Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Football Forum 2011/2012 Season Awards Suggestions

Announcements Posted on
The Football forum needs another moderator! 19-04-2014
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    With the season on the brink of finishing, and due to popular demand, we're going to have end-of-season awards for the first time since 2009.The plan is to eventually have the voting for the awards in a separate sub-forum but before we can do that we need to establish what categories we need. After we have the categories, we'll begin the nominations then the polls will be made in a sub-forum and voting will commence after the season ends.

The current categories
    Spoiler:
    Show

Player of the Year
    Worst Player
    Young Player of the Year
    Goalkeeper of the Year
    Defender of the Year
    Midfielder of the Year
    Striker of the Year
    Manager of the Year
    Worst Manager
    Team of the Year (11 different individuals would have to be selected)
    Signing of the Season
    Worst Signing of the Season
    Overachievers
    Underachievers
    Goal of the Season
    Save of the Season

Feel free to add any suggestions - from what other categories we need to how nominations should take place! Perhaps include an award or two for those who regularly watch La Liga or the Italian Serie A? :beard:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Awesome!

I think those categories are sufficient. No glaring ommissions from what I can see. Maybe something like Blunder of the Season (or something equivalent), for example: sacking of Mick McCarthy; Liverpool's approach to the Suarez situation. But I don't think that's necessary like the other awards.

I would personally love to see stuff done for the major European leagues (and maybe the Football League?), but I'd only feel comfortable commenting on the German/Italian leagues. Maybe just a general European thread so I can express my absolute awe and love for Andrea Pirlo somewhere?
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    Awesome!

I think those categories are sufficient. No glaring ommissions from what I can see. Maybe something like Blunder of the Season (or something equivalent), for example: sacking of Mick McCarthy; Liverpool's approach to the Suarez situation. But I don't think that's necessary like the other awards.

I would personally love to see stuff done for the major European leagues (and maybe the Football League?), but I'd only feel comfortable commenting on the German/Italian leagues. Maybe just a general European thread so I can express my absolute awe and love for Andrea Pirlo somewhere?
    Not a lot of people who watch European football on here but a sizeable amount, I think we can come up with an award or two. Although I fear it'd be a Barca/Real Madrid sweep!

Perhaps an award that asks for the best European player bar Ronaldo and Messi? :beard:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    Not a lot of people who watch European football on here but a sizeable amount, I think we can come up with an award or two. Although I fear it'd be a Barca/Real Madrid sweep!

Perhaps an award that asks for the best European player bar Ronaldo and Messi? :beard:
    I think it'll have to be otherwise it's always going to be Messi and if not him Ronaldo.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    But guys, if we vote on best forward in Europe, we can get another Ronaldo vs Messi debate. We've not had one of them in a while.
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    I think it'll have to be otherwise it's always going to be Messi and if not him Ronaldo.
    Alternative Player of the Season - something like that?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Game of the season.
    Team performance of the season.

All nominations for these two categories will involve Bilbao or Barcelona :dice:
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    Game of the season.
    Team performance of the season.

All nominations for these two categories will involve Bilbao or Barcelona :dice:
    Noted :yy:
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    Most improved player from last season?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Most ridiculous hair? BAE, Song, Balotelli and some other randoms.
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)

Not bad.
    • 12 followers

Can we make it clear that the signings have to have been made in the 11/12 season, ergo Carroll doesn't come into things - else we'll have a spamfest about dates/seasons and so forth.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Can we make it clear that the signings have to have been made in the 11/12 season, ergo Carroll doesn't come into things - else we'll have a spamfest about dates/seasons and so forth.
    I guess signings of the season will make that clear.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Obviously the normal Crumble of the season award..

Should we have an award for Just English leagues. and one for World. Ie Premiership player of the season & world player of the season.
    • 12 followers

(Original post by mr tim)
    I guess signings of the season will make that clear.
    If only it was that simple. :dry:
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Most improved player from last season?

(Original post by Deshi)
    :yy:

(Original post by Kevmeister)
    Yeah we'll make it clear when it comes to les nominations.

(Original post by Vintage)
    Obviously the normal Crumble of the season award..

Should we have an award for Just English leagues. and one for World. Ie Premiership player of the season & world player of the season.
    Crumble. :yum: Yeah, there'll be one for the Premiership and one for the World.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Crumble of the year is in danger of every nomination being Kenny Dalglish though?
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    Or 'Arry.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    If Spurs finish outside of the top four, I'd say they're a definite front-runner for that award, considering where they were a few months ago.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    A mixture of Serie A/Bundesliga team of the season? :coma:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 11, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.