Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Oh my god what have I done eeeek!

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've just entered the Brighton Marathon next year (2013)

I'm very nervous. I've done half marathons but a marathon is a completely different kettle of fish

SCARED!
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wow well done on signing up!! How are you planning to train for it??
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well done I'm cycling to brighton with BHF on the 17th June. Cycling is easier than running though, good luck!
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well done! If you've done half marathons you obviously have the motivation to work hard towards it. Great to hear it, all the best! You should keep us updated! Progress blog?? :woo:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    no need to be scared ,just eat right,work out hard to make sure u're in gud shape.then i guess with diligence,u're gud to go
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone

Training umm I don't know yet. Any tips anyone? Would be very much appreciated.

I've searched on the internet and there is sooooooo much info about how the best way to train is I just don't know where to begin. Fitting training in with work and study will be difficult as well but running a marathon is one of those things that I have always wanted to do 'one day'....cliche I know....I want to make 'one day' today haha.

Anyone with experience please post your advice.

I might start a blog, doubt anyone would read it though lol, but it sounds like a good idea
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puddingandpie)
    Thanks everyone

Training umm I don't know yet. Any tips anyone? Would be very much appreciated.

I've searched on the internet and there is sooooooo much info about how the best way to train is I just don't know where to begin. Fitting training in with work and study will be difficult as well but running a marathon is one of those things that I have always wanted to do 'one day'....cliche I know....I want to make 'one day' today haha.

Anyone with experience please post your advice.

I might start a blog, doubt anyone would read it though lol, but it sounds like a good idea
    A lot of us find the blogs keep us motivated - telling people something good that you've done feels great, having to admit to being lazy isn't Although followers can be pretty good pick-me-ups! I'll follow you and I'm sure other will.

Why don't you have a look through the blogs and see if anyone is working towards similar goals? You could follow them and maybe discuss the progress

All I can say about fitting things in, is to schedule everything. If I don't plan to do something, I find it very hard to make time for it. But if I plan the best way to fit everything in, it seems to work easily and you feel like you have more time to get organized.

Anyway, I've never done anything like this so couldn't possibly advise you. But you sound excited so I'm sure you'll keep focus. Best of luck, feel free to direct us to your blog if you make one!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    before you do the marathon make sure you can do at least 20 miles

trust me on the day when everyone is running and crowds cheering you feel like you could run 50 miles so the last 6 miles should be easy enough

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

peace
    out
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    heyy OP Congrats! yeh just read tons of blogs and increase the training. and keep practicing as often as possible.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Nah, I'm kidding. Well done for signing up and I wish to all the best with your training - why not keep a marathon training log up here so we can see how you are getting on?

Any charity you are running for?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What did you do to enter? As in can you sign up as a personal runner and go around houses collecting money (for a charity of your choice), or do you have to be registered/sponsored by a charity to do the collecting and hence running?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Someone-Like-You-)
    What did you do to enter? As in can you sign up as a personal runner and go around houses collecting money (for a charity of your choice), or do you have to be registered/sponsored by a charity to do the collecting and hence running?
    I looked on their website and they have 'early bird' registration i.e. a limited number of first come first serve places so I thought I'd sign up.

I may raise money for charity, it would be nice to and if you have your own place you can raise as little or as much as you like.

I think it's becoming quite a popular marathon so maybe in the future it will just go straight to ballot. Hopefully not though, I hate ballots lol.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I looked on their website and they have 'early bird' registration i.e. a limited number of first come first serve places so I thought I'd sign up.

I may raise money for charity, it would be nice to and if you have your own place you can raise as little or as much as you like.

I think it's becoming quite a popular marathon so maybe in the future it will just go straight to ballot. Hopefully not though, I hate ballots lol.
    Do you have a link? I want to try and do a marathon, best of luck with yours!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://brightonmarathon.co.uk/

good luck
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've just entered the Brighton Marathon next year (2013)

I'm very nervous. I've done half marathons but a marathon is a completely different kettle of fish

SCARED!
    Strong username to thread content ratio.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 18, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.