Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

You win a competition. Prizes are £100 cash, or Free Pizza for a year.

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: Which prize would you pick?
    Pizza
    66.67%
    £100
    33.33%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd pick Pizza. :sogood:

Cash is cash, you take it, buy some clothes, buy some shoes, buy some perfume, buy some technology, and bam, it's gone. (Well OP was £1000, it's £100 now).

Pizza for a year, is topped, with meat, and vegetables, it's sexy, it's beautiful, it's mouth-watering, it's cheesy, it's the perfect food, tbh.

To try and keep this fair, let's say the Pizza was one per day maximum. I'd still pick it, and if I didn't have it, and I probably wouldn't every single day, I could give it to family and friends and students and it would save them cooking, and I could even make money if they gave me like a quid for one.

I'm quite curious to know what students would pick (hence why I asked on here ), because students eat lots of pizza, but students also could do with a free hundred quid, so which would ya'll pick?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pizza is great, but I really doubt I spend £1000 on pizza in a year. I'd take the grand, and maybe put £200 aside for pizza for the year? (I doubt I even spend that much)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not a massive fan of pizza, I'd go with the cash - at least I can spend it on whatever I want.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I think I'd pick the money, I could image the pizza getting boring really quickly and you can do a lot of good with £1000!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd get so sick of pizza, so quickly.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What if it was £100 then? Let's try and balance this, see where the cut-off is.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd take the grand and have an amazing summer.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    The pizza is worth more but still. Cash for me.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If it was a grand, I'd take the money. If it was £100, I'd pick the pizza.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Someone-Like-You-)
    What if it was £100 then? Let's try and balance this, see where the cut-off is.
    I think you've gone too far to the other end, the value of pizza for a year would be much greater than £100!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    At £1000, I'd take the money. At £100, I'd take the pizza. I suppose the pizza starts to become the weaker option at maybe £200 for me? It's difficult because it's difficult to factor in the fact that, with free pizza for a year, you'd obviously be inclined to go for the pizza more often, so even getting, say, £300 worth of pizza in a year could be less valuable to you than £250 if you wouldn't normally spend £250 on pizza in a year.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pizza, although it depended, would it be of Domino's or Pizza Hut quality or would it simply be a few frozen ones?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    i would loveeeee pizza :drool:
    though practically, id pick the money...

then again... if the pizza i can eat is unlimited (i.e. cost of all pizza is more than 100 quid), then i may choose pizza for when im living out of halls next year... assuming i like the pizza and was allowed different kinds of toppings
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I love pizza, but it's safer for the waist line if I pick the money
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pizza of course
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    is this pizza takeaway such as dominos?

If so for £100 I'd take pizza, £1000 I'd take the money.

Without an offer on a large dominos pizza is something ridiculous like £15 or so. So lets say one pizza a week, that's already £780 worth of dominos pizza.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iSMark)
    Pizza, although it depended, would it be of Domino's or Pizza Hut quality or would it simply be a few frozen ones?
    Well, you can't give Dominos, and you can't give Tesco value, so maybe a small Italian fast-food/restaurant shop to meet the quality somewhere in the middle.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd pick the money. Even if it was only £100, I'd pick the money.

Not a huge pizza fan. Plus, it's better to have something concrete- what happens if you suddenly develop a hatred of pizza? (unlikely, I know)

I'd use the money to buy some nice clothes (which I'd probably not fit into if I was eating pizza every day for a year :P)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Cash. Pizza has way too much salt and calories to eat that often... I like to keep it as a treat, and that way I'll savour and appreciate it more
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i dont like pizza...well not dont like... just id rather have a sandwich, a toasted sandwich mmmmmmm.... pizzas are just broken sandwiches they have no lid! :|
    but i could happily buy some shoes !
    x

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 16, 2012
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.