The Student Room Group

Anders Breivik pleads not guilty. Really?

The man who carried out bomb and gun attacks in Norway last year which left 77 people dead has pleaded not guilty at the start of his trial in Oslo.

Anders Behring Breivik attacked a youth camp organised by the governing Labour party on the island of Utoeya, after setting off a car bomb in the capital.

He told the court he "acknowledged" the acts committed, but said he did not accept criminal responsibility.

The prosecution earlier gave a detailed account of how each person was killed.

If the court decides he is criminally insane, he will be committed to psychiatric care; if he is judged to be mentally stable, he will be jailed.

In the latter case, he faces a sentence of 21 years, which could be extended to keep him behind bars for the rest of his life.

The 33-year-old Norwegian was found insane in one examination, while a second assessment made public last week found him mentally competent.

As said before, he denies criminal responsibility and claimed that he acted on behalf of self-defence. So killing innocent young lives is self-defence?

What are your thoughts on this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't think he is insane. It obviously takes a certain kind of mindset to kill people for your political cause but he isn't first in human history by a long way and he won't be the last. In my opinion the first doctors said he was schizophrenic wholly on the basis of his political beliefs been delusional. However the majority of the stuff he says isn't delusional in fact its all factual its just a matter of interpretation. Immigration and multiculturalism are definitely happening.

He pleading not guilty simply to further his cause hence the salute in court. He knows at the end of the day he will go to a prison or an institution regardless of what happens in court.

Where he mentions self-defence he means that he acting in defence of indigenous Europeans and says he doesn't recognise the Oslo court because he regards the govt as traitors.

And just too add i am not condoning him!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by RyanT
These people were legitimate targets in a war over the future of society.

They were in the majority unarmed children. If you think they were legitimate targets then you are a sick person.
Reply 3
Original post by moonkatt
They were in the majority unarmed children. If you think they were legitimate targets then you are a sick person.

If you think a 16-17-18 year old is a child then you need to stop being a manchild.

They were involved in activities with a political organisation. Politics is about controlling other people. I think it's pretty clear they had an agenda and thought they were invulnerable whilst influencing their society in an evil manner by supporting migration of islamists.
the fact is Breviik while sane enough to stand trial is obviously an utter frootloop of the highest order ... need any more be said.
A comment I saw somewhere else said something like 'he has no human rights because he is not human, lock him up in a cell with no light and complete silence'.

God knows how someone can kill so many people, there is something immensely wrong with this man
Reply 6
He just wants to go to a prison, serve his sentence, write in prison, and become a hero to other nutters like him.

The best way to deal with him is send him for the rest of his life to a high security psychiatric hospital.
Reply 7
Let's be clear here, the medical examiners assessed Breivik's mental stability and declared that he displayed schizophrenic behaviour, concluding that he is insane due to his 'delusional political beliefs'. However, I bevlieve this to be completely false (which is why I incidentally wasn't surprised to hear that the conclusion was almost immediately disputed). Why? Because Brievik's beliefs are actually not delusional at all - it is a demographic fact that within decades to come, most Western European nations will be colonised by Islam. It is a demographic reality, and not a matter if, but when. Whether or not this is a good or bad thing depends entirely on the opinion of the individual - in Brievik's case, we are all aware that from his point of view it is clearly and most certainly perceived as a bad thing. Personally, I myself do not want this to happen, and I'm sure many others share the same opinion.

That being said, there is no denying that the Brievik's actions on the 22 July 2011 were horrific and terribly disturbing, and I am in no way condoning these actions he committed, and he should obviously now face the consequences.

The million dollar question is - why does it take horrendously violent demonstrations like those of Brievik's to attempt to spread the message that the Islamisation of Europe is very much a reality?

Just being honest here.
Reply 8
Original post by RyanT
You are wrong to say they are innocent. These were people at a party political event. Politics is about control. I don't really consider their age to be that relevant either.

These people were legitimate targets in a war over the future of society.

He isn't insane either, having a killing instinct isn't the same as insanity. I don't agree with him, but attempting to label him as mentally ill is reminsicent of soviet tactics against dissidents.

They're innocent because they were defenseless teenagers, who had a lot to live for. They weren't harming anybody, many were Christians as well, so he killed his own "kind". He is mentally ill; you have to be insane in order to go and kill 77 people, which is over double the average murder rate in Denmark. Also, apparently he's a paranoid schizophrenic, but not insane. Surely being a paranoid schizophrenic and a serial killer that's killed nearly 80 young adults and children makes you insane and mentally ill?

Just saw your signature. You're a Nazi. I'm not going to engage in debate with you, and I urge others not to; he shares the perverse views of the nutter that did this horrible thing.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by jackmikeMon
Let's be clear here, the medical examiners assessed Breivik's mental stability and declared that he displayed schizophrenic behaviour, concluding that he is insane due to his 'delusional political beliefs'. However, I bevlieve this to be completely false (which is why I incidentally wasn't surprised to hear that the conclusion was almost immediately disputed). Why? Because Brievik's beliefs are actually not delusional at all - it is a demographic fact that within decades to come, most Western European nations will be colonised by Islam. It is a demographic reality, and not a matter if, but when. Whether or not this is a good or bad thing depends entirely on the opinion of the individual - in Brievik's case, we are all aware that from his point of view it is clearly and most certainly perceived as a bad thing. Personally, I myself do not want this to happen, and I'm sure many others share the same opinion.

That being said, there is no denying that the Brievik's actions on the 22 July 2011 were horrific and terribly disturbing, and I am in no way condoning these actions he committed, and he should obviously now face the consequences.

The million dollar question is - why does it take horrendously violent demonstrations like those of Brievik's to attempt to spread the message that the Islamisation of Europe is very much a reality?

Just being honest here.

Any evidence of this 'demographic fact' then?
Reply 10
Original post by pr0view
I don't think he is insane. It obviously takes a certain kind of mindset to kill people for your political cause but he isn't first in human history by a long way and he won't be the last. In my opinion the first doctors said he was schizophrenic wholly on the basis of his political beliefs been delusional. However the majority of the stuff he says isn't delusional in fact its all factual its just a matter of interpretation. Immigration and multiculturalism are definitely happening.

He pleading not guilty simply to further his cause hence the salute in court. He knows at the end of the day he will go to a prison or an institution regardless of what happens in court.

Where he mentions self-defence he means that he acting in defence of indigenous Europeans and says he doesn't recognise the Oslo court because he regards the govt as traitors.

And just too add i am not condoning him!

Completely agree with all of that, just because his views and ideology are extreme, doesn't make him insane and after watching the bbc2 programme last night on it and I'm not at all convinced he's insane and hope he ends up where he belongs, in a proper prison. And even though the maximum sentence in Norway is 21 years, surely they're not going to let him free ever again, he hardly seems the type to change his ways because of prison, if he's always fighting for his cause, then I'd imagine he'd want to do something similar again, who knows what he might plan next if he was to be released.
What a crap justice system lol.

The Prosecuters or judge began smiling and shaking his hand after the trial -

God willing, Justice will prevail, if not in this life, then certainly in the next.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by rural_boy
Any evidence of this 'demographic fact' then?

He put the word 'fact' into bold, seems some people on here think their made up statements are more valid by stating 'Its a fact' or italicising/bolding words :rolleyes:

Immigration and multiculturism in Western Europe is a fact cause the evidence is there, the Islamic 'colonisation' of Western Europe is possible but certainly not a fact at all.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Olie
He put the word 'fact' into bold, seems some people on here think their made up statements are more valid by stating 'Its a fact' or italicising/bolding words :rolleyes:

Immigration and multiculturism in Western Europe is a fact cause the evidence is there, the Islamic 'colonisation' of Western Europe is possible but certainly not a fact at all.

I know, I mean I was on the verge of believing him as well...

Yeah I'm not arguing that immigration doesn't take place, of course that's a fact, I was arguing his whole 'islamification of Europe is inevitable' fact, that all these nutters seem to come out with.
From his behaviour it is obvious that he is proud of what he did. He smiled throughout the trial even when they were showing footage of the bombing. He might not be insane, but he is at least a psychopath.

The number of his victims is outrageous, but it doesn't really sink in until you scroll down a page with their names and pictures and the page just keeps on going and going. He actually ended 77 lives... and he sits there smiling in court as if he doesn't know what happened..
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14276074 - list of people he murdered
Original post by jackmikeMon

Just being honest here.

It'll happen, one way or another. I don't think there's much you can do. I mean, you'll probably be dead before it happens anyways, so no worries.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 16
He's obviosly a complete scumbag if he does what he did and plead not guilty
Reply 17
Original post by RyanT
Who were engaged in the business of supporting a polity that is immigrating foreigners. All the gang rapes in Oslo for the last few years have been committed by immigrants, it's not a secret what's happening. These people renounced their own group identity in exchange for one of cultural marxism.

Humans have been killing each other for aeons. It's not a sign of insanity, as much as you'd wish it to be.

And that makes it okay to kill a group of innocent people?

I'm not saying killing people makes one insane. I'm saying when you plant several bombs, kill many innocent people in Oslo, and then go on a machine gun killing spree, attacking young people, you're ****ing nutter. Just because man has always killed, it doesn't make it right; society has evolved, and there is no need for the casual killing of others. You're clearly very distorted of the truth, and I truly believe you to be one of the most immoral and disgusting people alive; that is, however, just like Breivik. You should be ashamed.

One final question: are you religious?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 18
theres no way the prosecution will give him any deal, why would he plead guilty? LOL

the prosecutor will be fired if he lets him get away with anything other than max sentence
Reply 19
Regardless of his political views, this man should never see the light of day again. 77 people - most, if not all, of whom were complete strangers. No humane person could do that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending