Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Linkin Park - Burn It Down *New Single*

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Personally I'm disappointed but not really suprised. Despite what the band said about how the new album will be more like MtM the song could easily have come off ATS and I expect the majority of songs on the new album will sound similar to this one.

I have no problem with Linkin Park changing sound but instead of moving toward hard rock / metal, they decided to make some electro pop rock rubbish.

Anyway, what do other people think of the song?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ever since the disappointment of Minutes to Midnight I haven't expected anything from LP, so this neither surprises or disappoints me haha. I suppose it's a shame that they decided to go in this direction, but at the end of the day, they are their own band, not ours, so they can do what they want with themselves.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I managed to get myself out the close minded 'Hybrid Theory and Meteora are the best things evvvaaa, not going to listen to any new stuff blah blah blah' mindset and I started to like some of there new stuff.
    I can't seem to get into this one though but as with all the new stuff I like, it takes me a long time to like it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I agree completely. This is as bad if not worse then ATS material. Yes they definately said that they would return to MTM and HT but this goes against what they said!
    It's quite listenable to though.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's meh. No other way to describe it really! I've had it on replay for a while and been trying to get into it but I dunno.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't very imaginative.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^^ agreed with jayne, metero and hyrid was like decade ago, their album minutes to midnight and the thousand suns were also really good and their new song is just awesome.

The Catalyst is their best ever
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obfuscator)
    Ever since the disappointment of Minutes to Midnight I haven't expected anything from LP, so this neither surprises or disappoints me haha. I suppose it's a shame that they decided to go in this direction, but at the end of the day, they are their own band, not ours, so they can do what they want with themselves.
    I'm completely on par with this. After the Linkin Park came back Minutes to Midnight, (and their subsequent offerings), I knew the LP of old was no more. Since then, I too have learned not to expect anything from them.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soilwork)

Personally I'm disappointed but not really suprised. Despite what the band said about how the new album will be more like MtM the song could easily have come off ATS and I expect the majority of songs on the new album will sound similar to this one.

I have no problem with Linkin Park changing sound but instead of moving toward hard rock / metal, they decided to make some electro pop rock rubbish.

Anyway, what do other people think of the song?
    WTF is this ****?

SMH, I understand bands evolve and change, yeah I get that, but I don't understand why they're making this trashy ****?

Hybrid > Meteora >>>>>>> MTM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anything after that

I'm not even a mad hipster fan who wants them to constantly make Hybrid/Meteora sounds but this is silly. MTM wasn't great but I could allow, and recognise it was still them, but their last album and by the sounds of this. I'd rather just not listen and remember them for their real stuff.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I didn't actually mind the ATS album as much as a lot of people; but I'm not exactly keen on the new song. It may grow on me... :dontknow:
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like MTM and really REALLY like ATS. This is perhaps a bit more poppy than the ATS singles but I'm still digging the direction they're going in. I'll probably get the album if I hear another decent song or two.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    tbh I like them it's better for a band to change it up rather than stick to their roots. I like the song too but that might just be because I like every type of genre ... but LP are still my favourites, the only fault I would give ATS would be that it doesn't have that many lyrics and needs to speed up a bit more
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE this song. Listened many many times. About the style.... "everybody wants the next thing to be just like the first".
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Their new album can't be any worse than ATS.

Must say I was disappointed at the lack of Mike Shinoda in this song :L

The best thing they've done recently was their cover of 'Rolling In The Deep' - the band still have talent and potential, but are not using it the best way they can with this material!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Linkin Park need to stop following this mainstream culture! I don't like ATS or this new single. ATS was never an "album" it only contained famous speeches. The majority of people agree their new stuff is pretty bogus so why don't they listen to us? People have to stop pretending they like their new material to seem loyal to the band
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cammy150)
    Linkin Park need to stop following this mainstream culture! I don't like ATS or this new single. ATS was never an "album" it only contained famous speeches. The majority of people agree their new stuff is pretty bogus so why don't they listen to us? People have to stop pretending they like their new material to seem loyal to the band
    It's a concept album. Consider it as a concept (in my interpretation, nuclear warfare) put into musical form, about 40 minutes long. Don't think of it as 15 songs (or rather ~10 songs and 5 interludes)

And IIRC there's only two speeches - Robert Oppenheimer and Martin Luther King Jr, though I suspect some of the lyrics are taken from other speeches. The former is probably the most important part of the album - it actually tells you what the album is about!

It's one of my favourite pieces of music in a long time, for sure.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 2, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.