The Student Room Group

Its a tad early, but what are you doing this Summer hols?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mojojojo
Are you doing that Disney work experience thing? What job are you going to be doing; like rides or reception in a hotel? I was thinking of that :smile:

I'll be working in a shop, if I can get my contract sorted out that is.
Original post by dothestrand
I'll be working in a shop, if I can get my contract sorted out that is.

Do you get time off to go to the park? It's so cool you're doing it!
how do you guys afford these crazy trips on your gap years?!
Original post by Mojojojo
Do you get time off to go to the park? It's so cool you're doing it!

Two days off a week, so I guess so, although I intend to go to Paris as much as possible. I think after a certain amount of time you get a discount on entry and food and in the boutiques etc.
Original post by Dippy Dip
Got this great summer bucket list to occupy my time.

Want to hear some examples?

* 144 egg omelette
* Back to back LOST marathon (because it's so good I have to watch it all a fourth time)
* Go into tesco and break all the baby food so the babies will have no food
* Eat 7000 kitkats in a day
* Set up my living room in my garden

You know, that sort of thing.

LOL! THAT IS SOME BUCKETLIST!
Tell me if you actually manage to complete the "Eat 7000 kitkats in a day" :biggrin: hahaah

Original post by hockeyjoe
how do you guys afford these crazy trips on your gap years?!

I want to take a gap year!

Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
Malaysia for three months :biggrin:

LUcky! Its going to be really hot there :biggrin:
#
Original post by starienight
We were going to go to Barbados and St Lucia, however my Grandad dies in November and my gran says there are spooky things going on, so instead I am travelling to another part of the Uk.
I said to my mum I really need to get some sun or I will shrivel up!:colone:

Aawww,
Which part of the UK?
who went to the henley regatta last summer.

Who remembers seeing that very well dressed guy in all white, with a brown jacket and shoes?
(edited 11 years ago)
going on holiday and relaxing after AS! Then ive got two weeks work experience in a hospital and I'm going to do some volunteering at a local charity shop!
Original post by nataliekwong
LOL! THAT IS SOME BUCKETLIST!
Tell me if you actually manage to complete the "Eat 7000 kitkats in a day" :biggrin: hahaah

I want to take a gap year!

#

Aawww,
Which part of the UK?

I live in the south west, so we don't get much sun anyway, infact today was the first time in like 3 weeks. Northern Ireland.
Reply 188
Spending a month at Weizmann Institute of science in Israel
Reply 189
I'm going to Costa Brava for two weeks with my parents.
Then, I'm going to London for two days with my best friend. That means...SHOPPING FOR TWO DAYS STRAIGHT!!! (In case it wasn't obvious, I can't wait :smile: :smile: )
Then, I'm taking my Gran to Wales (the village where she was born) as a surprise.

Bit I'm dreading - Results Day :frown:

But I'm going to do some work experience in a solicitor's office (I want to study Law at university, so I hope some work experience and that will help me stand out when applying) and I'm also looking forward to doing some volunteer work at a dog's shelter just up the road from me (I love animals and so I'm so looking forward to walking the dogs and stuff like that a few days a week).

Other than that (the main stuff), I'll see my friends and go shopping and to the cinema and stuff like that :smile:
15th Prestige MW3 here i come :colone:
Original post by the_clueless
going on holiday and relaxing after AS! Then ive got two weeks work experience in a hospital and I'm going to do some volunteering at a local charity shop!

wow
very eventful xD
which hospital?
when do your exams end for AS?

Original post by starienight
I live in the south west, so we don't get much sun anyway, infact today was the first time in like 3 weeks. Northern Ireland.

Apparently its gnna rain today(in London)

Original post by Ganky
Spending a month at Weizmann Institute of science in Israel

LUCKY! Doing what?

Original post by Sun_Bear
15th Prestige MW3 here i come :colone:

Luckyyyyyyyyyy

Original post by Allie J
I'm going to Costa Brava for two weeks with my parents.
Then, I'm going to London for two days with my best friend. That means...SHOPPING FOR TWO DAYS STRAIGHT!!! (In case it wasn't obvious, I can't wait :smile: :smile: )
Then, I'm taking my Gran to Wales (the village where she was born) as a surprise.

Bit I'm dreading - Results Day :frown:

But I'm going to do some work experience in a solicitor's office (I want to study Law at university, so I hope some work experience and that will help me stand out when applying) and I'm also looking forward to doing some volunteer work at a dog's shelter just up the road from me (I love animals and so I'm so looking forward to walking the dogs and stuff like that a few days a week).

Other than that (the main stuff), I'll see my friends and go shopping and to the cinema and stuff like that :smile:

LONDON<3
Im dreading results day too, and my exams havent even started!
Reply 192

LONDON<3
Im dreading results day too, and my exams havent even started!

My first one was today :frown: only about 1million to go and I'm finally FREE to enjoy my summer lol
Reply 193

LUCKY! Doing what?

Got oto the international summer science program lol - first 3 weeks can choose what research you want to do - with actual scientists currently doing it, and on weekends have trips to Jerusalem, Eliat, dead sea etc, then last week is desert camel trekking and staying in a desert field school, should be good!

And superwet :p:
Original post by Allie J
My first one was today :frown: only about 1million to go and I'm finally FREE to enjoy my summer lol

LOL UNLUCKY! Which exam was thaaat?
Everyones started their exams, and mine doesnt start until next monday xD
UNLUCKY PEOPLE :biggrin:

Original post by Ganky
Got oto the international summer science program lol - first 3 weeks can choose what research you want to do - with actual scientists currently doing it, and on weekends have trips to Jerusalem, Eliat, dead sea etc, then last week is desert camel trekking and staying in a desert field school, should be good!

Thats so lucky!
I WANT TO GO!
Wheres Eliat?
CAMELS <3

Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
And superwet :p:

LOL sad times: i've never been D:
Reply 196
LOL UNLUCKY! Which exam was thaaat?
:

French Listening. I've got RE tomorrow and French Reading on Thursday and that's it for this week :smile:

COME ON WEEKEND!!!
Reply 197

Whats LT illness? (Sorry if that sounds really dumb, but I have no clue what it is)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it means life-threatening illness.
Reply 198
I'm going Vegas for 4 weeks, then back home for a week, then off to Dubai for 2 weeks, then in London working for 4 weeks, then off to St Tropez for 3 days and then back home. So excited can't wait :biggrin:
Original post by steveholt
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it means life-threatening illness.

:O
Sad times ><

Original post by For
I'm going Vegas for 4 weeks, then back home for a week, then off to Dubai for 2 weeks, then in London working for 4 weeks, then off to St Tropez for 3 days and then back home. So excited can't wait :biggrin:

LUCKY!! Where are you working in London?

Original post by Allie J
French Listening. I've got RE tomorrow and French Reading on Thursday and that's it for this week :smile:

COME ON WEEKEND!!!

LOL!
Apparently some people found the French listening paper really difficult><

Quick Reply

Latest