The Student Room Group

Sociology Unit 4 - Crime - 19th June 2012 - Notes - Disscussion and more

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hello! I remember you from January, haha! :tongue:

I have an hour a week on Research Methods. It's fairly similar to the AS Research Methods but there's a couple more things that you should be aware of. Feminist Methodology is one thing, because it could be called upon during a 33 marker on Feminism too. Feminist Methodology is basically an unstructured interview because it allows the female to build a rapport with another female interviewer. Therefore, they're more likely to get more valid results. Another thing is relativism which I haven't looked at much yet, but I've got a hand-out to read on it! :tongue: There's a couple of other things too that I can't remember off the top of my head.

I think Research Methods is pretty good because if you're looking at it in the context of crime, there's not many things they can ask you about. For example, it's highly unlikely they'll ask you to discuss experiments in the context of crime. They're much more likely to ask about something like interviews or observations. A couple of us at my school are expecting the question to be Official Statistics in the context of crime - there hasn't been a question on Official Statistics yet and it's the perfect question to ask (you can say so much about how Official Crime Statistics are invalid)!!!

I do think we'd be able to do the Methods in Context question now and get some good marks. Just think if they ask a question on Official Statistics. Without even seeing the Item, we can say positivists like them, interpretivists don't. They lack elaboration, but they're good to look at trends over time. They're cheap for Sociologists but expensive for those who conduct them. They're usually representative but they're still invalid because not all crime is reported... police have priorities... etc.

Good luck! :smile:

Heeey! Yeah I remember you too! How did you do in the religion paper?!
Thanks for the like pre-warning! I think it should be straight forward just not got into learning about it as of yet so grateful for what you said! And yeah I would love a question on crime stats or ethnicity/gender in crime- would perfect! Good Luck to you too,hope the revision goes well :smile: x
Reply 21
Original post by RMW1994
Thanks for the like pre-warning! I think it should be straight forward just not got into learning about it as of yet so grateful for what you said! And yeah I would love a question on crime stats or ethnicity/gender in crime- would perfect! Good Luck to you too,hope the revision goes well :smile: x

Wooo! I did pretty good - 79/80 UMS marks! Combined with my 118/120 UMS marks for the Education paper I only need just over half the UMS on Crime for an A, yay! :smile: How about you?

I hope the revision goes well for you too! I've never been so scared for anything in my life! :tongue:
Reply 22
Original post by StitchMad
Wooo! I did pretty good - 79/80 UMS marks! Combined with my 118/120 UMS marks for the Education paper I only need just over half the UMS on Crime for an A, yay! :smile: How about you?

I hope the revision goes well for you too! I've never been so scared for anything in my life! :tongue:

79/80?! Thats really goood! I got 63/80- was one ums mark off an A so frustrating but in my education I got 120/120 :biggrin: which puts me in the same situation as you and i only need half to get an A overall :smile: But I dont wanna get too relaxed cause knowing my luck it all go wrong! Dont be scared you'll be fine! Prob be swapping last minute notes the day before the exam x
Reply 23
Original post by RMW1994
79/80?! Thats really goood! I got 63/80- was one ums mark off an A so frustrating but in my education I got 120/120 :biggrin: which puts me in the same situation as you and i only need half to get an A overall :smile: But I dont wanna get too relaxed cause knowing my luck it all go wrong! Dont be scared you'll be fine! Prob be swapping last minute notes the day before the exam x

Well done! That's such good news! It'll be alright when the time comes! :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by helpmekid
Though i create another thread for
Sociology Unit 4 - Crime - 19th June 2012 - Notes - Disscussion and more.

So here are some notes for Unit 4 which i have gathered

The DOC : SCLY4 is from Noodelz from this site

If you know what will come up or have any questions post here

What Might come up
-
-
-
-
What might Not come up
- Labeling Theory - Why? Came up in Jan 2012
- Golbalisation - Why Came up in Jan 2012
-
-
-

Good Luck and All the best :smile:!

Btw, If anyone has the June 11 Paper or knows the Questions Feel free to post

Feel free to + Rep if i helped or Post here

I love u man!!! - :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
Reply 25
Original post by RMW1994

I Remember you Dont know if you remeber me - But Thank You both of you helped alot!:smile:

Well done! That's such good news! It'll be alright when the time comes! :smile:

I Remember you Dont know if you remeber me - But Thanks for your help:smile: Your Sample strucutre was very helpful and your summary notes :smile: Whenever your free please Put another Summary structure whenever your free:smile:

Original post by husn
I love u man!!! - :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

No Problem :smile: Glad I Could help :smile: Leave a rep if i helped:smile:
Reply 26
Original post by helpmekid
I Remember you Dont know if you remeber me - But Thanks for your help:smile: Your Sample strucutre was very helpful and your summary notes :smile: Whenever your free please Put another Summary structure whenever your free:smile:

Of course I remember you! Thanks! :biggrin:
Of course I remember you! Thanks! :biggrin:

Thanks for the help mate. It really put things into greater understanding. And cleared my brain a lil :redface:
I've figured that with each theory you need to do this...

1. Be abe to outline this theory<-criticise
2. Use supporting theories/research<-critise
3. 3. Rejecting theory<-criticise

am i right in saying this? if not, what do i add.
Also,you meantioned i need to use 3 theories, but is that for the 21mark q,or the 33mark?
how many theoriesw do i use for 33mark/21 mark/15mark. etc.
Reply 28
mannn this unit is so long! dono how to remember everything! need to get an A on this unit!!
Original post by Blaze008
mannn this unit is so long! dono how to remember everything! need to get an A on this unit!!

get like every toopic..and summarize it in to one page innit.
Reply 30
Original post by y.yousef
get like every toopic..and summarize it in to one page innit.

thats wat im tryna do bro. but i have like 6 exams in may/june.
ima mind map each topic. have u done this unit before? i feel its the hardest man. 33marker is a killer! its too long and so much to remember!
thats wat im tryna do bro. but i have like 6 exams in may/june.
ima mind map each topic. have u done this unit before? i feel its the hardest man. 33marker is a killer! its too long and so much to remember!

yeah bad ass, same here got like 5.Can't handle it man..usually only have 2/3....i've made like bare time tables, but never stick to it! :mad:

yeah i dun it b4, but like i failed innit. cos i were poorly. so i fot i'll resit instead of forcing ma self to write sumfin.

with the 33 mark...all u g2 to do is rmemebr the sociologyical theories init...if you remmebr that..just put it into practice...

the last exam..had 'new right+functionalism'...which hardly talked in the book.
bare cheeky question.
Reply 32
yeah bad ass, same here got like 5.Can't handle it man..usually only have 2/3....i've made like bare time tables, but never stick to it! :mad:

yeah i dun it b4, but like i failed innit. cos i were poorly. so i fot i'll resit instead of forcing ma self to write sumfin.

with the 33 mark...all u g2 to do is rmemebr the sociologyical theories init...if you remmebr that..just put it into practice...

the last exam..had 'new right+functionalism'...which hardly talked in the book.
bare cheeky question.

yhh true. most marks come from evaluation init. i gotta get 112/120 in this unit fam! bare ppl failed in my yr. manz gotta step up otherwise il get into some ****t uni
yhh true. most marks come from evaluation init. i gotta get 112/120 in this unit fam! bare ppl failed in my yr. manz gotta step up otherwise il get into some ****t uni

not really man, u shudnt fink dat...'some' marks come from evaluation..u need the whole thing...
u need theory....suppoorting theory..rejecting theory....and just like elaboriate on each point properly....]
same man,...every1 got U in my year..and i was the only one who Got B :lolwut:

i'm going to sht uni anyways...wat uni u planning to go to.

loool its kl fam. u can get essays for some topics on coursework.info
i downloaded essays for every topic and gave them to my teacher to mark. all the essays which got the highest grade, i crammed!
yhh the napier press book is proper. jus do all the essays after each topic! and also do some past paper questions ! u from algeria fam? lol

Yeah,but heard you goto pay for that...
rather do it ma self tbh,so i can learn init...

Me from algeria?! :lolwut: where the hell did you get that from man. :confused:
Manz is born and bred in england :lol:

but how can i use past papers efficiently..cos like...the questions there..but the mark scheme is a piece of sht...it dunt tell u properly what you neeedd to write and that?..so tell me?
Reply 34
Original post by RMW1994

hollllllyy chicken!! 120/120! ur a genius in the making! mannnn why wasn i born clever! haha i need 112/120 for an A. if u guys were in my college ud be top of the yr! haha id be 3rd :cool:
Please could someone reassure me that they also haven't started revising yet? :smile:
Original post by TanyaZoexx
Please could someone reassure me that they also haven't started revising yet? :smile:

We haven't revised! :awesome:
Reply 37
not really man, u shudnt fink dat...'some' marks come from evaluation..u need the whole thing...
u need theory....suppoorting theory..rejecting theory....and just like elaboriate on each point properly....]
same man,...every1 got U in my year..and i was the only one who Got B :lolwut:

i'm going to sht uni anyways...wat uni u planning to go to.

Yeah,but heard you goto pay for that...
rather do it ma self tbh,so i can learn init...

Me from algeria?! :lolwut: where the hell did you get that from man. :confused:
Manz is born and bred in england :lol:

but how can i use past papers efficiently..cos like...the questions there..but the mark scheme is a piece of sht...it dunt tell u properly what you neeedd to write and that?..so tell me?

nahh u dont need to pay. u could get free access for 5 days after u submit like 5 or 3 essays. then after that everytime u need to get one u jus submit an essay.
looool! ain that an Algerian flag on ur profile pic? and yousef is an Algerian name fam! lol.
haha the mark scheme tells u exactly wat they want. if u dont get wat they are sayin jus try get a free essay online or do one urself and get ur teacher to mark it! but make sure u kinda have atleast one essay u can easily remember for each topic so u can do any question! and start with the 33marker so even if time runs out u bag the most marks
Reply 38
We haven't revised! :awesome:

loool im not gona start revising till 5th june! for all the other units i been doin an allnighter the day b4 the exam!
nahh u dont need to pay. u could get free access for 5 days after u submit like 5 or 3 essays. then after that everytime u need to get one u jus submit an essay.
looool! ain that an Algerian flag on ur profile pic? and yousef is an Algerian name fam! lol.
haha the mark scheme tells u exactly wat they want. if u dont get wat they are sayin jus try get a free essay online or do one urself and get ur teacher to mark it! but make sure u kinda have atleast one essay u can easily remember for each topic so u can do any question! and start with the 33marker so even if time runs out u bag the most marks

sickk...can u giv me the website again m8?

nah fam that is NOt the algerian flag, :stupid: it's iraqi flag init :tongue:
But i ain't iraqi :ninja: my identity is top secret....u know nuffin bout me...:shh:
but wats ur ethnicity?

yeah but thats the fing tho innit., how do you do an essays, wats the strcuture..tell me man...iu'm getting aclearer picture...but i need an exact idea in how to do it...otherwise i dont function, which out me structures.
like how many pages/paragraphs for 33mark...etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending