The Student Room Group

Its a tad early, but what are you doing this Summer hols?

Scroll to see replies

I didn't realise how long summer is going to be for me. I thought uni would finish about the same time as school but it is less than a month until I finish now. Im going to Salou, magaluf and St Tropez but that still leaves me 3 months with nothing on.
Reply 21
Teaching horseriding for a children's camp in the USA! SO excited, spent all last summer working in order to travel this summer :biggrin:
Reply 22
Going to Tunisia with friends for a week, a four day camping trip, going Latitude and then going Ireland for my grandparents 60th Wedding anniversary. Can't wait. :tongue:
Cuba and Costa Rica in June
France in July
Greece in August
Original post by roxyqueen2
Teaching horseriding for a children's camp in the USA! SO excited, spent all last summer working in order to travel this summer :biggrin:

Wow! How did you manage to get a job at the camp? :biggrin:

Original post by Loveuraliens
I am moving to Germany in the beginning of June so my summer will be general Au pairing aka taking care of the kids, just getting over culture shock and travelling all around Germany.
Hopefully visiting UK in the end of the summer to see some friends.

Why are you moving to Germany?! :biggrin:
Thats really cool - being an Au Pair xDD

Original post by TattyBoJangles
- Going to Amsterdam with my boyfriend.
- Going on a road trip to France with 3 friends.
- My birthday :biggrin: So partying.
- Job hunting :frown:
- Qualify as a football referee.
- Sort out my Gap Year more. If it all sorted then I can book my flights.
- Revise for my UKCAT again and start re-writing my personal statement (yaaaay).

LUCKY XD
Why "again" for UKCAT? D:
And good luck!
Reply 25
Southeast Asia, wooohoooo! 6 weeks, can't wait!
Original post by nataliekwong
Well lucky you xD
Where about in france?

Near Nice.
This thread is making me really jealous of people going abroad. My parents are going New York, my sister is going Edinburgh and I have no where to go.

Will hopefully be getting some work experience in film companies/projects. Taking more hours at work to save up some money for university. Going out with friends some more and getting round to painting and reading again (which has been on hold for what seems like ages due to coursework and exams). Not half as eventful as most you guys, you're so lucky.
Original post by MissBlueskys
This thread is making me really jealous of people going abroad. My parents are going New York, my sister is going Edinburgh and I have no where to go.

Will hopefully be getting some work experience in film companies/projects. Taking more hours at work to save up some money for university. Going out with friends some more and getting round to painting and reading again (which has been on hold for what seems like ages due to coursework and exams). Not half as eventful as most you guys, you're so lucky.

Well I'm spending the first half my summer holidays on tfl travelling to random places :P
Original post by nataliekwong

WOW.
That must have been expensive!
Are you guys going by Train?

It's a little pricey but we're staying in pretty cheap hostels to cut costs (naturally). Yeah we're going by train the whole way. We're staying up to 3 nights in some places (Berlin, Prague, Budapest) and just 1 or 2 nights in the rest. I actually just booked the hostels today as a matter of fact!
Wow all you lucky people travelling! :O I'm going to try and enjoy the summer before results *eek* and save up lotssss of money by attempting to find a second job....

Otherwise just chilling with friends in the beach, perhaps have a possible roadtrip around the UK (depends whether or not my friend passes her driving test! If not we'll have a road trip via trains!!! :P) before we go our separate ways for uni! (Such a depressing summer really - it's truely such a free summer where you have nothing to prepare for but at the same time you're in that state of limbo where you're like will you get in to uni or not!)
Working in London for a week and then interrailing alone around Eastern Europe for 3-4 weeks! Can't bloody wait! :biggrin:
going to barbados! :redface:
Gap month travelling around the states! Can't wait :smile:
Reply 34
Working a fair bit, going to see Le Mans 24 hours, music festivals, and *drum roll* Malia for 2 weeks with a group of about 2 dozen friends. Cannot wait :biggrin:
I'm going back to Spain for 4 weeks approx. and hopefully I'll spend one out of the 4 weeks at the beach with my family. From mid-June until september I'm gonna be aupairing in Dublin for the same family as last year :smile:
watch euro 2012 :tongue:
new york woop de woop :biggrin:
Reply 38
Original post by sophiemay20
Working in London for a week and then interrailing alone around Eastern Europe for 3-4 weeks! Can't bloody wait! :biggrin:

Nice :biggrin: I went interrailing (with a friend) last summer and it was amazing. You're right to pick Eastern Europe, it was the best bit of our trip. I should really organise to go travelling alone a bit, I think it'd be awesome.

I'm going around Europe in my van this summer. Picking some friends up in Switzerland and then going on to Croatia with them and going sailing. Can't wait!

Then job applications/sorting my life out/finding somewhere to live :frown:
Working and drinking my sorrows away due to post-exam failure.

Quick Reply

Latest