The Student Room Group

Its a tad early, but what are you doing this Summer hols?

Scroll to see replies

I'm going to Zante with my friends early June then I don't know what I'm going to do after that. Might try get a job, probably will go somewhere with the family too. Hopefully see some old friends. A long summer too... last exam is May 28th so I have from then till Oct when I start uni...
Original post by f1mad
That's a secret.

:ninja:

LOL
Original post by nataliekwong
Wow! How did you manage to get a job at the camp? :biggrin:

Went through Camp Counselors USA (CCUSA). Needless to say, it's taken a LOT of application forms since christmas!
Two weeks in Kos with friends... then dissertation prep starts :frown:
Reply 104
going on holiday to wales with family and girlfriend, then working on the farm (I'm a farmhand), then doing work experience in a lab, the working on the farm, then getting results, then working on the farm, then yr 13 :P
I'm going to L.A this summer. It's a fantastic city and can't wait to go back there! :biggrin:
Researching and maybe writing some of my dissertation, applying for post graduate study (MA and PGCE), doing a TEFL course, doing some work experience, perhaps get a job, spending some time with family/friends/the boyfriend, maybe get a car or go on holiday (Ibiza, nothing confirmed) with my friend. Hopefully I'll get some scuba diving in - been too busy to do any recently :frown: It'll be a pretty busy Summer - but that's the way I like it :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Working at the Olympics, Henley Royal regatta, Cartier Polo and the Farnborough Airshow :biggrin:
Then holiday in Malia followed by an 'educational' trip to russia for a few weeks :smile:
Original post by roxyqueen2
Went through Camp Counselors USA (CCUSA). Needless to say, it's taken a LOT of application forms since christmas!

WOW XD
I'll try and apply next year...>< Doubt i'd be old enough though LOL

Original post by askew116
I'm going to L.A this summer. It's a fantastic city and can't wait to go back there! :biggrin:

LUCKY YOU!:biggrin:

Original post by Jennie027
Researching and maybe writing some of my dissertation, applying for post graduate study (MA and PGCE), doing a TEFL course, doing some work experience, perhaps get a job, spending some time with family/friends/the boyfriend, maybe get a car or go on holiday (Ibiza, nothing confirmed) with my friend. Hopefully I'll get some scuba diving in - been too busy to do any recently :frown: It'll be a pretty busy Summer - but that's the way I like it :smile:

...that sounds REALLY busy!

Original post by calumsteele1
Working at the Olympics, Henley Royal regatta, Cartier Polo and the Farnborough Airshow :biggrin:
Then holiday in Malia followed by an 'educational' trip to russia for a few weeks :smile:

I wanted to help out at the Olympics! But i'd probably get really lost and then that wont be much help :P

Are you going to Malia as part of a school trip?
Hopefully I'll have a job, and my boyfriend and I are thinking of looking for a last-minute deal abroad somewhere. Nothing very exciting, really!

I wanted to help out at the Olympics! But i'd probably get really lost and then that wont be much help :P

Are you going to Malia as part of a school trip?

aye i probably will to but £9.75 an hour to stand around looking pretty and telling people where the toilette is, cant argue with that :P

ho ho ho, no chance :tongue: just there for the sun, sex and hopefully no suspicious parents :rolleyes:
Most of all working at my summer job, but also going to Pulpit Rock outside of Stavanger, Norway. Possibly going for a weekend to Barcelona as well, if we find any cheap flights :smile:
...that sounds REALLY busy!

I like to keep busy :smile: It's all things I want to do as well so it's not too bad! My Summer lasts from May until September, so I have time to do everything. I love the satisfaction of being organised and getting things done.
Greece! Anyone have any recommendations?
Going backpacking around Thailand/Laos/Cambodia and hopefully a bit of Northern Vietnam for 2 months

Having a last crack at passing my driving test (before resigning myself to public transport forever)

A few days in a yet unconfirmed location with my friend post-exams, hopefully Amsterdam/Rome

Applying for a journalism MA, seeing as I can't cope with university being over forever :frown:
Original post by Jennie027
I like to keep busy :smile: It's all things I want to do as well so it's not too bad! My Summer lasts from May until September, so I have time to do everything. I love the satisfaction of being organised and getting things done.

How comes your summer starts in May?! LUCKY YOU!!
OCD XD

Original post by Skriblerier
Most of all working at my summer job, but also going to Pulpit Rock outside of Stavanger, Norway. Possibly going for a weekend to Barcelona as well, if we find any cheap flights :smile:

Where are you working - as part of your summer job?

Original post by calumsteele1
aye i probably will to but £9.75 an hour to stand around looking pretty and telling people where the toilette is, cant argue with that :P

ho ho ho, no chance :tongue: just there for the sun, sex and hopefully no suspicious parents :rolleyes:

Thats a pretty good wage! >< I WANT TO GO NOW DAMMIT.
LOL, least it wont rain..xD

Original post by gee_shakedown
Going backpacking around Thailand/Laos/Cambodia and hopefully a bit of Northern Vietnam for 2 months

Having a last crack at passing my driving test (before resigning myself to public transport forever)

A few days in a yet unconfirmed location with my friend post-exams, hopefully Amsterdam/Rome

Applying for a journalism MA, seeing as I can't cope with university being over forever :frown:

LOL, my dads a driving examiner>< hes so scary - my dad tells me that by the time i pass my driving test, i'll be driving hovercrafts..
a masters in journalism? what did you do for your degree?
Hopefully Amsterdam if I can get the money together.
Other than that practising my German and Italian, drinking, couch surfing so I don't have to spend too much time at home with the rents and drinking.
Reply 117
Malia for a week with my mates on the 17th july :smile: cant wait
First off,it's my 18th on July 15 so I will be celebrating that :biggrin: woo!
Then I will be collecting my A-Level results :biggrin: ..wooo!
I will also have to pre-revise (Don't ask,I'm a nerd at times..) for the 2 extra AS levels I need to continue on to full A-Levels in Year 14.

I last went abroad 4 years ago, and won't be going this year either. So expensive :tongue: Me, my boyfriend, brother and mum may be wandering off camping somewhere in Devon for a week. Otherwise, I will be working. I may take up extra hours or a second job to make as much money as I can whilst I have the free time :ahee:
Reply 119
Tenerife for 2 Weeks, then hitting up a certain emirate begining with D :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest