Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Poll: How many Muslims sympathize with Abu Qatada?

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: How many Muslims sympathize with Qatada?
    Yes - I feel for him. He is only trying to help Islam..
    27.27%
    No - Hes a Islamic Supremacist..
    62.12%
    Unsure - He has his good & bad points..
    10.61%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    vote as you wish
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am not a Muslim but I do not sympathize with Abu Qatada!
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    How many (educated) Muslim users of the TSR want to stick their neck out and vote publicly on a forum where they know full well the kinds of attitudes they'll face if they vote "Yes"*? :rolleyes:

..my guess is not many, and even if all of those who did genuinely sympathise on here did, they'd still not be nearly representative of the wider body of Muslims in this country. Derp.

If you want far more accurate/representative information on what cross sections of Muslamic types think about certain issues concerning our security/right to life in the UK, try here
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    If Abu Qatada was a fictional character villain in a comedy, and the inventor was describing his new character as a comical religious fanatic with hooks for hands and only one working eye, the producers would probably tell them they were laying it on a bit thick.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by navarre)
    If Abu Qatada was a fictional character villain in a comedy, and the inventor was describing his new character as a comical religious fanatic with hooks for hands and only one working eye, the producers would probably tell them they were laying it on a bit thick.
    That's Abu Hamza mate.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wonder where his new house is, it's in london somewhere only a matter of time till someone spots him
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with Abu Qatada. Regardless of the wrong he may have done, he's still a Muslim brother which entitles him to have certain rights over me. I have allegiance to him and give him my full support - however this doesn't mean I approve of any wrong he (may) have done.

So I wish nothing ill of him, I much prefer he was taken to a shariah court (for whatever it even is he's being charged for), rather than one of oppressors where bias and an unfair trial is imminent. Just look at long he was kept imprisoned without having any charges against him (since 05'); seems like someone got desperate.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perseveranze)
    There's nothing wrong with Abu Qatada. Regardless of the wrong he may have done, he's still a Muslim brother which entitles him to have certain rights over me. I have allegiance to him and give him my full support - however this doesn't mean I approve of any wrong he (may) have done.

So I wish nothing ill of him, I much prefer he was taken to a shariah court (for whatever it even is he's being charged for), rather than one of oppressors where bias and an unfair trial is imminent. Just look at long he was kept imprisoned without having any charges against him (since 05'); seems like someone got desperate.
    Your views are far too extreme. We have to eliminate individuals like Abu Qatada and Abu Hamza from the scene. They're like a cancer to Islam. I would say that it's completely halal to execute them.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarface-Don)
    Your views are far too extreme. We have to eliminate individuals like Abu Qatada and Abu Hamza from the scene. They're like a cancer to Islam. I would say that it's completely halal to execute them.
    Halal to execute? You don't even know Abu Qatada, probably have never met him. Would you be saying the same thing if that was someone of your own family in his position? Being imprisoned for 7 years with no charges whatsoever and then extradited?
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how many non muslims will select 'yes'.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    How many (educated) Muslim users of the TSR want to stick their neck out and vote publicly on a forum where they know full well the kinds of attitudes they'll face if they vote "Yes"*? :rolleyes:

..my guess is not many, and even if all of those who did genuinely sympathise on here did, they'd still not be nearly representative of the wider body of Muslims in this country. Derp.

If you want far more accurate/representative information on what cross sections of Muslamic types think about certain issues concerning our security/right to life in the UK, try here
    Ran out of rep, but :congrats:

'Religion of peace, they said'
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Halal to execute? You don't even know Abu Qatada, probably have never met him. Would you be saying the same thing if that was someone of your own family in his position? Being imprisoned for 7 years with no charges whatsoever and then extradited?
    It's a shame, but you must know that that is not how we would like, ideally, to do business. Islamic terrorists and the actions of people like Abu have rather forced the hand of our security services..

As 'oppressors' - if y'all feel oppressed here why come in the first place? ..and why remain? You know where the exit is, I'm sure there are plenty of Islamic countries that would have you

(Original post by najinaji)
    Ran out of rep, but :congrats:

'Religion of peace, they said'
    I dunno enough about the religion to comment categorically, although I know it's highly slanted in certain verses towards jihad/bloody punishment of certain 'crimes'/unfavourable treatment of the kafir
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame, but you must know that that is not how we would like, ideally, to do business. Islamic terrorists and the actions of people like Abu have rather forced the hand of our security services..
    A terrorist now ? What do you call the US/UK troops in Afghan/Iraq I wonder.

As 'oppressors' - if y'all feel oppressed here why come in the first place? ..and why remain? You know where the exit is, I'm sure there are plenty of Islamic countries that would have you
    And nah, we're good making a living and taking jobs here And last time I checked, we were invited to help the economy, which is funny considering how you messed up most of our countries with your colonial slavery, it was the least of your worries.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    A terrorist now ? What do you call the US/UK troops in Afghan/Iraq I wonder.

Peacekeepers and liberators.

Seriously. This view is shared by many Arab and Muslim secularists.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can guarantee you most people who voted weren't Muslim.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    A terrorist now ? What do you call the US/UK troops in Afghan/Iraq I wonder
    If you read it again you'll see I wasn't suggesting the dude was a tezzo :rolleyes:

And nah, we're good making a living and taking jobs here
    You're good, yet you're oppressed? I think that kind of language is an insult to those of your brothers who are genuinely oppressed in the world right now e.g. in Syria

we were invited to help the economy
    Invited by whom?

which is funny considering how you messed up most of our countries with your colonial slavery, it was the least of your worries.
    Think maybe someone needs a lesson in Economic History and current affairs

Granted we left some territories in states of relative disarray but that wasn't helped by either the precipitousness of our exit (often forced by the people) nor mismanagement since independence

Furthermore, an Arab, or someone who identifies with Middle Eastern peoples, is on shaky ground talking about slavery..
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    If someone in my family preached others to conduct acts which are major sins in Islam then let them be executed. Even though it will be a loss for myself and my family, it will be a massive gain for the huge majority of the ummah who do things according to the Quran and really know the meaning of Islam.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    perseveranze sounds like an extremist.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:

erm, those statistics are actually quite worrying... Just to let you know, don't think you realised if you're advitising the statistics.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRM, what even.
    "There's nothing wrong with Abu Qatada". WTH!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!?????
    You're joking, right? I think you're joking.

And okay, you still support him. Say he goes out and murders fifty women. Would you still support him then?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 19, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.