Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Poll: How many Muslims sympathize with Abu Qatada?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
  • View Poll Results: How many Muslims sympathize with Qatada?
    Yes - I feel for him. He is only trying to help Islam..
    27.27%
    No - Hes a Islamic Supremacist..
    62.12%
    Unsure - He has his good & bad points..
    10.61%

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cgraham15)
    If you have allegiance to Abu Qatada then I have nothing else to say to you. Maybe TSR should notify the security services about you, because anyone who has allegiance to someone accused of influencing terrorism is an obvious security risk.
    He never said he supported him, but he said its his DUTY as a Muslim not to slander and speak about ill about him..
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxiKillxXx)
    He never said he supported him, but he said its his DUTY as a Muslim not to slander and speak about ill about him..
    Actually that's exactly what Perseverance said in his first post in this thread;
    I have allegiance to him and give him my full support - however this doesn't mean I approve of any wrong he (may) have done.
    Unless you were talking about the guy in the video, in which case apologies for the misunderstanding.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Actually that's exactly what Perseverance said in his first post in this thread;

Unless you were talking about the guy in the video, in which case apologies for the misunderstanding.
    I was talking about the video, but Perseverance has also said he does not support any wrong he does..
    • 96 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danen)
    dont expect a fair representation here die to taqiyah.
    Sorry, didn't realise that you were a psychic. Also, Muslims could click on yes if they want. The poll is completely anonymous. It's also possible for the likes of yourself to skew the outcome of the poll, because it is completely anonymous
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    He's a fifth columnist. He should probably be deported. Many young muslims should in fact just be deported. Putting them under surveillance makes them hate us more so there's only one way to remove these subversive elements from society. If you aren't
    willing to receive your civic rights and obligations and operate in a western pluralistic society then you shouldn't be there.
    i totally agree with this, and if they dont like us what the hell are these extremists doing here in the first place.
    • 96 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    He's a fifth columnist. He should probably be deported. Many young muslims should in fact just be deported.
    Wait you want to deport young Muslims just because of their faith? The UN/EU and the Home Office won't particularly like that. Then there's the case of British born Muslims. Where do you send them? What if the host country refuses to accept people back, because after all no crimes were committed in either country; apart from the fact that they are Muslim

Completely unenforceable policy and a feature of a fascist state
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    I'm talking more about the history of CIA/MI6 backed coups toppling sometimes democratically elected governments and when succeeding installing ruthless puppet US/UK backed dictatorships to secure cheap oil exports, and generally a history of blocking democratic reform and installing corrupt dictatorships and then selling them weapons to oppress their own peoples. That's a bit more than just "influencing" them
    Regretable, but largely consigned to the anals of history, again.. it's not unique to Muslim countries/confined to US/UK medalling, and again it's up to leaders in those countries to exercise leadership.. every time one of your people attacks us they score an own goal, better to go after the people responsible in your own lands, and ideally (and I recognise that this is not an ideal world and Middle Eastern politics are often settled with the sword) through peaceable/democratic means
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    There's cultural supremacy on both sides. Maybe I'm a bit nihilistic but who's to say the Islamic way of doing things isn't better? I'm sure it is for them. Not for me personally, but neither is the Western way.

The problem with Islam is that it has been restricted, strangled, persecuted against, and quite frankly if I was a muslim it would not be hard to radicalise me. Every day there is something in the papers about how bad they are, each day a story about how many people the West have murdered in their imperialist foreign wars.

It is not surprising that most Muslims are forced to the political sidelines, especially young ones who no doubt face persecution in schools and bullying all the way up.

It is worrying how polarised our society has become. I think the next few years are going to be socially very rocky.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Taqiyya is a shia concept, not mainstream Muslim..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perseveranze)
    A terrorist now ? What do you call the US/UK troops in Afghan/Iraq I wonder.

And nah, we're good making a living and taking jobs here And last time I checked, we were invited to help the economy, which is funny considering how you messed up most of our countries with your colonial slavery, it was the least of your worries.
    before you make emotionally immature comments get your facts right. Islamic countries are poor because they are run by lazy, immoral people with the will for nothing.

dont make up conspiracy theories clamiing slavery makes 1 billion Muslims unproductive citizens. Muslims were never slaves, they enslaved the whole of Southern Europe bar Greece, then Africa & Eastern Europe, exc. I don't see the Meditarenean lands as third world hell holes by your Muslims Invasions for over a century. They were even in Eastern Europe for 500 years alone enslaving the population and forcibly converting the slaves to Islam. (notice thats not in your school text books) Muslims are in Sudan now slaughtering Chrisitans in Darfur.

Your a terrorist with a chip of inferiority on your shoulder like 90% of most Muslims. simple.

P.S - Multicultrualism isn't about economics. Muslims have drained and put strain on the societys they leech off and done nothing else but that. They costs Denmarks econmy Millions every year alone. they just leach and complain.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    Wait you want to deport young Muslims just because of their faith? The UN/EU and the Home Office won't particularly like that. Then there's the case of British born Muslims. Where do you send them? What if the host country refuses to accept people back, because after all no crimes were committed in either country; apart from the fact that they are Muslim

Completely unenforceable policy and a feature of a fascist state
    words like fascist mean nothing. We didn't ask for multiculturalism at all.

turning the country back to the way it was before is nothing but right.
    it was forced on the people against them.
    thats what you call extreme and fascist.

Multiculturalism is just that. An agressive agenda to transform every nation racially against the will of the citizens.

Ending multiculturalism would be nothing but fair and right. it wasn't fair to begin with, but will be fair if we end it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    lol. it's like talking to a brick wall.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Claymatser)
    Your a terrorist with a chip of inferiority on your shoulder like 90% of most Muslims. simple.
    Actually it has been demonstated in numerous Gallup polls that non-Muslim Americans are more likely to endorse "terrorism" than Muslims in many countries, and terrorism isn't widely supported across the Muslim world. The killing of non-civilian life, for whatever purpose, brings strong condemnation amongst Muslims and this includes the September 11th attacks (Esposito and Mogahed, 2007).

But don't let facts get in the way of your rant.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Almost 30% of all votes in favour of this lunatic? Really? REALLY? What a sad state of affairs.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)
    Actually it has been demonstated in numerous Gallup polls that Americans are more likely to endorse "terrorism" than Muslims are. The killing of non-civilian life, for whatever reason, brings strong condemnation amongst Muslims (Esposito and Mogahed, 2007).

But don't let facts get in the way of your rant.
    LOL Americans are terrorists.

maybe you should look at the terror attacks taking place and not the polls.

you sound like you;ve swallowed the internet.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    lol. it's like talking to a brick wall.
    How?
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    LOL Americans are terrorists.
    I didn't say Americans are terrorists. That would be as bad as suggesting most Muslims are. Learn to read.

But, yes, Americans have commited acts of terror recently (and continue to do so) as have most other nationalities.

maybe you should look at the terror attacks taking place and not the polls.
    I have and the majority of "terror" attacks do not take place in Muslim countries and are not carried out by Muslims. Even suicide bombings, which is said to be a peculiar "Islamic" method of terrorism, is widely associated with the Tamil Tigers and other groups - ie. not always Muslims.

Religious terrorism predates Islam and was found at least as early as the Roman Empire (Jews in Judea poisoining the water supply in an effort to liberate themselves from Roman occupation).

Anders Brevik, high school shootings (particularly in the US), the IRA, ETA...are these Muslims groups? What about the bombings that took place at the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta, GA? That originate from American Christian White supremacists. Even terorism that Muslims do commit is often from secular groups.

you sound like you;ve swallowed the internet.
    No, I've just read many books and know many Muslims. I'm not ignorant enough to generalise a religion of billion followers, or sad enough to troll the Internet.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)
    I didn't say Americans are terrorists. That would be as bad as suggesting most Muslims are. Learn to read.

But, yes, Americans have commited acts of terror recently (and continue to do so) as have most other nationalities.

I have and the majority of "terror" attacks do not take place in Muslim countries and are not carried out by Muslims. Even suicide bombings, which is said to be a peculiar "Islamic" method of terrorism, is widely associated with the Tamil Tigers and other groups - ie. not always Muslims.

Religious terrorism predates Islam and was found at least as early as the Roman Empire (Jews in Judea poisoining the water supply in an effort to liberate themselves from Roman occupation).

Anders Brevik, high school shootings (particularly in the US), the IRA, ETA...are these Muslims groups? What about the bombings that took place at the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta, GA? That originate from American Christian White supremacists. Even terorism that Muslims do commit is often from secular groups.

No, I've just read many books and know many Muslims. I'm not ignorant enough to generalise a religion of billion followers, or sad enough to troll the Internet.
    since 9/11 there have been over 15,000 terrorists attacks. All be it with no outrage.

In fact, more Muslims were outraged at the death of Bin Laden then 9/11.

Muslims were marching throughout the world. what does that tell us?

I saw no outrage after 9/11. No will you ever see any outrage as morals aren't the matter here. They only have a problem if a muslim is killed. Thats a dangerous ideology in itself when nobody can speak of Islam without being called racist.

Anders Breveik was a rare occurance. You fail.

ETA is a about independance for the basque region.

Plus i don't know any other religion which uses Jihad. thats another form of extremism. There is a Jihad war in Darfur, Sudan right now. Over 2 million people have been killed. Any outrage over this? nope,

atleast it ruffled George Clooneys feathers.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    well, look closely...

(Original post by Perseveranze)
    There's nothing wrong with Abu Qatada. I have allegiance to him and give him my full support - however this doesn't mean I approve of any wrong he (may) have done.

Did you see it? You might have to look hard, but allegiance is in there.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How?
    because i never see any muslims admitting they may just be at fault in a given circumstance. just their you couildn't admit that guy supported/sympathized with a terrorist who believes killing people is fine..

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 19, 2012
New on TSR

Join the Welcome Squad

Become a part of the TSR team!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.