Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What Is The Most Annoying TV Character?

Announcements Posted on
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    What is your least favourite/most hated/most annoying TV character - they can be real or a cartoon.

I don't have a number one, but the top three for me are probably between Lisa Simpson from The Simpsons, Ben Mitchell from Eastenders or Rachel Berry from Glee.

• 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    What, Lisa's one of the best characters.

I hate Rose and Sun from Lost
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elisha-Cuthbert-as-Kim-Bauer-24-16699360-501-600.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	142452

Kim Bauer. I'm rewatching Season One of 24 and all she seems to do is get into trouble, get into more trouble and get other people into trouble.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Every candidate on the apprentice.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NuckingFut)
    Every candidate on the apprentice.
    They're not characters though.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Actually thinking about it, I find that Martha from Doctor Who grated on my nerves...the whole "I-love-him-if-only-he-knew" thing is seriously aggravating.

Name:	MissMarthaSmithJones.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	176.3 KB 
ID:	142453

I also thought Angela Hunter from Green Wing was worthy of inhuman execution for being a dic*.

Name:	green_wing_angela.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	142454
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bill from True Blood is ****ing annoying. All he seems to say is "Soookiee" with his boring, monotone voice.

I agree with Lisa, but I think the show needs her to balance out the awesomeness of Homer & Bart...

The bloke who hosts that money programme (can't remember what it's called) where people go into a bank safe & try to win money.... The guy with the grey hair even though he's probably only like 30. He pisses me off. He makes so many mistakes and thinks he's so cool with his fake grey hair. Grrr

Also the girl that (used to be/still is) on T4. The mixed race girl, also thinks she is hilarious and alternative but in fact is the opposite.

You might say these are not characters but I refuse to believe these people are as annoying in real life as they are on TV and therefore must be acting.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    It has to be Ben Mitchell.

He's just one of those characters you want to fly kick to the face.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by o Rebecca o)
    They're not characters though.
    You mean they're really like that? :eek:

lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rose Tyler

Name:	rose.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	142461
    I'll admit Billie Piper was kind of cute in the role but she just acts like a cow to Mickey, Sarah Jane, Martha, her own mum and The Doctor.

Donovan from Sherlock

Name:	Sally_Donovan.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	142462
    But I think she is supposed to be annoying.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sherry Palmer from 24. Had to wait 3 seasons for her to die!!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory :mad:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steezy)
    Bill from True Blood is ****ing annoying. All he seems to say is "Soookiee" with his boring, monotone voice.

I agree with Lisa, but I think the show needs her to balance out the awesomeness of Homer & Bart...

The bloke who hosts that money programme (can't remember what it's called) where people go into a bank safe & try to win money.... The guy with the grey hair even though he's probably only like 30. He pisses me off. He makes so many mistakes and thinks he's so cool with his fake grey hair. Grrr

Also the girl that (used to be/still is) on T4. The mixed race girl, also thinks she is hilarious and alternative but in fact is the opposite.

You might say these are not characters but I refuse to believe these people are as annoying in real life as they are on TV and therefore must be acting.
    Totally agree with Bill from Ture Blood, his voice really gets on my nerves!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'd have to say Phoebe from Friends. Weird for the sake of being weird =/= funny. I don't think the show would have lost anything at all by cutting her character completely.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Serena Vanderwoodsen, Gossip Girl.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Marie and Skylar from Breaking Bad. I'm only in season 2, so maybe they'll grow on me yet, but ARRRGHHH.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Will from Glee. I know the show isn't meant to be 100% realistic, but he has no concept of reality and at times I think he's more messed up than the kids are (with the possible exception of Quinn). Also, he trivialises the problems of the kids (e.g. thinking everything can be solved with a song; teaching the kids all these life lessons that he can't even do himself). And did I mention he's a Spanish teacher who CAN'T SPEAK SPANISH? That was a terrible episode just for how completely ridiculous that was. I blame the writing more than Matthew Morrison's acting (although he's not completely innocent).

I'll put this one in spoilers because I don't know if the episode's aired in the UK yet.

Spoiler:
    Show
    So Karofsky attempts suicide and the kids are obviously upset, Kurt more than anyone else (By the way, his "You don't know how it feels to suffer" line to Quinn is an example of the show's abysmal writing, seeing as how Quinn is the most messed up character in the show). So Will gets the kids together and basically goes "Karofsky struggled with his sexuality, couldn't cope with being a bully, got outed in his new school and bullied and pushed over the edge and tried to commit suicide. I cheated on a Maths test in school and tried to commit suicide. We can relate". NO YOU CAN'T. It's one of the biggest amounts of bulls**t that Will's spoken in the series (except for possibly "Finn, you've taught me more than any other man I know, so will you be my best man?"...Will, do you NOT have friends? Finn's pretty screwed up too, you know, and he can't even cope with much at the moment either.)
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    They're not characters but the T4 presenters really get on my tits. They all think they are funny and cool but really they're just annoying hipsters.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexlduffy)
    Will from Glee. I know the show isn't meant to be 100% realistic, but he has no concept of reality and at times I think he's more messed up than the kids are (with the possible exception of Quinn). Also, he trivialises the problems of the kids (e.g. thinking everything can be solved with a song; teaching the kids all these life lessons that he can't even do himself). And did I mention he's a Spanish teacher who CAN'T SPEAK SPANISH? That was a terrible episode just for how completely ridiculous that was. I blame the writing more than Matthew Morrison's acting (although he's not completely innocent).

I'll put this one in spoilers because I don't know if the episode's aired in the UK yet.

Spoiler:
    Show
    So Karofsky attempts suicide and the kids are obviously upset, Kurt more than anyone else (By the way, his "You don't know how it feels to suffer" line to Quinn is an example of the show's abysmal writing, seeing as how Quinn is the most messed up character in the show). So Will gets the kids together and basically goes "Karofsky struggled with his sexuality, couldn't cope with being a bully, got outed in his new school and bullied and pushed over the edge and tried to commit suicide. I cheated on a Maths test in school and tried to commit suicide. We can relate". NO YOU CAN'T. It's one of the biggest amounts of bulls**t that Will's spoken in the series (except for possibly "Finn, you've taught me more than any other man I know, so will you be my best man?"...Will, do you NOT have friends? Finn's pretty screwed up too, you know, and he can't even cope with much at the moment either.)
    What one is he again??

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 18, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.