The Student Room Group

UCA Farnham 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by helloskyline
oh man that sucks, we've been sent an online thing but its just alot nicer having things in the post!

not to sound like an eco freak, the uni probably wants to save money by emailing out information rather than posting it to the thousands of students who will be attending the uni in september, and all students then have the opportunity to print as they wish. the amount of stamps needed to post all the documentation would be an extortionate price to pay and the documentation could get lost in the posting and delivering process. so the only mishap with email is it could end up in the spam folder. at least you get all the information rather than waiting constantly for something to arrive in the post. post does not get delivered most of the time over the weekend, on the other hand, emails are sent and recieved in a matter of minutes. much more eco-friendly and cost effective. rant over lol
Hi I have the same problem and cant find the link to the summer project for foundation at farnham can you share it please thanks maisie:smile:
Reply 62
Original post by maisiepooch
Hi I have the same problem and cant find the link to the summer project for foundation at farnham can you share it please thanks maisie:smile:

i only know the link for product design and interaction but i guess drawing for the summer wont hurt and will keep the creativity flowing throughout the summer so there are no writers blocks when you start uni.http://community.ucreative.ac.uk/FPDIFBAH
i hope this helps:redface:
I'm off to UCA Farnham this September for Illustration, I am in Halls in the student village! 03 Friars Field, Flat A.
How did everyones grades go?! (:
Reply 64
Original post by ncartwright
I'm off to UCA Farnham this September for Illustration, I am in Halls in the student village! 03 Friars Field, Flat A.

How do you know which flat you're in? I haven't been sent anything about accomodation yet, but I have a large room in the main hall, that's all I know...
Original post by DuckDog
How do you know which flat you're in? I haven't been sent anything about accomodation yet, but I have a large room in the main hall, that's all I know...

It says when you make your advanced payment online, once that is through you log back in & it should say on that site above the payments due where your are living (:
Reply 66
Original post by ncartwright

I'm doing Illustration too! I'm at 07 Friars Field :smile: nice to meet you!
Reply 67
Original post by jenpenn
I'm doing Illustration too! I'm at 07 Friars Field :smile: nice to meet you!

Illustration too here!! 02 Friars field as well haha! Think they are all duping us there. :P
Reply 68
Original post by lotttiiee
Illustration too here!! 02 Friars field as well haha! Think they are all duping us there. :P

Haha looks like they're rounding us up on the same stretch of road! Will be nice having some illustrators nearby :smile:
Reply 69
It seems like I'm the only person in the main hall...
Reply 70
im living privatley and it seems like im the only one on my course. im doing ba in product design and interaction lol
Reply 71
Original post by DuckDog
Hello everyone!

I'm aware that there have been similar threads to this already, but none of them have been noticed/replied to by very many people. So I thought I'd start a new one.

I'll be starting the Digital Film and Screen Arts course at the University for the Creative arts in Farnham later this year and will be applying for accomodation tomorrow,quite excited :biggrin:

Anyone else going to UCA Farnham later this year? If so, what will you be studying?

Hey i'm studying Digital Film and Screen arts too! Did you get into accommodation?
Reply 72
Original post by mrjacob
Hey i'm studying Digital Film and Screen arts too! Did you get into accommodation?

Yeah I'm in the main hall! What about you?
Reply 73
Original post by DuckDog
Yeah I'm in the main hall! What about you?

Ive got a place in the Student Village! Worried now because it's only a week and a bit till its move in time! Very scared but also excited! Not managed to really find anyone else doing this course? I don't know about you? I feel like we'll have a small class!
Reply 74
Original post by mrjacob
Ive got a place in the Student Village! Worried now because it's only a week and a bit till its move in time! Very scared but also excited! Not managed to really find anyone else doing this course? I don't know about you? I feel like we'll have a small class!

I've talked to two girls on Facebook who are doing it, but you're the only other boy I've found! Still that's only 4 people.... Haha, so have you managed to find any of the books? I'm just waiting to get them at the library when I get there as I've looked all over the place and can't find them D:
Reply 75
Original post by DuckDog
I've talked to two girls on Facebook who are doing it, but you're the only other boy I've found! Still that's only 4 people.... Haha, so have you managed to find any of the books? I'm just waiting to get them at the library when I get there as I've looked all over the place and can't find them D:

Oh you have? Well you should certainly add me on Facebook [Mod note: Please use private messages to exchange contact details] :biggrin: But i think by the sounds of things we will have a small group! Glad i've found at least one person before the course though because i'm wondering and worrying about all sorts!

I looked at that welcome pack thing and saw about the books, i'm certainly not buying them if i could find them and my library is only small so i too am just going to wait till i get to Farnham and get them from the Uni library :smile: Much easier! Have you seen the "Equipment list" on there? The things they suggest having, some of the things are rather expensive so i dont think i'll be getting everything and also have you done the "Summer Project", i only found out about it recently so probably am not going to.
Reply 76
Original post by mrjacob
Oh you have? Well you should certainly add me on Facebook [Mod note: Please use private messages to exchange contact details] :biggrin: But i think by the sounds of things we will have a small group! Glad i've found at least one person before the course though because i'm wondering and worrying about all sorts!

I looked at that welcome pack thing and saw about the books, i'm certainly not buying them if i could find them and my library is only small so i too am just going to wait till i get to Farnham and get them from the Uni library :smile: Much easier! Have you seen the "Equipment list" on there? The things they suggest having, some of the things are rather expensive so i dont think i'll be getting everything and also have you done the "Summer Project", i only found out about it recently so probably am not going to.

Well I already have some of the things on the list, it's just the 2 terrabyte external hard drive that I think I might need but that's a bit expensive... THERE'S A SUMMER PROJECT!? What do we have to do?
Original post by DuckDog
Hello everyone!

I'm aware that there have been similar threads to this already, but none of them have been noticed/replied to by very many people. So I thought I'd start a new one.

I'll be starting the Digital Film and Screen Arts course at the University for the Creative arts in Farnham later this year and will be applying for accomodation tomorrow,quite excited :biggrin:

Anyone else going to UCA Farnham later this year? If so, what will you be studying?

Hello to everyone on the thread !! My name is Eliel and I am UCA representative and also a current student there. I have been doing photography for 2 years now.

I just wanted to say good luck to all of you with your interviews or decision making and hope you decide to make a move and be part of the UCA family.

If any of you have questions about your course, life at UCA or anything else you can think of don't hesitate to ask. I can't promise I'll know to answer everything but I will give it my best !!

Well, again good luck !!

Keep in touch.

E.
hey guys! I'm going to be in 05 friars field,Room 7! Nice to meet you both! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest