Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ashley Young decided to become an actor!!

Announcements Posted on
The Football forum needs another moderator! 19-04-2014
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ashley+Young+the+Movies.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	142283
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ridiculous dive. Ferguson got about as close as he ever will to admitting it wasn't a penalty (by saying it was definitely a penalty :rolleyes:):

(Original post by Sir Alex Ferguson)
    It was a dramatic fall. He overdid the fall but it’s a penalty, there’s no doubt about that and I don’t think they can have any complaint because he has taken him.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Kakakak! It's all well and good when a continental player like Ronaldo behaves like that but the lad is British, and a quality player.. does himself, and his country a disservice :rolleyes:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    yeah my respect for Ashley young is nearly (but not quite) as low as it's for Luis Suarez
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Meh. 1/10. Saw better pisstakes an hour after it happened.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Klinsmann is making a fortune in his acting classes these days. Drogba, Ronaldo, Young... the list goes on and on.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think the real shame is how the media deals with diving and the apparent xenophobic mindsets of current pundits. How many times have we heard about "foreign players" diving and how they "come and ruin the sport". They berated C.Ronaldo and the way the treated Eduardo in hindsight is quite disgusting. Yet here we are and the player who's been booked the most for "simulation" is Bale and Young dives twice in two matches to win a penalty; I don't hear much uproar.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Meh. 1/10. Saw better pisstakes an hour after it happened.
    Get that cock out off your ass and show us some better ones then.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    ; I don't hear much uproar.
    You mean apart from all the media reports about it? ..
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    You mean apart from all the media reports about it? ..
    Is it the major story, or are we being forced to listen about the goal that never was and loads of other non-stories? I'm in no way attacking Young but it is clear that people are making excuses for him. No way near the total attack against Eduardo where he was called a "cheat", "embarrassment to the game" and many other despicable things in hindsight.

All I'm getting at is that there is a clear way "simulation" is dealt with in this country, if it is Bale diving then "it was not needed but he was protecting himself from dangerous tackles" and if it is Young then "he went down to easily but a touch is a touch" to how we treat "foreigners" with headlines such as "Eduardo IS a cheat" and calling for retrospective punishment after a whole week of bashing him on every radio station available.

What are the chances that this will be forgotten in a few days time? On the other hand, some players have to deal with a "cheat" tag for the rest of their careers in England.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PatrickD)
    Ridiculous dive. Ferguson got about as close as he ever will to admitting it wasn't a penalty (by saying it was definitely a penalty :rolleyes:):
    It was a penalty but also a dive. The two can co-exist.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    I think the real shame is how the media deals with diving and the apparent xenophobic mindsets of current pundits. How many times have we heard about "foreign players" diving and how they "come and ruin the sport". They berated C.Ronaldo and the way the treated Eduardo in hindsight is quite disgusting. Yet here we are and the player who's been booked the most for "simulation" is Bale and Young dives twice in two matches to win a penalty; I don't hear much uproar.
    There has been huge uproar, I don't know how you've missed it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    United were going to win no matter what so doesn't make a difference. Far superior team compared to aston villa who lets face it, are ridiculously bad under alex alex mcleish.

So what if young dived? Every team has divers. Captain Fantastic stevie g milks any opportunity to get a pen, suarez does also. Drogba does the exact same for chelsea as does Gareth Bale for spurs. Can't think of any for city or arsenal atm but you get the picture. Same applies to other teams in the division.

My last point won't go down well. But It in my opinion those players that do dive are very clever. They're doing whatever it takes to win. I know this will get a negative rating but I'm right so fk it lol
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walterwhite123)
    Nooo. The contact that was made is irrelevant if it was Young that made it! Clark had all but pulled out before Young dragged his right foot unnaturally across to Clark's foot. It was a dive.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walterwhite123)
    They can. But in this case it was just a pathetic dive.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    Nooo. The contact that was made is irrelevant if it was Young that made it! Clark had all but pulled out before Young dragged his right foot unnaturally across to Clark's foot. It was a dive.
    To me he was definitely caught. Whether it was enough to make him pirouette through the air I don't know. That's why retrospective bans won't work.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    He stamped on youngs foot, making enough contact that if Young went down normally it would have been an easy penalty. Albeit he would have gone down fairly easy, but you see that kind of thing all the time as going down like that wouldnt be anything special, especially if he didnt go all broadway on the fall.

What you dont see often (thus i mean its not as acceptable) is the second part of the contact, where Young drags his leg as to purposely catch it on the outstretched leg. This is terrible, should be a yellow as its theatrical and such, but that doesnt stop the initial contact being a penalty.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mark147celts)
    So what if young dived? Every team has divers. Captain Fantastic stevie g milks any opportunity to get a pen, suarez does also. Drogba does the exact same for chelsea as does Gareth Bale for spurs. Can't think of any for city or arsenal atm but you get the picture. Same applies to other teams in the division.

My last point won't go down well. But It in my opinion those players that do dive are very clever. They're doing whatever it takes to win. I know this will get a negative rating but I'm right so fk it lol
    Messi dived against Real Sociedad when the score was 2-2 and has feigned injury against Chelsea to get del Horno sent off and got nowhere the stick Drogba got for trying to get a Napoli player sent off, or even Sergeant Biscuits for his play acting against Inter even.

Can't think of any current players for Arsenal but Pires had the reputation for it and managed to rescue a point from Fratton Park, otherwise their unbeaten run then would never have made 49 matches or whatever it was, with controversy of a dive from Rooney.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Messi dived against Real Sociedad when the score was 2-2 and has feigned injury against Chelsea to get del Horno sent off and got nowhere the stick Drogba got for trying to get a Napoli player sent off, or even Sergeant Biscuits for his play acting against Inter even.

Can't think of any current players for Arsenal but Pires had the reputation for it and managed to rescue a point from Fratton Park, otherwise their unbeaten run then would never have made 49 matches or whatever it was, with controversy of a dive from Rooney.
    Pires, what a guy lol. The man was a genius!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    feigned injury against Chelsea to get del Horno sent off .
    You mean when Del Horno, in a rare moment of match fitness, lunged into Messi with studs up and attempted to break his leg around the knee joint and end his season, then followed it up with another attempt minutes later which forced Messi to jump out of the way to avoid getting crutches? :holmes:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 19, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.