Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

AAB universities

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    What decent universities out there have entry requriment's of AAB? cause i know some uni's have raised their entry requirment from AAB to AAA for 2013
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gary)
    What decent universities out there have entry requriment's of AAB? cause i know some uni's have raised their entry requirment from AAB to AAA for 2013
    Are you seriously incapable of doing your own research? As this seems to be the case do you honestly think universtiy is the place of person who is incapable?

Instead of looking at these so called 'decent' unversity you should look at university that show the same capablabilties as yourself. May London South Bank or London Met do you?

Seriously What kind of reply are you after? blah blah you should go to bristol they have easy entry requirements blah blah. I mean seriously... show some intellgence.

This is a justified opinion on the question asked.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ITGIRL)
    Are you seriously incapable of doing your own research? As this seems to be the case do you honestly think universtiy is the place of person who is incapable?

Instead of looking at these so called 'decent' unversity you should look at university that show the same capablabilties as yourself. May London South Bank or London Met do you?

Seriously What kind of reply are you after? blah blah you should go to bristol they have easy entry requirements blah blah. I mean seriously... show some intellgence.

This is a justified opinion on the question asked.
    Bit unnecessary?

OP, your Russell Group Unis will want in the A*AA - AAA range MOSTLY.

But it's all course dependent. More competitive course will want AAA but less competitive might ask for less. Try UCAS or unistats
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^^ Harsh. However she(ITGIRL) has a point you should come up with a list of universities you like then come back....
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I mean theres a few i like, bristol, manchester, southampton but they've all raised their entry requirments to AAA this year =/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gary)
    I mean theres a few i like, bristol, manchester, southampton but they've all raised their entry requirments to AAA this year =/
    BA Eco at Manchester is AAB, is there a huge difference between picking BSC and BA??
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gary)
    York
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwertyG)
    BA Eco at Manchester is AAB, is there a huge difference between picking BSC and BA??
    im not sure? do you know the differnece?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Leeds University this year, and they gave me an offer of AAB. I also applied for Manchester and Nottingham, who gave me ABB, but like others have said they can give higher offers for different courses! :yep:
    Hope this helped!

PS - I guess it depends on the course you want to do! What subjects are you looking at?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buddhacoffee)
    I applied for Leeds University this year, and they gave me an offer of AAB. I also applied for Manchester and Nottingham, who gave me ABB, but like others have said they can give higher offers for different courses! :yep:
    Hope this helped!

PS - I guess it depends on the course you want to do! What subjects are you looking at?
    Economics, for manchester and nottingham, both require AAA
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gary)
    Economics, for manchester and nottingham, both require AAA
    Really?! Gosh, that's high! :eek: I suppose I don't really know much about Economics courses, but I'm sure if you look on UCAS you'll be able to find some unis that offer AAB. If you're getting AAB grades that's fantastic, and I'm sure you won't have too much of a problem finding good unis that require this!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    York AAA/AAB and i got AAB
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gary)
    I think York have increased their requirements to AAA-AAB, but I think that they'll give an AAB offer to anyone with A2 level maths, as quite a few people, including myself applied to York and got this offer. I was also told at the open day by the admissions tutor that if you narrowly miss your offer, or if you have subjects like Maths, Physics and Chemistry, then chances are you'll be given an offer even if you're predictions are lower, and that they are very flexible on results day.

I think Exeter ask for A*AA-AAB, and rarely give out A*AA offers. Glasgow is AAB, so is Queen Mary and Sheffield, which are all pretty decent.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    last year
    manchester
    sheffield
    loughborough
    cardiff
    newcastle
    glasgow

also
    queen mary
    lancaster
    surrey
    strathclyde
    liverpool
    sussex
    leicester
    royal holloway
    reading
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucas13)
    last year
    manchester
    sheffield
    loughborough
    cardiff
    newcastle
    glasgow

also
    queen mary
    lancaster
    surrey
    strathclyde
    liverpool
    sussex
    leicester
    royal holloway
    reading
    Any if these would be a good choice

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 20, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.