The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why do some people (mainly girls) take so many pictures of themselves?

Scroll to see replies

Well they're not hurting anyone. I'd rather they stayed home and posted 200 pictures than went and hung out on a street corner drinking stella :wink:
Original post by GoingInsane
This is something that has always baffled me. I'm sure most people know the type, the old 'my space pose', the 'duckface' and people who take pictures of their own reflection in the mirror. Just why? I can understand one or two but some people are obcessed with it.

Just puzzles me, like what would compel someone to keep doing this. Do they just think, 'I'm bored, I know I'll take some more pictures of myself'!? :s-smilie:

Also they seem to have a weight on the side of their head making it tilt to one side, pretty odd i know.
I find the people who do that normally are people with insecurities or issues. So yes, it is to boost their self esteem.
To admire my beauty
Original post by Ohlavelle
Well they're not hurting anyone. I'd rather they stayed home and posted 200 pictures than went and hung out on a street corner drinking stella :wink:

What's wrong with hanging out on a street corner drinking stella ?
I do this, only i take pictures of my d.ck
Original post by word2yamother
I do this, only i take pictures of my d.ck

I wish I had a pet duck to take pictures of. :frown:
Reply 47
Original post by WarriorInAWig
I wish I had a pet duck to take pictures of. :frown:

Lol, I think he meant an "i" not a "u".
Original post by Greenlaner
Some people feel they need to prove that they have a social life.

My friend has hundreds of photos. Only like 20 of them are her with other people. The rest of them are her in her room posing. Saaaaad.
I know guys that have like 10 pictures of themselves in the exact same pose, with the exact same face. One of them even pouts in all of them....
Reply 50
This girl I know on twitter is like

"OFF TO CARAVAN" twitpic of duckface

"ALL MY FRIENDS THINK I SHOULD MODEL AS IF" twitpic of Katie Price pose

"LOL I'M FUNNY" twitpic of "myspace" photo

"HAHAHAHAHAHA WATCHING DVD. ARENT WE CUTE! twitpic of friend and her pouting

"BET YOU ARE LOVING THIS SPAM" twitpic of her in jeans and a t-shirt

Everyday. It's unreal. My photos are randoms of me with friends, a few of me when I've dyed my hair or cut it or got a new tattoo and a few stupid ones (like photos of us next to something funny).
Because maybe they feel insecure about their appearance so they put on makeup and take lots of photos with flattering lighting/camera angle etc (or that's how they see it) and put it all these pretty photos on FB for everyone to see.
Mum and dad said they could be anything, so they decided to become a duck.
Reply 53
Original post by internet tough guy
Mum and dad said they could be anything, so they decided to become a duck.

It's worse when they upload them to facebook with the caption "I look so ugly in this <3 <3" :angry:
Why do you take pictures of yourself ??If you want to remember things/nights/events you should take pictures of things/night/events
Original post by sarahthegemini
It's worse when they upload them to facebook with the caption "I look so ugly in this <3 <3" :angry:

I am so glad I'm not young today. Social media when I was a lad was a poster on the school noticeboard announcing forthcoming activies at the local youth club.

Latest

Trending

Trending