The Student Room Group

Sociology Unit 4 - Crime - 19th June 2012 - Notes - Disscussion and more

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
I really hope realism and suicide come up for the 21 mark questions, probably my strongest topics. Anyone think they'll come up?
Original post by Azii
I really hope realism and suicide come up for the 21 mark questions, probably my strongest topics. Anyone think they'll come up?

I reckon suicide will, probably one of my weakest atm
Reply 962
Original post by Azii

im not sure if suicide will come up cos I think in jan 2012 paper suicide came up as the 33marks question
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by RM2010
im not sure if suicide will come up cos I think in jan 2012 paper suicide came up as the 33marks question

=o is it please let this be true
Reply 964
Original post by RM2010

Suicide didnt come up, i dont think it will for a 33 marker. The 33 marker was "Assess the contribution of functionalist and New Right theories and research to our understanding of society today.".
Reply 965
Original post by Azii
Suicide didnt come up, i dont think it will for a 33 marker. The 33 marker was "Assess the contribution of functionalist and New Right theories and research to our understanding of society today.".

sorry yup got mixed up with science on a different paper :colondollar:
Reply 966
Original post by coolasacucumber
I reckon suicide will, probably one of my weakest atm

If you struggling on suicide mate here's a powerpoint that really helped me :smile:
Original post by Alex3r3
To the person who asked why they did not get an A* in Unit 3 when achieving 51/60 71 ums marks.. you needed 52.
Was 1 mark off. I was exactly the same haha.

If i got a High C in Unit 1 (resat should go up considerably) a Low A in Unit 2 and a high A in unit 3. Anyone know what i'd need to get for an A overall?

Thanks

LOL NO WAY. Thats like a sociologists name away :l
Well atleast it was a very high A
Original post by Azii
If you struggling on suicide mate here's a powerpoint that really helped me :smile:

Thank you =)
Reply 969
guys need help quickly
Reply 970
Assess the the strengths and limitations of using unstructured interviews to investigate domestic violence

What would you write in the evaluation of that question? and how would you set the question out??

Thanks
Original post by shan93
Hey Im just wondering, does anyone know exactly what I will need to get an A, i got 172/200 at AS level x

Exactly the same as me! Means we need 148 to get the 320 that equates to an A:smile: x
Original post by Rads.X
Assess the the strengths and limitations of using unstructured interviews to investigate domestic violence

What would you write in the evaluation of that question? and how would you set the question out??

Thanks

Well, if you break it down and get unstructured interviews and domestic violence then talk about what unstructured interviews are as well as Domestic violence (very feminist here) and begin to link them up. Bring in Dobash & Dobash as well as Labov as their interview methods relate significantly here, but keep throwing in the odd disadvantage as well, e.g it is time consuming or some people are unlikely to trust the interviewer dependant on their characteristics.

Bit rough guide but is how i'd go about it.
Reply 973
Original post by laurennmc
Exactly the same as me! Means we need 148 to get the 320 that equates to an A:smile: x

As in you need 148 in this final paper to get an A or 148 from unit 3 and 4?x
Original post by RMW1994
As in you need 148 in this final paper to get an A or 148 from unit 3 and 4?x

Both units! Can't quite remember the grades it is though, my sheet is in college:smile: x
Reply 975
Original post by Rads.X

Thanks

I was told by my teacher to write short, brief sentences in the 15 marker. Don't babble to much and get straight to the point. Also, remember PERVERT !
Reply 976
Original post by JamesR1993
Well, if you break it down and get unstructured interviews and domestic violence then talk about what unstructured interviews are as well as Domestic violence (very feminist here) and begin to link them up. Bring in Dobash & Dobash as well as Labov as their interview methods relate significantly here, but keep throwing in the odd disadvantage as well, e.g it is time consuming or some people are unlikely to trust the interviewer dependant on their characteristics.

how would you end it?
Reply 977
Original post by laurennmc
Both units! Can't quite remember the grades it is though, my sheet is in college:smile: x

Oh okay cool, just checking you weren't talking about just this paper cause this is out of 120 ums but yeah 148/200 is achievable,good luck!xx
Reply 978
i am sooo gonna flop this exam its just wayyy toooo much to remember! aaaaargh!
Reply 979
Original post by JamesR1993

what did dobash and dobash say about domestic violence again?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending