The Student Room Group

Anders Breivik pleads not guilty. Really?

Scroll to see replies

Is it just me who can't physically look at him? I mean if I see his face on the tv or in the paper I have to turn over straight away he turns my stomach that much.
Reply 121
Original post by jimcatinnes
Sorry I meant to pos rep you but I clicked the wrong one by mistake.

It's fine :smile:
Reply 122
Original post by SaintSoldier
No.

It was a rhetorical question. :facepalm2:
He's not insane. He's a troll. Pure and simple.
Reply 124
Original post by moonkatt
They were in the majority unarmed children. If you think they were legitimate targets then you are a sick person.

depends how much he hated them. they weren't children, they were high achieving teenager and youngsters involved in politics and set to become leaders. Anders is a loser with no influence whatsoever in society except for the fact that he probably smells.
The case with Breivik is that he knows he will be sent down for at least thirty years, guilty plea or otherwise. So his acquittal plea allows him to express his political justification for the attacks. He is aware that shooting adults let alone children would not constitute self defence in the eyes of the law.

He is fully aware of the basis of detention in Norway, which is to protect the public from dangerous people and to attempt to rehabilitate prisoners if possible. Having openly stated that he would repeat his actions, he represents a very obvious immediate danger to the public that will unlikely diminish in the near future. So he can basically say what he wants in court.
(edited 12 years ago)
Why do you guys think he didn't just start up his own party and strike, instead of 'killing' people,to promote nationalism.

Weirdo, cries when he watches his own nationalism video. But doesn't cry when he hears all his killings of 77 people. It's not like his father got shot by a muslim or something.
Original post by migeon
depends how much he hated them. they weren't children, they were high achieving teenager and youngsters involved in politics and set to become leaders. Anders is a loser with no influence whatsoever in society except for the fact that he probably smells.

So if he really hated them, they can be considered legitimate targets? That's what you seem to be insinuating with your post. Regardless of how intelligent or high-flying they were, the majority were still legally children and probably still children in the eyes of their parents, who had to face the news that their children had been murdered by someone for the simple fact that they were clever and promising.
Reply 128
Anybody know any more about his links with the EDL? He said had extensive links with them and if thats the case, I think this needs to be investigated and prosecutions brought about, because we can't have the EDL walking around scott free if they have links to what is a known murdering terrorist. Especially when we know this looney has supporters of his actions here (and one on this thread no less).
I don't think he's insane either, although obviously I'm not an expert. It seems to me as though he just has a very warped way of expressing his political views, but I think he knew exactly what he was doing.
Original post by AkaJetson
Fyi Atheism is the fastest growing belief in Europe. Please stop spreading lies by saying Islam will take over Europe when it won't.

In the Quran it said it will.
Original post by moonkatt
They were in the majority unarmed children. If you think they were legitimate targets then you are a sick person.

You have to place it in context, through his eyes. To him, he is a soldier in a war against the political establishment that has imposed 'multiculturalism', 'islamism/communism/cultural marxism' that has 'plagued society- to him, he is a soldier battling what he saw were the next generation of these politicians and their supporters- those who would continue to impose these 'corrupt' doctrines on society- HENCE, they too are political opposition, and legitimate targets.

In fact, he's not the first person with such a mindset- indeed, Islamist writers such as Sayyid Qutb wrote about this idea, that in battling against those who impose willful ignorance onto Muslim society, it is okay to kill them, as they are just obstacles to the grand design.

In fact, even in the military, this idea is sometimes resolute- ie. with Madeliene albright, who justified the killing of unarmed civillians on the grounds that they were simply 'collateral damage'.
Reply 132
Thought his video was very good and well put together.
Original post by y.yousef
In the Quran it said it will.

In every monotheistic holy book, a prophecy is contained whereby justice will be ordained with the coming of a messiah and the imposition of the religion, the book is professed to.

Even in Islam, there is a argument about the final prophecy, where one school says it will derive as a product of an Islamic global state, whilst others have claimed it to be the product of the return of the Mahdi- to impose his will.

Hence, you cannot assume one holy book contains its absolute truth, particularly one in which its dimensions are purposefully blurry.
Bukhari:V4B52N182-4 "Allah's Apostle invoked evil upon the infidels, saying, 'O Allah! The revealer of the Holy Book, defeat these people and shake them. Fill the infidels' houses and graves with fire.'"
Only Rambo has killed 77 people in self defence.
Reply 136
Original post by Phantom_X
You have to place it in context, through his eyes. To him, he is a soldier in a war against the political establishment that has imposed 'multiculturalism', 'islamism/communism/cultural marxism' that has 'plagued society- to him, he is a soldier battling what he saw were the next generation of these politicians and their supporters- those who would continue to impose these 'corrupt' doctrines on society- HENCE, they too are political opposition, and legitimate targets.

In fact, he's not the first person with such a mindset- indeed, Islamist writers such as Sayyid Qutb wrote about this idea, that in battling against those who impose willful ignorance onto Muslim society, it is okay to kill them, as they are just obstacles to the grand design.

In fact, even in the military, this idea is sometimes resolute- ie. with Madeliene albright, who justified the killing of unarmed civillians on the grounds that they were simply 'collateral damage'.

Just because he felt that it was justified, doesn't mean it was. People rarely engage in actions that they feel aren't justifiable, but they aren't. This, by far, is one of them
Original post by Phantom_X
In every monotheistic holy book, a prophecy is contained whereby justice will be ordained with the coming of a messiah and the imposition of the religion, the book is professed to.

Even in Islam, there is a argument about the final prophecy, where one school says it will derive as a product of an Islamic global state, whilst others have claimed it to be the product of the return of the Mahdi- to impose his will.

Hence, you cannot assume one holy book contains its absolute truth, particularly one in which its dimensions are purposefully blurry.

I didn't understand that. Please may you explain that in easier terms :smile:
Original post by rural_boy
Yeah nice one 'mate', all from the same Telegraph article as well so great going. However, the institute's information that you put forward has been widely discredited and it has been quite widely known their muslim population projections are overestimated.

- A Pew Forum study in January 2011, estimated an increase of muslims in the European population from 6% to 8% by 2030.

Also, you're info on the US muslim population being 20% of the country's pop. by 2030? Think you dreamt that one. This article, from the Washington Post, a recent poll from 2011, said that by 2030 the US muslim pop. will double from 2.6 million 6.2 million approx.

Now I'll let you do the maths on that one, but just in case you can't; the population of the US is round about 313,000,000. 6.2 milion people isn't 20%.

Again mate, come back when you've got some real info.

Oh and also, almost forgot, yes I still think you're a massive nutter, although a slightly misguided one at that.

I'm sorry, but am I missing something here ? Where on Earth in my previous reply did I state anything about U.S. Muslim population ? I suggest you read my information again very carefully, since you have just claimed in your reply that that I was declaring "the US muslim population being 20% of the country's pop. by 2030". If you read again carefully, you might just realise that my main topic of debate has nothing to do with the population of the United States whatsoever.
What the information was infact claiming (from the article that I was referring to, not the Washington Post) was that the U.S.'s Migration Policy Institute states residents of Muslim faith will acount for more than 20% of the EU population by 2050.

Furthermore, how can I possibly take you serious when you're claiming that I've made a statement relating to another article which I clearly never even mentioned or referred to? And yet you have the audacity to call me misguided! It's hilarious. Nevertheless, good effort in trying to put words into my mouth.
Reply 139
FYI he did not state it was in self defence but rather an act from necessity of principle. The translator made this mistake yesterday, which is why Breivik is wrongly quoted in international media. The difference being that he says that he did this to avoid something worse in the future and is therefore innocent in his actions.

I don't really think it makes much of a practical difference, but thought I'd make you aware of the mistake here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending