Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Muslims- What are your opinions on Quranists? -POLL

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
  • View Poll Results: Muslims- What are your opinions on Quranists?
    They shouldn't even be considered Muslims.
    30.46%
    I don't know much about them to judge.
    18.78%
    I don't really care about other sects in Islam.
    6.09%
    We're all Muslims, it doesn't matter.
    29.95%
    I'm a Quranist myself.
    11.68%
    I don't agree with them but respect their views.
    14.72%
    Other- please comment below.
    6.60%

• 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosaer)
    Quranites only testify that "there is no god but God". So.....
    ....it's a hard one.

I suppose all I can say now is that we're not ones to judge because at the end of the day, when judgement day arrives God will have the final answer as to whether they're Muslim or not. We don't know and we certainly can't base their beliefs on our opinions.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    How can a Quranist claim to be a muslim if he/she dosen't follow the sunnah of Allahs greatest creation? Be serious.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen47)
    Because that's not the only form of prayer: you pray when you're thinking about God; you can pray through meditation; people who are physically unable to do the actions required for salah simply sit on a chair and say the prayers. Prayer is basically communicating with God so it can be done in a number of ways.
    He is talking about Salat. It is the main form of prayer. It is obligatory on every Muslim. It is the first thing a Muslim will be held to account on the day of judgement. There are other forms of worship, correct, but they do not and cannot take the place of the five daily prayers.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I resent the term 'Quranist' - are you not adding yet another sect to what is already a wrongful collection of sects so-called?

I have a friend who goes by this ideology however, he's even written book chapters on it. Don't know enough to judge but it is certainly worth a think, long and proper.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    Really? That's one of the biggest problems in "Muslimdom?"
    Yep. Far too many Muslims judging other Muslims, far too little unity.

Muslims will never fare well recognising the unity of humanity across religions if they're incapable of recognising the unity of Muslims in Islam.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)

Muslims will never fare well recognising the unity of humanity across religions if they're incapable of recognising the unity of Muslims in Islam.
    I can think of serveral far more pressing issues within Islam than one sect thinking that another sect aren't true Muslims.

The only route religious people see to uniting humanity is if everyone shares their beliefs as closely as possible.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Meh. It's not a boring religion, you can have different views, that doesn't necessarily mean Muslims can't establish outer-unity, after all a large percentage do share core values. All that is needed is someone to consolidate that position. Preferably, not someone like Assad or Zardari. The Muslim world is overrun with these guys.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harmony_01)
    Meh. It's not a boring religion, you can have different views, that doesn't necessarily mean Muslims can't establish outer-unity, after all a large percentage do share core values. All that is needed is someone to consolidate that position. Preferably, not someone like Assad or Zardari. The Muslim world is overrun with these guys.
    I agree, it isn't a boring religion. My family is Muslim lol.

However, Muslims have historically and (in my opinion) culturally clashed and shown a fundamental inability to look to fellow Muslims for unity. Most tend to stay within a certain sect, ethnic following or cultural tradition within Islam and few seek pan-Islamic unity whether that's culturally or politically.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can think of serveral far more pressing issues within Islam than one sect thinking that another sect aren't true Muslims.

The only route religious people see to uniting humanity is if everyone shares their beliefs as closely as possible.
    Well given that the aforementioned attitude has lead to the slaughtering of many lives and potential (and actual) war, I would say it's pretty pressing if not the most important issue facing the Islamic world (and its diaspora). When this issue is fixed, I have little doubt that there will be many improvements in the mindset of the international Islamic community.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I agree, it isn't a boring religion. My family is Muslim lol.

However, Muslims have historically and (in my opinion) culturally clashed and shown a fundamental inability to look to fellow Muslims for unity. Most tend to stay within a certain sect, ethnic following or cultural tradition within Islam and few seek pan-Islamic unity whether that's culturally or politically.
    Society will always be divided into subgroups. Personally speaking, Muslims seem to get on here fine with one another. Mecca has an extraordinary mix of cultures to the point it has been described as quite a liberal city compared to the rest of Saudi Arabia in the New York times, where Islamic theology is readily debated.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well given that the aforementioned attitude has lead to the slaughtering of many lives and potential (and actual) war, I would say it's pretty pressing if not the most important issue facing the Islamic world (and its diaspora). When this issue is fixed, I have little doubt that there will be many improvements in the mindset of the international Islamic community.
    How could it possibly be fixed? What rational way is there to solve, rather than simply mitigate, the problem of a group of people thinking that their inherently irrational beliefs are superior to those of another group that doesn't involve the unlikely scenario of one or both groups renouncing said beliefs?

That's not a Muslim trait it's a human one, and it's not something than can be easily (if at all) solved.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squishy123)
    You wouldn't even be able say the SHAHADAH (confirmation needed?) or even your Salah without the Hadiths.

I'm curious as to how the Quranists will pray their Salah which is one of the five fundamental pillars.
    Right on!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Somebody please educate me. What are hadiths? I thought The Quran was the be all end all of Islam?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Also a quranist is not allowed to eat fish because it says in the quran Allah says:

'Say (O Muhammad SAW): "I find not in that which has been revealed to me anything forbidden to be eaten by one who wishes to eat it, unless it be Maitah (a dead animal) or blood poured forth (by slaughtering or the like), or the flesh of swine (pork) for that surely is impure, or impious (unlawful) meat (of an animal) which is slaughtered as a sacrifice for others than Allâh (or has been slaughtered for idols or on which Allâh's Name has not been mentioned while slaughtering). But whosoever is forced by necessity without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits, (for him) certainly, your Lord is Oft¬Forgiving, Most Merciful." 6:145

While in the hadith it says
    Moreover, Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him eternal peace) said: “Two types of dead meat and two types of blood have been made lawful for our consumption: The two dead meats are: fish and locust, and the two types of blood are: liver and spleen.” (Sunan Abu Dawud, Musnad Ahmad, 2/97 and Sunan Ibn Majah, no: 3314)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    I resent the term 'Quranist' - are you not adding yet another sect to what is already a wrongful collection of sects so-called?

I have a friend who goes by this ideology however, he's even written book chapters on it. Don't know enough to judge but it is certainly worth a think, long and proper.
    I do resent it and I didn't even know not following the haidth was considered a sect until last week. But it's the only way people will know who I'm referring to.

(Original post by hamzazulfiqar)
    How can a Quranist claim to be a muslim if he/she dosen't follow the sunnah of Allahs greatest creation? Be serious.
    How can a Sunni/Shia, etc claim to be a Muslim when they look to the hadiths/sunnah for guidance more than they look to the Quran which is God's own words?

(Original post by sexbo)
    Somebody please educate me. What are hadiths? I thought The Quran was the be all end all of Islam?
    The Quran is the main book of the religion. Years after the prophet died, some scholars and people decided to recollect stories of the life of the prophet & further explain the Quran in a set of different books called the hadith.

(Original post by amerzeb)
    Also a quranist is not allowed to eat fish because it says in the quran Allah says:

'Say (O Muhammad SAW): "I find not in that which has been revealed to me anything forbidden to be eaten by one who wishes to eat it, unless it be Maitah (a dead animal) or blood poured forth (by slaughtering or the like), or the flesh of swine (pork) for that surely is impure, or impious (unlawful) meat (of an animal) which is slaughtered as a sacrifice for others than Allâh (or has been slaughtered for idols or on which Allâh's Name has not been mentioned while slaughtering). But whosoever is forced by necessity without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits, (for him) certainly, your Lord is Oft¬Forgiving, Most Merciful." 6:145
    That's actually a good point. The translation they follow says:

6:145 "Say, 'I do not find in the revelations given to me any food that is prohibited for any eater except carrion, running blood, the meat of pigs for it is contaminated and the meat of animals blasphemously dedicated to other than God".

So fish has to be halal also?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baddream)
    That's actually a good point. The translation they follow says:

6:145 "Say, 'I do not find in the revelations given to me any food that is prohibited for any eater except carrion, running blood, the meat of pigs for it is contaminated and the meat of animals blasphemously dedicated to other than God".

So fish has to be halal also?
    where would fish be classed in this verse? would it be a carrion?
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexbo)
    Hadiths are the sayings and actions of the Prophet(pbuh). In other words, the Sunnah of the Prophet(pbuh).

Aisha (May Allah be pleased with her) described him as, "His character was just (a reflection of) the Quran." (Muslim, Abu Dawood, Ahmad)
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baddream)

How can a Sunni/Shia, etc claim to be a Muslim when they look to the hadiths/sunnah for guidance more than they look to the Quran which is God's own words?
    :facepalm2: May Allaah protect us all. What's disturbing is that you seem to have taken it upon yourself to interpret the Qur'an based on a translation, forgetting how complex the Arabic language is and totally disregarding the efforts of past scholars to preserve the Qur'ans meaning without it being taken and distorted in a manner that you are doing. The reason half of the divisions in the ummah probably exist are because of people like yourself who think they are capable of interpreting the rulings. Of course the Qur'an is for everyone and the message is for everyone but deriving your own rulings from it and deciding what's haram/halal? You're not even reading the Arabic and from thereon coming to conclusions, rather you're reading a translation :indiff: in which meaning is often lost and one has to keep that in mind anyway.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    How could it possibly be fixed? What rational way is there to solve, rather than simply mitigate, the problem of a group of people thinking that their inherently irrational beliefs are superior to those of another group that doesn't involve the unlikely scenario of one or both groups renouncing said beliefs?

That's not a Muslim trait it's a human one, and it's not something than can be easily (if at all) solved.
    Europeans seem to have gotten the picture. After centuries of bloody rivalry and continuous wars - Europe has founded a union based on shared humanity with a view to mutual prosperity. There is no reason why such a shift in Islamic attitudes can not be attained. Though I'd like to see what your experience of the Islamic community is, it doesn't seem like you attain your authority on the subject anywhere but from thin air.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perseveranze)
    Please show me your great classical Arabic skills that you've spent your whole life trying to learn to be able to interpret and understand years of Islamic history and scripture?

If you can't, then YOU and Scholars definitly interpet things differently for a reason.

People spend a 1/3 of their life learning Classical Arabic, and then 2/3's learning hadith and end up saying in regret; "If only I had spent 2/3's learning classical arabic, that I may have a better understanding of hadith".

Then we have people like you who read a couple of english translations, not knowing its meaning, it's context or anything and make judgements like "these hadiths are weird".

Quranists have been refuted time and time again, take a read here and try to answer these questions - http://www.call-to-monotheism.com/qu...l_responses_to

The Qur'an is the product given to mankind, from this product we can know what Allah(swt) wants mankind to do to be amongst the rightoues and go into paradise.

However, no product comes without a manual, some kind of "how to use this product" script. So what sense would it be for Allah(swt) to give us the product, but not the instructions manual? There isn't any, that's why we have the product (Qur'an) and the instructions (Hadith) which tells us how to use this product.

''It is not for a Believer, man or Women, when Allah and His Messeger have decreed a matter that they should have any opsion in thier decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messefnger, he has indeed strayed in a plain error. {Qur'an 33:36}
    why would god create such a goddamn difficult and complicated religion?

surely, being god and all, he could've created simple rules that everyone understands.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 10, 2013
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.