Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HELP: how to stop stalker texting me

Announcements Posted on
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    My friend's younger sister (who was at school with us) developed a weird crush on me a few years ago. She sends me dozens of messages a day. I have tried every tactic in the book to get her to stop over the years but nothing works. I haven't sent her a single response in MONTHS, I've previously threatened to report her for harrassment etc, I've tried reasoning with her, initially I even showed her brother the texts and her parents punished her badly but nothing works. I left school 2 years ago and the situation has not ceased.

Changing my number wouldn't really help as she knows my usernames on other services like iMessage, WhatsApp, Twitter (where she set up a whole account devoted to her love for me), etc. Plus she'd probably get my new number/usernames quickly even if I did change them.

So what can I do to resolve this situation once and for all?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tell The Police. :cool:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would change your number anyway - who is she really going to get it off? at least with the other usernames and such you can block her.

If she carries on after that then you need to go to the police. They'll probably just give her enough of a talking to to freak her out.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well aren't you Mr. Popular!

Have you considered telling her you've formed a relationship with another girl since leaving school and that she's finding it a little creepy that friend's younger sister is texting you? This would usually encourage her to stop, since she knows your interests are elsewhere.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:

Just kidding. Contact the police.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Block her number? Or just do things to really piss her off so she gets put off
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Cultiver quelques balles, et dites-lui que vous n'êtes pas intéressé par elle.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    I would change your number anyway - who is she really going to get it off? at least with the other usernames and such you can block her.

If she carries on after that then you need to go to the police. They'll probably just give her enough of a talking to to freak her out.
    She'd get it from her brother really quickly, it would be so pointless. I've read up on harrassment laws and since she isn't actually making threats or turning up outside my house (anymore, she did track me down once) they wouldn't intervene especially given she's not an adult.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dslc)
    Well aren't you Mr. Popular!

Have you considered telling her you've formed a relationship with another girl since leaving school and that she's finding it a little creepy that friend's younger sister is texting you? This would usually encourage her to stop, since she knows your interests are elsewhere.
    Ha I've made it a point to do this several times, I've made her fully aware I'm currently in a serious committed relationship. Heck, back at school my girlfriend at the time had a very stern talk with her about backing off but it didn't deter her.

I'm really at my wit's end.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by st_23)
    Block her number? Or just do things to really piss her off so she gets put off
    I've asked O2 repeatedly to block her number but they will only do that if I report her to the police and a) I don't particularly want to do that given I'm friends with her brother and b) she hasn't made any threats etc so I don't know if the police would actually classify it as harrassment
    • 150 followers

ReputationRep:
    Man up you wuss, JK just have a polite chat with your mates parents & tell them to get her to stop, after that I dunno maybe call the police :rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Call her nasty names?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Have TERRIBLE sex with her....Make it so bad that she questions her sexuality, that should do the trick.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.am.lost)
    I've asked O2 repeatedly to block her number but they will only do that if I report her to the police and a) I don't particularly want to do that given I'm friends with her brother and b) she hasn't made any threats etc so I don't know if the police would actually classify it as harrassment
    if you're on blackberry you can block people not in your contact list, not sure about iphone but i'm sure theres an app for that
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What kind of stuff does she say?
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Murder her.

I joke. Tell her parents again and perhaps even show them some of the messages and she'll probably just feel stupid. If it continues, let the police know and, although they won't be able to prosecute her, they will hopefully speak to her and scare her enough to stop.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Put her off you.
    I dunno. She sounds weird.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is wat you do (i've already done this so i know it works).
    Firstly, buy an android or if you have one that is good.
    Secondly, download an app that blocks numbers, its really easy go on the market and write "Block numbers". Download a couple to make sure they work
    Thirdly, enter her number in the blocker app.
    Finally, enjoy life

(This definitely works)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Have a poo on her doorstep.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.am.lost)
    do u have a built in block function on your phone? Its usually under text settings either a blacklist or block numbers

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 19, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.