Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cottage Cheese.

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I usually eat a tub of cottage cheese straight out the tub before bed, it tastes like **** but I eat it anyway. I've been eating it for a while but never really looked into making it taste better.

So anybody got any good recipes, to make it taste better that takes little time to prepare?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Besakt)
    I usually eat a tub of cottage cheese straight out the tub before bed, it tastes like **** but I eat it anyway. I've been eating it for a while but never really looked into making it taste better.

So anybody got any good recipes, to make it taste better that takes little time to prepare?
    A full tub EVERY day?!:lolwut:

I can't stand the stuff myself, its vile. I do sometimes buy it and choke some down though I then remember why I hate it so much. Makes me sad, since its good nutritionally.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I usually add some salt and pepper, or some bbq sauce if i've got any lying around and it isn't late at night. Still doesn't taste nice, but a bit more bearable.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Add some peanut butter, dried fruit and nuts- bangin'.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cottage cheese is lush!
    Why do you eat it before bed?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hate cottage cheese so I just end up buying the one with pineapple in it which is really really nice. I would say though I does contain quite a bit of sugars in them compared to plain cottage cheese
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Besakt)

Your post made me laugh a lot.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Baron)
    A full tub EVERY day?!:lolwut:

I can't stand the stuff myself, its vile. I do sometimes buy it and choke some down though I then remember why I hate it so much. Makes me sad, since its good nutritionally.
    Yeah every night. You get use to the taste I was like that the first time I tasted it. I'm use to the taste now but still taste crap.

(Original post by Jeester)
    Cottage cheese is lush!
    Why do you eat it before bed?
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/50...se-before-bed/

(Original post by WTSFG)
    Your post made me laugh a lot.
    What was so funny about it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    2 Options I would give;

1. Cottage cheese could go with pineapple, tomatoes, anchovies, chutney, salt & pepper, drizzle of honey, etc.

2. You could give 0% Greek Yogurt a go. It has a similar composition to cottage cheese, Fage having ~73% of its calories from protein, whilst also being lower in salt. Good gut bacteria too! It has a much more mild flavour that I would say is more easily stomacheable.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have cottage cheese and sweet chilli sauce on ryvita. It tastes good, but be careful about the sugar content in the sauce.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Besakt;37192057
    [url
    )

http://www.livestrong.com/article/502304-what-are-the-benefits-of-cottage-cheese-before-bed/[/url]
    As far as I'm concerned if your body is digesting protein over 6 of your 8 hours sleep, you aint getting proper rest. Your body is doing something it doesn't need to be doing which can effect your rem and horomonal balance and everything else.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikestraws)
    As far as I'm concerned if your body is digesting protein over 6 of your 8 hours sleep, you aint getting proper rest. Your body is doing something it doesn't need to be doing which can effect your rem and horomonal balance and everything else.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    300g cottage cheese before bed for me too. And 20g PB.

I eat it plain, as I don't mind it now.

But a few years ago when it made me gag, I got a sachet of Hartleys sugar/fat free jelly mix, and put the cottage cheese in the blender, a bit of water, half a sachet of the hartleys (about 3 calories iirc) and blend it and drink it. Perfect.

Or, don't add the water, and it keeps a yogurt consistency which you can eat with a spoon.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cottage cheese and pineapple pieces is :coma: .
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Cottage cheese strudel is amazing had it in Poland
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Salt and pepper, or chives, or pineapple.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Chives are wonderful in cottage cheese... Onion flavour without the effort of frying/chopping. You just cut 'em with scissors.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cottage Cheese with nuts + half a scoop of your protein shake powder makes it quite nice
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    300g low fat cottage cheese, pint of milk, two handful of frozen berries. all blended together. makes a pretty tasty milkshake. Can add oats aswell.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 3, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.