Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which store can i get good quality but cheap ear phones from?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I specifically want the plain apple ipod ones without the mic.
    Anyone know where i can get those or similar ones?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I'm happy with the ones from Maplin Electronics for like £7 a pair. But they sell apple ones (and similar to) there also. :-)
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenArrow)
    I specifically want the plain apple ipod ones without the mic.
    Anyone know where i can get those or similar ones?
    If you're only after crappy earbuds, you can pick up a pair that are just as bad as Apple's from your local supermarket or HMV for like a fiver. There's very little separating such low end earphones, so just buy the ones you like the look of.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tesco's have jolly good ones. Sony earphones are currently half price in my local store - so their around £10 at the moment.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MovieMoments)
    Honestly, I'm happy with the ones from Maplin Electronics for like £7 a pair. But they sell apple ones (and similar to) there also. :-)

Thanks Will have a look at them and keep an eye out for the apple ones.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    If you're only after crappy earbuds, you can pick up a pair that are just as bad as Apple's from your local supermarket or HMV for like a fiver. There's very little separating such low end earphones, so just buy the ones you like the look of.
    Honestly i prefer those kind of ear buds compared to the ones that look like:

What can i say... i love my apple earphones
    I don't like it when i'm blasting music in high volume and everyone around me can hear but also the reason i don't like those^^ ear buds is because i don't want to completely mask the world out. If someones shouting/calling me i'd like to be able to hear them.

I've never tried the gumy earphones from hmv- or any from there..so any input would be great
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Physical stores generally don't actually sell good quality earphones, or if they do they're several times more expensive than buying them online. Although if you think Apple earbuds are good quality, it doesn't really matter what you buy

Best bet if you genuinely want good earphones is Amazon or Play.com, Sennheiser/Koss/SoundMagic tend to have cheap-but-good models. Sennheiser CX300s can be pretty cheap (about £15) and are good for the price.
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenArrow)
    Honestly i prefer those kind of ear buds compared to the ones that look like:

What can i say... i love my apple earphones
    I don't like it when i'm blasting music in high volume and everyone around me can hear but also the reason i don't like those^^ ear buds is because i don't want to completely mask the world out. If someones shouting/calling me i'd like to be able to hear them.

I've never tried the gumy earphones from hmv- or any from there..so any input would be great
    Like I said in my previous post, quality is going to be pretty low regardless of which pair you buy. Cheap headphones aren't really good quality and this is made worse by the fact that they don't get a decent seal. I'd order these from Amazon personally if you want to try and get the best out of a set of earbuds, Sennheiser are always a good shout.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Like I said in my previous post, quality is going to be pretty low regardless of which pair you buy. Cheap headphones aren't really good quality and this is made worse by the fact that they don't get a decent seal. I'd order these from Amazon personally if you want to try and get the best out of a set of earbuds, Sennheiser are always a good shout.
    Thanks, will look in to them too

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 16, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sound and vision threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.