Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Prophet killing those who insult him

Announcements Posted on
  1. Offline

ReputationRep:
    before today i never knew the Prophet actually ordered the assassinations of people over their words :eek:

(Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Ka'ab was powerful Jew living in Medina(or Yathrib).He signed a treaty with the Muslims so technically should've been an ally but he didn't act like one due to actions. I'll it in steps, should go in order of his actions:

- After Badr (the first battle between the Muslims and Quraysh), he started to make fun of the Prophet via poems. Encouraging resentment against the Muslims in Medina.
    - He then started praising the Quraysh, he went to Makkah, tried to instigate them into another war with the Muslims.
    - He returned to Medina and this time, he started making lewd poems about the Muslim women.

Enough was enough, and he got eventually got killed.
    isnt this like what dictators and dirty American tyrants do?
  2. Offline

ReputationRep:
    there was also the case where a man strangled a Jewish woman who insulted the Prophet and the Prophet allowed it:

With regard to the Sunnah, Abu Dawood (4362) narrated from ‘Ali that a Jewish woman used to insult the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and say bad things about him, so a man strangled her until she died, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) ruled that no blood money was due in this case.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said in al-Saarim al-Maslool (1/162): This hadeeth is jayyid, and there is a corroborating report in the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Abbaas which we will quote below.

This hadeeth clearly indicates that it was permissible to kill that woman because she used to insult the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).
  3. Online

ReputationRep:
    Here's Islam QA explaining why it is permitted to kill anyone, Muslim or non-Muslim, who insults Muhammad.

Insulting the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is one of the worst of forbidden actions, and it constitutes kufr and apostasy from Islam, according to scholarly consensus, whether done seriously or in jest. The one who does that is to be executed even if he repents and whether he is a Muslim or a kaafir.
    The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sometimes chose to forgive those who had insulted him, and sometimes he ordered that they should be executed, if that served a greater purpose. But now his forgiveness is impossible because he is dead, so the execution of the one who insults him remains the right of Allaah, His Messenger and the believers, and the one who deserves to be executed cannot be let off, so the punishment must be carried out.
    http://islamqa.info/en/22809
  4. Online

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kushmakush)
    before today i never knew the Prophet actually ordered the assassinations of people over their words :eek:

isnt this like what dictators and dirty American tyrants do?
    Yes he did.

It's why it still happens today as they are following his example
  5. Online

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Achaea)
    Here's Islam QA explaining why it is permitted to kill anyone, Muslim or non-Muslim, who insults Muhammad.

http://islamqa.info/en/22809
    That's disgusting.
  6. Online

ReputationRep:
    For me, the worst one is Muhammad's assassination of the poet Asma bint Marwan, whom he had murdered - simply because she ridiculed him in her writing - by sending one of his men to her house at night, and the man stabbed her to death while she was asleep surrounded by her children. I find it hard to think of an act more despicable and cowardly than murdering a sleeping woman with her children around her, merely because of some words she wrote, but when told what had happened, Muhammad merely laughed it off as irrelevant as two goats butting their heads together.
  7. Offline

ReputationRep:
    For me, the worst one is Muhammad's assassination of the poet Asma bint Marwan, whom he had murdered - simply because she ridiculed him in her writing - by sending one of his men to her house at night, and the man stabbed her to death while she was asleep surrounded by her children. I find it hard to think of an act more despicable and cowardly than murdering a sleeping woman with her children around her, merely because of some words she wrote, but when told what had happened, Muhammad merely laughed it off as irrelevant as two goats butting their heads together.
    source? an dont give me wikislam dont trust that crap
  8. Online

ReputationRep:
    source? an dont give me wikislam dont trust that crap
    You can see it in this book, A Biography of the Prophet of Islam. The sources are given under the story.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...marwan&f=false
  9. Online

ReputationRep:
    The authenticity of the story regarding Asma bint Marwan

The story is not authentic according to Al-Albani [1], Abdul Malik [2], Al Jawzi [3], Ibn Adi [4] and others.

The chain of transmission in Ibn Ishaqs account is:

Muhammad ibn Ibrahim al-Shami → Muhammad ibn al-Hajjaj al-Lakhmi → Mujalid ibn Sa’ed → Al-Shu'abi → Ibn ‘Abbas

Muhammad ibn al-Hajjaj is a narrator is known for fabricating hadeeth. Hence Al-Albani said this is not authentic [5] alongside Al-Jawzi [6] and Ibn Adi said: "...this isnad (chain of reporters) is not narrated on authority of Mujalid but by Muhammad ibn al-Hajjaj al-Lakhmi and they all (other reporters in the chain) accuse Muhammad Ibn Al-Hajjaj of forging it" [7]

Regarding Muhammad Ibn Al-Hajjaj : Al-Bukhari
    said: "his hadith is abandoned", [8] Yahya Ibn Ma'een said: "compulsive liar" and once said: "not trustworthy".[9] Ad-Daraqutni denounced him as a liar.[10]

Ibn Taymiyyah writes:

قَدْ نَصَبَ اللَّهُ الْأَدِلَّةَ عَلَى بَيَانِ مَا فِيهَا مِنْ صَحِيحٍ وَغَيْرِهِ وَمَعْلُومٌ أَنَّ الْمَنْقُولَ فِي التَّفْسِيرِ أَكْثَرُهُ كَالْمَنْقُولِ فِي الْمَغَازِي وَالْمَلَاحِمِ وَلِهَذَا قَالَ الْإِمَامُ أَحْمَد ثَلَاثَةُ أُمُورٍ لَيْسَ لَهَا إسْنَادٌ التَّفْسِيرُ وَالْمَلَاحِمُ وَالْمَغَازِي وَيُرْوَى لَيْسَ لَهَا أَصْلٌ أَيْ إسْنَادٌ لِأَنَّ الْغَالِبَ عَلَيْهَا
    الْمَرَاسِيلُ مِثْلُ مَا يَذْكُرُهُ عُرْوَةُ بْنُ الزُّبَيْرِ وَالشَّعْبِيُّ وَالزُّهْرِيُّ وَمُوسَى بْنُ عُقْبَةَ وَابْنُ إسْحَاقَ

Allah has provided evidence establishing the authenticity or lack thereof for the narrations that are necessary in matters of the religion. It is well-known that most of what is reported in books of exegesis is similar to what is reported in books of history and battles. For this reason, Imam Ahmad said that three matters are not reliable: exegesis, stories of battles, and history. These matters are narrated without a basis or chain of narration from those who omit narrators such as what is mentioned from Urwah ibn Az-Zubair, Ash-Sha’bi, Az-Zuhri, Musa ibn Uqbah, and Ibn Ishaq. [11]

The chain of transmission from Ibn Sa'id is:

Ibn Sa'd → Al-Waqidi → 'Abd Allah ibn al-Harith ibn al-Fudayl → Al-Harith ibn al-Fudayl

Al-Albani declared this to be inauthentic [12]. This is due to Al-Waqidi being in the chain. He is an unauthentic reporter:

1. al-Shafi’i (d. 204 A.H.):
    All the books of al-Waqidi are lies. In Madinah there were seven men who used to fabricator authorities, one of which was al-Waqidi.[13]

2. Ahmad ibn Hanbal (d. 241 A.H.):He is a liar, makes alternations in the traditions.[14]

3. al-Nasa’i (d. 303 A.H.):The liars known for fabricating the Hadith of the Messenger of Allah are four. They are: Arba’ah b. Abi Yahya in Madinah, al-Waqidi in Baghdad, Muqatil b. Sulayman in Khurasan and Muhammad bin Sa’id in Syria.[15]

4. al-Bukhari (d. 256 A.H.):al-Waqidi has been abandoned in Hadith. He fabricates Hadith.[16]

5. al-Dhahbi (d. 748 A.H.):Consensus has taken place on the weakness of al-Waqidi.[17]

6. Yahya ibn Ma’in (d. 233 A.H.):He is weak. He is nothing. Not reliable![18]

7. Ishaq ibn Rahwiyah (d. 238 A.H.):According to my view, he is one of those who fabricate Hadith.[19]

8. Abu Dawud (d. 275 A.H.):I do not write his Hadith and I do not report (Hadith) on his authority. I have no doubt that he used to make up Hadith.[20]

9. Ibn Abi Hatim al-Razi (d. 277 A.H.):He fabricates Hadith. We have abandoned his Hadith.[21]

10. al-Darqutni (d. 385 A.H.):There is weakness in him (in his reporting).[22]

11. ‘Ali ibn Madyani (d. 241 A.H.):He fabricates Hadith.[23]

12. Ibn ‘Adi (d. 365 A.H.):His traditions are not safe and there is danger from him (in accepting his traditions).[24]

13. Ibn Hajr (d. 852 A.H.):He has been abandoned in spite of vastness of his knowledge.[25]

14. Abu Zar’ah al-Razi (d. 264 A.H.):Abandoned, Weak![26]

15. al-Nawawi (d. 676 A.H.):Their (muhaddithin’) consensus is that al-Waqidi is weak.[27]

16. Al-Albani said: Al-Waqidi is a liar [28]

Also the chain is Mu'dal (discontinued) as Al-Harith Ibn Fudayl never met any of the Prophets companions [29]

So in conclusion this story is not authentic and is fabricated.

References:

[1] Silsilat Al-Ahadeeth Ad-Da'ifah #6013.
    [2] Sahih Sirah Al-Nibawiyah pp.335-336.
    [3] Al-'Ilal p.175
    [4] Al-Kāmil fī al-ḍuʻafāʼ wa-ʻilal al-ḥadīth p.326
    [5]Silsilat Al-Ahadeeth Ad-Da'ifah #6013.
    [6]Al-'Ilal p.175
    [7]Al-Kāmil fī al-ḍuʻafāʼ wa-ʻilal al-ḥadīth p.326
    [8]Silsilat Al-Ahadeeth Ad-Da'ifah #6013.
    [9]Silsilat Al-Ahadeeth Ad-Da'ifah #6013.
    [10]Silsilat Al-Ahadeeth Ad-Da'ifah #6013.
    [11]
    Majmu’ Al-Fatawa 13/346
    [12] Silsilat Al-Ahadeeth Ad-Da'ifah #6013.
    [13] Ibn Abi Hatim, vol.4 pt.1 p.21[14 al-Dhahbi, Mizan, vol.3 p.110
    [15] Ibn Hajr al-‘Asqalani, Tahdhib al-Tahdhib, vol.9 p.366 No.604, Hyderabad, 1326 A.H.cf. Yusuf ‘Abbas Hashmi, Zaynab bint Jahash, ‘Islamic Culture’ vol.XLI, No.1, Hyderabad (India), 1967
    [16] al-Dhahbi, Mizan, vol.3 p.110
    [17] Ibid., p.111
    [18] Ibid. p.110,
    Ibn Abi Hatim, vol.4 pt.1. p.21
    [19] Ibn Abi Hatim, p.21
    [20] Ibn Hajr, Tahdhib, vol.9, p.366, No.604 cf. Hashmi
    [21] Ibid., p.366
    Ibn Abi Hatim, p.21
    [22] al-Dhahbi, Mizan, p.110
    [23] Ibid., p.110
    Ibn Hajr, Tahdhib, p.366 cf. Hashmi
    [24] al-Dhahbi, Mizan, vol.3, p.110
    [25] Ibn Hajr, Taqrib al-Tahdhib, vol.2, p.194, Cairo, 1960
    [26] Ibn Abi Hatim, vol.4, pt.1, p.21
    [27] Ibn Hajr, Tahdhib, vol.9, p.366 cf. Hashmi[28] Silsilat Al-Ahadeeth Ad-Da'ifah #6013.
    [29]Silsilat Al-Ahadeeth Ad-Da'ifah #6013.
  10. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatMuslimGuy)
    auth
    what about the other ones?

i asked you exactly four times about this in past month but you never responded

With regard to the Sunnah, Abu Dawood (4362) narrated from ‘Ali that a Jewish woman used to insult the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and say bad things about him, so a man strangled her until she died, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) ruled that no blood money was due in this case.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said in al-Saarim al-Maslool (1/162): This hadeeth is jayyid, and there is a corroborating report in the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Abbaas which we will quote below.

This hadeeth clearly indicates that it was permissible to kill that woman because she used to insult the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).
  11. Online

ReputationRep:
    can i just say the Muslims who don't act on that basis are the real Muslims and good people in general, Islam is a religion of peace in which a few twisted individuals have manipulated the words in the holy book to justify killing innocent people this has given people a reason to hate Islam when only a minority cause the chaos we read about,
    i am not Muslim but i have a Muslim friend and relative and know many Muslims and they are great people even they were appalled by what was said.
  12. Online

ReputationRep:
    Great video by The Masked Arab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEYV...ature=youtu.be
  13. Online

ReputationRep:
    The Authenticity of the Abu Afak Story

This story is recorded by Ibn Ishaq and Ibn Sa'd.

However neither of them provide an isnaad (Chain of transmission) for the story.

One of the five criteria for a hadeeth to be authentic is that it must have a fully connected chain of transmission [1]

In this case we don't have that. So it is not authentic.

References:

[1] Mohammad Hashim Kamali, A Textbook of Hadith Studies, pp.139-143. Also see Usool Al-Hadeeth by Bilal Philips.

As for masked arab video - hes simply copy n pasting well refuted issues. I mean I just took care of over 50% of his video in a few minutes. lol
  14. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunslingerZearon)
    Islam is a religion of peace
    Blah, blah, blah. That cracked record is very tiring.

Can we please have some street protests and sackloads letters to the newspapers from Moslems deploring what happens in the name of Islam? It will then be more plausible.
  15. Offline

ReputationRep:
    lol
    lol why do you keep ignoring my OP the cases ive asked about? this is like spamming
  16. Online

ReputationRep:
    As for masked arab video - hes simply copy n pasting well refuted issues. I mean I just took care of over 50% of his video in a few minutes. lol
    Why don't you 'take care' of the Islam QA fatwa I posted above? http://islamqa.info/en/22809

Abu Dawood (4361) narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas that a blind man had a freed concubine (umm walad) who used to insult the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and say bad things about him. He told her not to do that but she did not stop, and he rebuked her but she did not heed him. One night, when she started to say bad things about the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and insult him, he took a short sword or dagger, put it on her belly and pressed it and killed her. The following morning that was mentioned to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He called the people together and said, “I adjure by Allah the man who has done this action and I adjure him by my right over him that he should stand up.” The blind man stood up and said, “O Messenger of Allaah, I am the one who did it; she used to insult you and say bad things about you. I forbade her, but she did not stop, and I rebuked her, but she did not give up her habit. I have two sons like pearls from her, and she was kind to me. Last night she began to insult you and say bad things about you. So I took a dagger, put it on her belly and pressed it till I killed her.” Thereupon the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Bear witness, there is no blood money due for her.”
    (Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 3655)
    Al-Nasaa’i narrated (4071) that Abu Barzah al-Aslami said: A man spoke harshly to Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq and I said, ‘Shall I kill him?’ He rebuked me and said, ‘That is not for anyone after the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) .’” (Saheeh al-Nasaa’i, 3795)
    It may be noted from this that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had the right to kill whoever insulted him and spoke harshly to him, and that included both Muslims and kaafirs.
    Insulting the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is one of the worst of forbidden actions, and it constitutes kufr and apostasy from Islam, according to scholarly consensus, whether done seriously or in jest. The one who does that is to be executed even if he repents and whether he is a Muslim or a kaafir. If he repents sincerely and regrets what he has done, this repentance will benefit him on the Day of Resurrection and Allaah will forgive him.
    Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) wrote a valuable book on this matter, entitled al-Saarim al-Maslool ‘ala Shaatim al-Rasool which every believer should read, especially in these times when a lot of hypocrites and heretics dare to insult the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) because they see that the Muslims are careless and feel little protective jealousy towards their religion and their Prophet, and they do not implement the shar’i punishment which would deter these people and their ilk from committing this act of blatant kufr.
  17. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Saheeh al-Nasaa’i, 3795)
    It may be noted from this that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had the right to kill whoever insulted him and spoke harshly to him, and that included both Muslims and kaafirs.
    :no:
  18. Offline

ReputationRep:
    lol why do you keep ignoring my OP the cases ive asked about? this is like spamming
    Because I can't imagine it being easy trying to defend murder. Playing the "inauthentic" card for other cases is much more palatable.
  19. Online

ReputationRep:
    So far, he's ignored my question too. Not surprised at all.
  20. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Is it more worship or fear of death that has people believing in this?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 16, 2015
2015 general election
New on TSR

Watch Natalie Bennett answer your questions

TSR talks to the leader of the Green Party

Article updates
Useful resources
Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.