The Student Room Group

Anders Breivik pleads not guilty. Really?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
not read everything here since i recently saw this thread but I also agree that he should be jailed for life. No way should he be killed! let him suffer and rot in jail!
Original post by mevidek
There's a documentary on BBC iPlayer on Anders Breivik... I'm just about to watch it, don't know if it's any good, however.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01gkplz/hd/This_World_Norways_Massacre/

I just watched it:smile:
I find it really good, what about you?
Original post by Gridiron-Gangster
Well that's just it. He knows that what he's done is a henious crime and doesn't want too face up to the punishment of a lifetime in prison to reflect on his crimes (I know they say 21 years but it can be extended if they feel he's a danger to the public, which he is so I doubt he will ever walk free again).

The man is a coward hence he is asking fo acquittal/death because that way he doesn't have to face up to the punishment of his crimes. Death is always the salvation of a coward and that's exactly what he is.

Anyways I predict and it wouldn't surprise me if he commited suicide in jail regrdless of hoever much suicide watch he is put on. He is a coward and if there is a hell I sure hope he'll end up there.

To be honest, I doubt a lifetime sentence in Norway's 'progressive' jails would be that bad a punishment, considering what he did.
Reply 183
Original post by justanotherindigo
I just watched it:smile:
I find it really good, what about you?

I don't think they covered the character of Breivik too much... Yes, he is definitely a monster, but I'd like to have seen a little more of a delving into his mind, rather than finding out just what he did.
Original post by Harmonic Minor
To be honest, I doubt a lifetime sentence in Norway's 'progressive' jails would be that bad a punishment, considering what he did.

Yeah I read on wiki (ok not exactly the most credible source) that apparently he's uner high security, practically isolation, with three cells; one for sleeping in, another with a TV and DVD player and DVDs and PC without internet connection, and a cell ull off gym equipment and weights etc. Jeez wonder if he's got a sauna and personal chef down there?

Apparently he's now receiving "fan-mail" to which he is responding to.

Sounds more like a leisure centre than a prison. With all that for free why would you want to top yourself?
Original post by mevidek
I doubt he'd commit suicide; he's an arrogant criminal who believes that he's starting a "revolution".

Arrogat is one word. I'd say he's deluded, psychotic, insane and I'm not a qualified doctor (yet) but anyone who says and thinks half the rubbish he's been saying isn't exactly normal.

What irks me is how he seems so smug with himself and wrapped into actually thinking what he did was for the good of his people.

Somebody asked on another thread if breivik was "the logical response to multiculturalism" that somehow people like him would gain support through these actions. I don't think anyone in the right mind would suggest that such a method of ressolving political issues is justifiable under any circumstances and if this is how some far-right extremists operate/think is the right way to go, then they're just going to find themselves increasingly marginalised.

He thinks he's winning the respect of people (perhaps a few sickos) but the majority looking at this do so in disgust and just hate the far-right even more.

He's concerned about what he perceives as Islamic fanatacism/terrorism/extremism but how is what he did any different other than that he was a white christian?
Reply 186
This is his "manifesto"

About page 176, You really get a picture as to just how twisted and psycotic this guy is,

http://breivikmanifest.com/book-3-planning-of-attacks
Original post by thunder_chunky
He'll probably be found guilty anyway.

Probably?
Original post by natchina

Funny how so called 'anti racists' always turn into blatant racists when the victims are white.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending