Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

supporting england at the euros

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness. Vote and debate in all of the group finals from now to Saturday evening! 15-07-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Because West Ham are the Barca of Greater London?
    i don't really follow west ham anymore tbh. i like barcelona in club football for the same reasons i support spain.

(Original post by walterwhite123)
    Funny how you've chosen the best team in the world to support rather than England.
    why is it funny? serious football fans appreciate the beautiful triangular passing game spain play. most england fans wouldn't get this.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by west ham athletico)
    i don't really follow west ham anymore tbh. i like barcelona in club football for the same reasons i support spain.

why is it funny? serious football fans appreciate the beautiful triangular passing game spain play. most england fans wouldn't get this.
    I just find it very strange full stop that someone would actively support a country they're not from.

But funny how you chose the best team in the world and not Slovakia isn't it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just find it very strange full stop that someone would actively support a country they're not from.

But funny how you chose the best team in the world and not Slovakia isn't it?
    Do slovakia play beautiful triangular football?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What really made you choose to support the current European and World Cup champions Spain?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why do you support West Ham if your sole basis for enjoying football is that it's beautiful?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What really made you choose to support the current European and World Cup champions Spain?
    you wouldn't understand mate, it's a football thing.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    you wouldn't understand mate, it's a football thing.
    Funny that. I always thought football was about supporting a team and sticking with them, not choosing the one who wins the most.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Funny that. I always thought football was about supporting a team and sticking with them, not choosing the one who wins the most.
    i appreciate the game of football. whoever plays the best brand of football with pride and passion i will follow, regardless of what they win. having your team win world cups and euros is an added bonus.

anyway, i've only ever followed two clubs and two countries, so i'm hardly hopping around glory hunting.

have you seen barcelona and spain play walter? it would bring a tear to your eye if you have the football brain to understand what is happening.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    ITT: OP is a glory supporter.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i appreciate the game of football. whoever plays the best brand of football with pride and passion i will follow, regardless of what they win. having your team win world cups and euros is an added bonus.

anyway, i've only ever followed two clubs and two countries, so i'm hardly hopping around glory hunting.

have you seen barcelona and spain play walter? it would bring a tear to your eye if you have the football brain to understand what is happening.
    Oh please. I can appreciate good football, but I don't go abandoning the teams I support just because they don't play what others call great football.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Personally, i won't be taking too much of an interest in how England do in the euros. My reasoning for this is that the press hypes up England's hopes for a major tournament, and then they produce the same rubbish for the last decade or so.

With each manager, i expect to see something different about england, but then, when it gets to the usually nitty gritty part of the tournament, England fail to show any bottle, and revert to their usual style, which ultimately fails.

Don't get me wrong, i'd love it in England won the Euro's. But if we fail horribly in the summer, then there is an automatic urgency to revamp and alter the style, blood more youth for WC 2014 (although this has been stated countless times by the FA yet i still see no slight progress).

To be honest, i'll be rooting for any underdogs to win the Euro's, a team that will bring fresh air to the tournament, similar to that of South Korea in 2002, or Greece in 2004.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    anyone finding it hard to get excited about england at the euros? it's just non stop disappointment with them. i'll be following spain this year as i have previous tournaments. better football and a philosophy you can respect. my friends give me an awful hard time over this, especially when i wear the shirt on match day. anyone else in the same boat?
    People like you make me sick. You are not Spanish, you have no right to support Spain. It doesn't matter if you respect them or not, I respect alot of different teams but I don't support them. The only reason you support Spain is because of the glory! No matter how much you want to, you will NEVER EVER EVER be Spanish!

SHAME ON YOU, YOU'RE A DISGRACE!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh please. I can appreciate good football, but I don't go abandoning the teams I support just because they don't play what others call great football.
    then you do not truly understand football.

anyway, enjoy seeing england getting three 0-0 results in the group stages and rooney having his inevitable meltdown.

I will be watching my Iberian heroes make art on the pitch.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    then you do not truly understand football.

anyway, enjoy seeing england getting three 0-0 results in the group stages and rooney having his inevitable meltdown.

I will be watching my Iberian heroes make art on the pitch.
    I bet you can't even speak a word of Spanish. You are supposed to follow your own country and have faith, Spain went through alot of unluckiness too but their fans stood by them and now they're the best in the world. What if another country becomes world best, plays the best football and Spain start to fail? I bet you would jump ship yet AGAIN!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Doggfather)
    People like you make me sick. You are not Spanish, you have no right to support Spain. It doesn't matter if you respect them or not, I respect alot of different teams but I don't support them. The only reason you support Spain is because of the glory! No matter how much you want to, you will NEVER EVER EVER be Spanish!

SHAME ON YOU, YOU'RE A DISGRACE!
    can you read? i said my great grandfather worked in spain.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    anyway, my great grandfather worked in spain so i have more claim to their national identity than most i suppose.
    That is the most laughable claim to Spanish heritage I've ever heard. My great great great great great great great great great great great great grandfather could've been a shoe polisher in Russia, does that mean I can have nationalist pride for that country? Do you think students who go off to spend 6 months in Africa to volunteer means they can call themselves African?

Face it, you're a glory hunter and nothing more. Once Spain start doing badly and the next big team rolls round and starts winning all the trophies, then we'll see where your loyalty drifts to next. Did you give two ****s about Spain when they were like England and could never make it past the quarter finals every tournament? Don't forget England managed to beat Spain 1-0 last year, so they can't be that rubbish a team.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Doggfather)
    I bet you can't even speak a word of Spanish. You are supposed to follow your own country and have faith, Spain went through alot of unluckiness too but their fans stood by them and now they're the best in the world. What if another country becomes world best, plays the best football and Spain start to fail? I bet you would jump ship yet AGAIN!
    que usted necesita para calmarse.

never. i am a spanish football fan until i die.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    i'm just fed up with the heartache tbh. spain are such a beautiful team, with players that you can respect. i wear a spanish jersey with pride now. threw out my england shirt a few years ago.

anyway, my great grandfather worked in spain so i have more claim to their national identity than most i suppose.
    You sound really thick, are you about 12?

Fed up with heartache = A glory-seeker

The great grandfather thing is just so retarded, like saying going on holiday to Spain every year gives you a claim to their national identity.

I will be supporting England as its my country.

I would actually say it's really ****ing weird to NOT support your own country to be honest :dontknow:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    sensing a lot of hostility here. this is the kind of thing us spanish fans have to put up with, being the best team the world has ever seen.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I will support England as always.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 22, 2012
New on TSR

Which unis have the poshest students?

See what students perceive to be the classiest establishments in Britain

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.