The Student Room Group

Sociology Unit 4 - Crime - 19th June 2012 - Notes - Disscussion and more

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blaze008
loool im not gona start revising till 5th june! for all the other units i been doin an allnighter the day b4 the exam!

5th june!?!! crazy mandelll, tell me the secret bro...cos i wnna do last second as well..but dunno how...u gonna do the same fing..wher u make essays quesions??

i cant do all nighters with exam revisions only coursework....i used to stay uptil 3am..forcourswork..in the last week..and try finishing it :/

last minute kinda girl i am.
Reply 41
Original post by y.yousef
sickk...can u giv me the website again m8?

nah fam that is NOt the algerian flag, :stupid: it's iraqi flag init :tongue:
But i ain't iraqi :ninja: my identity is top secret....u know nuffin bout me...:shh:
but wats ur ethnicity?

yeah but thats the fing tho innit., how do you do an essays, wats the strcuture..tell me man...iu'm getting aclearer picture...but i need an exact idea in how to do it...otherwise i dont function, which out me structures.
like how many pages/paragraphs for 33mark...etc.

looool aiiit so u iraqi! im Portuguese but iv been living in kenya for 17yrs. moved here 2yrs ago. do u have an email or fb? i cud send u some of my answers which got top marks.
structure ain hard. basically,
-introduction-define everything in the question, unpack the question and map out what ur gona be talking bout in the essay
then ul get a flow goin but make sure u conclude in the end
Reply 42
looool aiiit so u iraqi! im Portuguese but iv been living in kenya for 17yrs. moved here 2yrs ago. do u have an email or fb? i cud send u some of my answers which got top marks.
-introduction-define everything in the question, unpack the question and map out what ur gona be talking bout in the essay

coursework.info
its a sister site to this one

No i ain't iraqi man. :huff:
So you like a white person,living in kenya.....coooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllll

Yeah that'll be sick brother, i'll pm you my ****ty email. :biggrin:

aaahh right..that shud help a bit...i never new you hadto do tha tin the intro :s-smilie:

check this website out innit.
http://www.sociologyexchange.co.uk/
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 44
5th june!?!! crazy mandelll, tell me the secret bro...cos i wnna do last second as well..but dunno how...u gonna do the same fing..wher u make essays quesions??

i cant do all nighters with exam revisions only coursework....i used to stay uptil 3am..forcourswork..in the last week..and try finishing it :/

last minute kinda girl i am.

loool ur a girl? sorry i thought u were a man. 6glasses of coffee 6glasses of tea! ul be up all night!haha. ain that hard yo. jus have an top quality essay for every topic. then jus cram every answer! but make sure u have a general overview of everything.
loool ur a girl? sorry i thought u were a man. 6glasses of coffee 6glasses of tea! ul be up all night!haha. ain that hard yo. jus have an top quality essay for every topic. then jus cram every answer! but make sure u have a general overview of everything.

:eek4:
Your rude. How do i sound like a man :bawling: First things first, i talk alot, moan alot, acomplaim, nag nag nag.
I'm defo a girl trust me!
I told ya,keeping my identity top secret init. :ninja:

watt?!! no you don't need that...crazy person. i didnt hav all that....
tru tru.....how long u fink it'll take for me to do one essay...i reckon 3 days..no joke..i've never tried doing it this way..so i dont hav a certain sturcutre..wherreas psychology i do...
but i guess once i do have a definitite structure....my essays will get faster...
but will i be able to remmebrr everythign :s-smilie:...there unit3 AND 4....
plus teacher goes,that u dont need to learn just off one topic..when writing an answer..u csan get info from other topics into answer.
Reply 46
No i ain't iraqi man. :huff:
So you like a white person,living in kenya.....coooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllll

Yeah that'll be sick brother, i'll pm you my ****ty email. :biggrin:

aaahh right..that shud help a bit...i never new you hadto do tha tin the intro :s-smilie:

check this website out innit.
http://www.sociologyexchange.co.uk/

lmao i ain white. im brown.lolll im in london now. ait il email u some questions-answers!
Reply 47
Thanks for the help mate. It really put things into greater understanding. And cleared my brain a lil :redface:
I've figured that with each theory you need to do this...

1. Be abe to outline this theory<-criticise
2. Use supporting theories/research<-critise
3. 3. Rejecting theory<-criticise

am i right in saying this? if not, what do i add.
Also,you meantioned i need to use 3 theories, but is that for the 21mark q,or the 33mark?
how many theoriesw do i use for 33mark/21 mark/15mark. etc.

That's probably a good method to use yeah. You should pretty much evaluate EVERYTHING you write - whether you think it needs evaluation or not, you will most likely get marks for it. There's a lot more emphasis on AO2 at A2 Level so it's important to do! Be critical of the question too. If they ask you to look at validity or reliability, explain what it is... but also explain how they can be manipulated too.

I was talking about a 33 marker when I mentioned using 3 theories - that's the structure I've learnt. 15 markers should follow the PET structure (Practical, Ethical and Theoretical issues: advantages and disadvantages of each), ensuring you link them to crime and the item. For the 21 marker, I'm not too sure yet as there's lots of possible questions! :smile:

but how can i use past papers efficiently..cos like...the questions there..but the mark scheme is a piece of sht...it dunt tell u properly what you neeedd to write and that?..so tell me?

Haha, I went crazy with the past papers last year. I just kept reeling them off and constantly handed them into my Sociology teacher. She'd have it marked for the next lesson and I was able to discuss which parts I'd done well and where I needed to do better. It was helpful because I could then tailor the revision to suit the weaker areas.
Reply 48
Original post by helpmekid
I Remember you Dont know if you remeber me - But Thank You both of you helped alot!:smile:

Course I remember you! You were so helpful on the last thread! Crime and Deviance is the last paper thank god! Looked at loads of past papers today looks like its fairly straightforward but alot of writing gonna be necessary haha!x

hollllllyy chicken!! 120/120! ur a genius in the making! mannnn why wasn i born clever! haha i need 112/120 for an A. if u guys were in my college ud be top of the yr! haha id be 3rd :cool:

Haha holy chicken? Lol i have never heard that before in my life! I dont quite think I was born clever,its just im doing sociology at uni so i wanted to do well to get an A grade overall,was alot of revision and making up songs to remember stuff lol. Oh did you managed to work out you need 112/120 in Crime&Deviance to get an A overall? Thats reachable! Just revise!x
Reply 49
:eek4:
Your rude. How do i sound like a man :bawling: First things first, i talk alot, moan alot, acomplaim, nag nag nag.
I'm defo a girl trust me!
I told ya,keeping my identity top secret init. :ninja:

watt?!! no you don't need that...crazy person. i didnt hav all that....
tru tru.....how long u fink it'll take for me to do one essay...i reckon 3 days..no joke..i've never tried doing it this way..so i dont hav a certain sturcutre..wherreas psychology i do...
but i guess once i do have a definitite structure....my essays will get faster...
but will i be able to remmebrr everythign :s-smilie:...there unit3 AND 4....
plus teacher goes,that u dont need to learn just off one topic..when writing an answer..u csan get info from other topics into answer.

looooOOOOOOOOOL my bad. lol 3days for one essay? for real??? how do u manage in the exam then? girls have a better memory! ul be fine.. jus keep practicing!
Original post by StitchMad
That's probably a good method to use yeah. You should pretty much evaluate EVERYTHING you write - whether you think it needs evaluation or not, you will most likely get marks for it. There's a lot more emphasis on AO2 at A2 Level so it's important to do! Be critical of the question too. If they ask you to look at validity or reliability, explain what it is... but also explain how they can be manipulated too.

I was talking about a 33 marker when I mentioned using 3 theories - that's the structure I've learnt. 15 markers should follow the PET structure (Practical, Ethical and Theoretical issues: advantages and disadvantages of each), ensuring you link them to crime and the item. For the 21 marker, I'm not too sure yet as there's lots of possible questions! :smile:

Haha, I went crazy with the past papers last year. I just kept reeling them off and constantly handed them into my Sociology teacher. She'd have it marked for the next lesson and I was able to discuss which parts I'd done well and where I needed to do better. It was helpful because I could then tailor the revision to suit the weaker areas.

Oooh right,just foud that out now, that you evaluate everything you write. :smile: Thanks.
Sop what exactly is A02.?
Hmm..what do you mean by how it can be manipulated?

PET structure ? :cry2: so many bludy structures.....making me bare jelous u are...
okay so adv and dis advantages....you no like how mnay of each will you need?

yeah but how do you answe the 21 mark q...only 2 pages long it shud be?
and howlong shud 33 makr b? 3 pages..at its most concisist.

Okay ..but i dont fink i'll be able to do that now..sinc ei'm a last minute kinda girl..so i'll do them in ther last week..and quicklygive it to her..and learn everything then...:s-smilie:
looooOOOOOOOOOL my bad. lol 3days for one essay? for real??? how do u manage in the exam then? girls have a better memory! ul be fine.. jus keep practicing!

Me and good memory :lolwut:

i have the worsest memory :sadnod:

yeah man..i take ages for like one thing init....ur making me sound dumb :huff:
how long dus it take you?
Reply 52
Original post by StitchMad

as.

Thank You for that, Can i ask you , When you Say PET: What do you mean Theoretical? Are there only 2 bits, Positivists and Interpretivits ? In know ethical, such as Informed consent, Harm etc, and Is Practical Like, Expensive, Time, Budget, Size etc?

Thank You
Reply 53
Original post by RMW1994
Course I remember you! You were so helpful on the last thread! Crime and Deviance is the last paper thank god! Looked at loads of past papers today looks like its fairly straightforward but alot of writing gonna be necessary haha!x

Haha holy chicken? Lol i have never heard that before in my life! I dont quite think I was born clever,its just im doing sociology at uni so i wanted to do well to get an A grade overall,was alot of revision and making up songs to remember stuff lol. Oh did you managed to work out you need 112/120 in Crime&Deviance to get an A overall? Thats reachable! Just revise!x

haha havent you? in my world chickens are Holy! i love kfc! and nandos! thus i came up with holy chicken! havent u had chicken and thought to urself holy chicken this chicken is goooooood! loool i dono wat im saying.
hahaha yo i used to do that aswell! i used to make my notes a rap song. makess it so easy to remember! and for those sociologists like durkheim i think of them as real people. so like my mums durkheim. and watever i learn about him' i put as her personality! lol that doesn make sense but anyway iv typed it and cba to erase it. ur probable thinking im a retard right about NoW! haha anyway thanks for the encouragement! im sure ul get another 120/120 ! x
Reply 54
Me and good memory :lolwut:

i have the worsest memory :sadnod:

yeah man..i take ages for like one thing init....ur making me sound dumb :huff:
how long dus it take you?

lol nahh u ain dumb. u jus gotta practice. for a 33 marker i take 33mins. one min per mark!
lol nahh u ain dumb. u jus gotta practice. for a 33 marker i take 33mins. one min per mark!

loool no silly billy! you're wrong!
You can take 40 minutes on that!!!
trust me.
lmao i ain white. im brown.lolll im in london now. ait il email u some questions-answers!

ooo brown :bhangra:

You gonna go back to kenya?

K, can you mail them now,or later?
Reply 57
haha havent you? in my world chickens are Holy! i love kfc! and nandos! thus i came up with holy chicken! havent u had chicken and thought to urself holy chicken this chicken is goooooood! loool i dono wat im saying.
hahaha yo i used to do that aswell! i used to make my notes a rap song. makess it so easy to remember! and for those sociologists like durkheim i think of them as real people. so like my mums durkheim. and watever i learn about him' i put as her personality! lol that doesn make sense but anyway iv typed it and cba to erase it. ur probable thinking im a retard right about NoW! haha anyway thanks for the encouragement! im sure ul get another 120/120 ! x

Lol you seriously just made me hungry talking about nandoss! And nah I dont think you're retarded just clearly passionate about chicken and unique with your revision techniques but each to their own :wink:

Btw does anyone have an revision notes on control theories, i cant remember the exact topic title but I think it starts with that? If so,it would be great to see them cause my teacher still hasnt gone over it and i'm slightly worried because he's rubbish as it is and thinks we've completed the crime and deviance bit but we havent and whenever he discusses something its very brief -.- 'bish bash bosh' as he likes to call it.
Reply 58
ooo brown :bhangra:

You gonna go back to kenya?

K, can you mail them now,or later?

loool. i have a day off on friday il send u all the essays i got top marks in!
nahh i dont think. maybe if i win the lottery!
Original post by RMW1994
Lol you seriously just made me hungry talking about nandoss! And nah I dont think you're retarded just clearly passionate about chicken and unique with your revision techniques but each to their own :wink:
B]

I went to nandoes today :zomg:

Chiken :coma:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending