Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2012 Formula One Bahrain GP

Announcements Posted on
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marc Fiorano)
    Yeah I know what you mean.

If you haven't tried already, play around with the throttle saturation settings for your wheel maybe that might help.
    Ah ok, I will! Didn't think of that, I didn't even know you could adjust the difficulty of the AI, fuel, tyre deg, or any of that so this thread has been awesome!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marc Fiorano)
    Do you use a wheel? If using a controller then with the TC off it's very difficult, you can't apply the throttle smoothly enough to prevent the spin.
    TC off with a controller is easy. All thats needed is to use the analog stick for applying throttle and you can be much much smoother. Its more difficult using trigger buttons, but doable.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1Addict)
    TC off with a controller is easy. All thats needed is to use the analog stick for applying throttle and you can be much much smoother. Its more difficult using trigger buttons, but doable.
    Oh really? Never tried accelerating using the analogue stick, will give that a go!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I spat my tea out on this one:

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Boyfriend had me book the 24th and 25th off May off work for a trip but wouldn't tell me where we were going. Then yesterday he decided that he does need to tell me so that I know what to pack... Turns out we're going to Monte Carlo. x billions!
    • 75 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lib)
    Boyfriend had me book the 24th and 25th off May off work for a trip but wouldn't tell me where we were going. Then yesterday he decided that he does need to tell me so that I know what to pack... Turns out we're going to Monte Carlo. x billions!
    Nice.

Also, guessing if you go to a race then you get pit/paddock passes as well?

If you do then you have to try and subtly attack Martin Brundle on the gridwalk.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Nice.

Also, guessing if you go to a race then you get pit/paddock passes as well?

If you do then you have to try and subtly attack Martin Brundle on the gridwalk.
    Probably just be getting regular grandstand seats for Saturday and then watch the race in a bar. Paddock passes will depend on how busy the team hospitality is, so won't be holding my breath! And even then it wouldn't be grid access, so the best I could probably do is trying to trip him up around the back of the garage if he happened to pass.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Sauber confirms Chelsea FC partnership"

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/99268

Knew it; that "Out Of The Blue" sponsor was too obvious.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Giftpack from Unilever today; VO5 shampoo, Vaseline moisturiser, Sure deordourant, Simple eye make-up remover and Dove shower gel (the boys got different stuff!). Turns out that I actually use more of their products than I thought!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    http://www.f1today.net/en/news/kimi-...ob-not-my-life

Epic Iceman.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    nothings changed then
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    nothings changed then
    nope.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Stupid rain...
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:

Updated FW.

Might be due to the camera being so close up but, the nose looks quite a bit larger.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lib)
    Any idea why GRO was asked to do the 2 days of testing and not KR?

I get the feeling Boullier is pulling all his weight behind GRO.
    • 75 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f1mad)

I reckon they're just giving the rookie more mileage comparing to the world champion.

On one hand he gets more mileage and becomes a better driver with more experience but on the other hand maybe the world champion would give better feedback?

*Realises i'm talking about KR*

Nvm, GRO probs gives better feedback already...
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I reckon they're just giving the rookie more mileage comparing to the world champion.

On one hand he gets more mileage and becomes a better driver with more experience but on the other hand maybe the world champion would give better feedback?

New floor under the gearbox, on the Merc:

Something to do with the diffuser methinks.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see the brake duct vane detail in that picture as well.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f1mad)

We're using the same driver because we've got a lot of stuff to test and we want consistancy over the short time that we've actually got to test (aside from putting Jerome in the first day so that he's been in the car in case we need to run him, but then the weather forecast was always shocking...) As for why they picked Romain over Kimi... Best guess is to give him more mileage and work on his tyre management.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

Kimi very definitely gives feedback when he doesn't like something! But joking aside, from what I've heard there's no complaints on that front from the race engineers.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 4, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered motorsport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.