Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How Many People Own a Qur'an?

Announcements Posted on
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering how many people on this forum actually own a hard copy of the Quran (Arabic)?

And how many people on this forum own a hardy copy of the translation of the Quran. And if you do what translation?

Also how many people on this forum own a hard copy of the Bible. And if you do what translation?

Also how many people on this forum own any Hindu scriptures?
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hard copy of the Qur'an in Arabic. A gorgeous piece of work handwritten/calligraphed by Hashim al-Baghdadi and dedicated to my granddad.

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I own no religious texts.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myzt1kal)
    Hard copy of the Qur'an in Arabic. A gorgeous piece of work handwritten/calligraphed by Hashim al-Baghdadi and dedicated to my granddad.

That looks beautiful.

OT:
    I don't own any religious texts.
    • 72 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've got an Abdel Haleem and a Pickthall translation of the Qur'an, and I've got a KJV, NIV and a Gideon's bible. No other religious text.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatMuslimGuy)
    I was wondering how many people on this forum actually own a hard copy of the Quran (Arabic)?

And how many people on this forum own a hardy copy of the translation of the Quran. And if you do what translation?

Also how many people on this forum own a hard copy of the Bible. And if you do what translation?

Also how many people on this forum own any Hindu scriptures?
    I own yousef alis translation (I think that's his name) with the arabic side by side which I'm now using to learn Classical Arabic. We are Christians so we own many bible, various translations, as well as the original Greek and hebrew. As for Hinduism we have quite a lot of hidu scriptures including quite a few Puranas, the Vedas (all in translation) and of course about a dozen gitas, my personal favourite being parupadas version, as its got a word by word break down of the Sanskrit. As for Judaism, I bought recently art scrolls Torah with rashis commentary and targum onkelos, and I have italmud on my iPad which has all of the talmud (getting in book form would cost about two thousand pounds)
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    I dont own a Quran, but I own a Bible, not that I read or use it...
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I own several copies of the Quran in its original language. In addition, English and Urdu translations. I also have individual copies of the chapters.

Plenty of Islamic books and hadiths etc. as well.

I do not currently have any copies of the Bible or Hindu scriptures. I'm going to be getting a King James Bible soon.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have The Meaning of the Glorious Koran by Pickthall. I also have KJV and NIV copies of the bible, and translations of the Bhagavad Gita, Rigveda, Dhammapada, Guru Granth Sahib, the Zohar, the Kitab-I-Aqdas, the Tao Te Ching, and Confucius' Analects. I also have quite a lot of philosophy, and ancient literature and mythology.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a Rainbow Good News Bible, because they gave us them at school. It's bloody terrifying - all rainbows and unicorns on the cover, and then all these stories of rape and dismemberment inside...I figured they'd have edited it for kids, but nope!

I don't own any other religious texts.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have Quran hardcopies with translation in Urdu and also without translation.

No Bibles nor Hindu scriptures.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    My Quran in the Yusuf Ali translation. I think I have a New Testament somewhere. Need to get a KJV though.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    No hard copy I'm afraid, just a Kindle copy, along with the Bible and the Torah. I have very little space for real books.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I purchased one last year and have enjoyed reading it. Even if you're not a Muslim it's a very well-written book and I would recommend it, especially to atheists - it's very important to know the religion you oppose as well as those who follow it.
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    I only have a Quran translated by Yusuf Ali and I have no bibles or other religious texts.

(Original post by HenryKissinger)
    I purchased one last year and have enjoyed reading it. Even if you're not a Muslim it's a very well-written book and I would recommend it, especially to atheists - it's very important to know the religion you oppose as well as those who follow it.
    I had the exact opposite experience from you. I really didn't enjoy reading it and found it rather arduous. I imagine I will get neg repped for this, but that is just my experience of reading it.
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a Qu'ran (cannot remember which translation) but I'm yet to get around to reading it.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I own several bibles, but that's it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I read one but didn't keep it
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harrie Lyons;44301807[B)
    ]I own yousef alis translation (I think that's his name) with the arabic side by side which I'm now using to learn Classical Arabic. We are Christians so we own many bible, various translations, as well as the original Greek and hebrew. As for Hinduism we have quite a lot of hidu scriptures including quite a few Puranas, the Vedas (all in translation) and of course about a dozen gitas, my personal favourite being parupadas version, as its got a word by word break down of the Sanskrit. As for Judaism, I bought recently art scrolls Torah with rashis commentary and targum onkelos, and I have italmud on my iPad which has all of the talmud (getting in book form would cost about two thousand pounds)
    [/B]

It's nice that you as a Christian reads the scared literature of other religious traditions btw who the hell negged you
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I own Quran hardcopies with translation in English.

I also own a Bible in English.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: September 10, 2013
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.