Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Name ONE Championship player who you think would fit in well into the Premier League.

Announcements Posted on
The Football forum needs another moderator! 19-04-2014
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    With the end of the season fast approaching, and 2 teams being automatically promoted, and 4 battling it out in the play-offs to get there, we could potentially see a large range of players from this years Championship in next years PL. So let's try and identify the one's to watch out for i.e. players who will settle in well and perform week-in, week-out.

The title says name ONE so if everyone states one, more of us can give an opinion rather than one person just name 60 and the thread become kind of "well he/she's already said everyone!"

I'll start:

Yes, a little bit biased, but Peter Whittingham. Before you say it's total bias, he was a contender for player of the year and many people i've spoken to thought he should have won it. He did win goal of the year. He's played for an ex-PL team and didn't do too badly. Certainly the heart of the team at the City. I think if the Bluebirds are promoted, Whittingham would perform and be a stand-out to opposition teams and fans.

He's got good vision, great feet, a wonderful shot, and just a gem of a player at the club. I could have picked several others and explained why, but i'll wait for a few more people to reply, and then state other players from other clubs too!
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Clyne, expecting him to be moving to the PL soon.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Adam Lallana.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Clyne, expecting him to be moving to the PL soon.
    Palace aren't going up, but I hear United have/intend to put a bid in, and are on the hunt for him. Would be a great move for him to be at United, and based on his credentials at Palace, certainly someone who should settle in well into the PL. +1 :yep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nathan Redmond - haven't seen too much of him myself but he's meant to be highly rated
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Redmond or Zaha
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Villa fan and remember Whittingham playing for us, he wasn't quite ready back then, but he seems to of done great since moving to cardiff so fairplay to him!
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Whittingham was exactly the player i was going to say ! But since you got him i would say Kevin Mcnaughton The dude is a rock at full back shame he gets injured pretty frequently
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Kasper Schmeichel. Bloke will surpass his dad in the not too distant future.

I reckon Ben Marshall will make it there as well, Stoke were wrong to let him go to us.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Schmeichel
    Le Fondre
    Lambert
    Lallana
    Nugent
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Morgan Schneiderlin. A superb passer, composed on the ball, a good engine and still only 22. Will flourish in the PL as it is less physical than the lower leagues. Expect to see him making waves soon if Saints are promoted.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Koscielny)
    Schmeichel
    Le Fondre
    Lambert
    Lallana
    Nugent
    Le Fondre?

I really rate Blackpool's Matt Phillips. Cracking player.
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nugent has already played in the Premier League hasn't he?

Any of these would get on alright I reckon, whether now or in the future, and none have yet played in the PL:

Rickie Lambert (Soton)
    Guy Demel (West Ham, former Arsenal Academy but spent a long time in the Bundesliga with Hamburg)
    Wilfried Zaha/Nathaniel Clyne (Palace)
    Nathan Redmond (B'ham)

I also think if Middlesborough were to be re-promoted that Marvin Emnes would be a lot better than he was in his first season with them.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Play-A-Record!)
    Le Fondre?

I really rate Blackpool's Matt Phillips. Cracking player.
    The thread said one player, but if I hadn't said Whittingham, I would have said MP. Cracking player indeed, and brilliant season so far.

It's going to be the best and most intense Play-Off this year in terms of quality of teams and players. Just can't wait :sogood:
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alofleicester)
    Kasper Schmeichel. Bloke will surpass his dad in the not too distant future.
    Really hasn't done anything that indicates he will become one of the worlds best keepers in his time. Good keeper.. Yes.. But to compare to his dad.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Zaha - say no more

Ripped Rafel a new ******** earlier on in the season against Manure.
    Thus showing how he can cut it in the prem. Needs to sort his discipline out mind.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Ricardo Vaz Te!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Jermaine Beckford from Leicester
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idle)
    Really hasn't done anything that indicates he will become one of the worlds best keepers in his time. Good keeper.. Yes.. But to compare to his dad.
    I disagree - If it weren't for him we'd be well down the league, safe from relegation at this point but having spent most of the season right down there. He's saved us points and matches all on his own this season, even if he has been off the boil slightly since the Chelsea match.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Possibly Adam Le Fondre. He scores goals at whatever level, so it seems. Now banging them in at Reading. Did once play for my hometown club, Stockport County. My brother's friend is a very good friend of Le Fondre, growing up on the same street and area in Stockport.

Vaz Te?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 18, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.