The Student Room Group

Ex girlfriend started texting me???

My ex gf and I were together for 2 years when I noticed she started acting coldly towards me and distancing herself. She didn't talk to me like she use to and she stopped laughing at my jokes. I would ask her about this and she would make up stupid excuses.

Well one day I pressed her for an answer and she told me several things like

"I'm confused" and when I asked about what I got very inconsistent answers from her.

Now she had started talking to this other guy around this time. I noticed something strange because every time we talked on the phone she would be quiet on me because she was busy talking to this guy on instant message. I'd say things to her and it was like she couldn't even hear me. And then she'd burst out laughing randomly at something I knew obviously that guy had said to her..

One day she told me that she didn't know if she likes this new guy more than she should. I was alarmed and devastated but stupid me...I blew it off.

Well, one day I come home and I notice that I am locked out of our house. I proceed to call her but she doesn't answer the phone and I start getting frustrated and finally she texts me "hold on I'm about to talk to you..."

I looked inside the house and lo and behold....the new guy she had become friends with was there. It was like a punch in the stomach...

I angrily asked her why she had locked me out and all she said was "I don't want you and him on the same property".

Well, long story short she kicks me out and starts a relationship with this new guy. She would tell me that she didn't love me anymore and was in love with him.

So a few weeks go by of no contact. I avoid my ex and she doesn't talk to me. She un adds me on facebook and yahoo messenger and basically drops me. End of story, right? Wrong.

Several weeks after all of this happened and she started a relationship with this new guy....I get a text from her asking me how I am doing. I was very confused and just replied with "i'm good". She will continue to text me that almost every night asking me the same question. "How are you doing?". She is confusing me.

I just respond with "good, you?" and she says "I'm good...glad to hear you are doing good". And a few times she has even asked me to hang out. I don't know what she is up to...

Well she texted me on easter and told me that she had no one to celebrate with and that easter would suck for her. I was stupid and told her that she could text me if she was lonely... her response was "awwww...I'm so dumb". I asked her why she was dumb and she said "for dropping you". So the next few days continue like this where she texts me asking me whats up. She is still in a relationship with this other guy and though she said they are sorta having problems...she still loves him and is with him. Well today she texted me and hinted at me that her and her bf had just got done having sex.

Really? I have no idea why she felt she had to tell me that. I haven't heard from her since. I don't know what's up..why is she acting friendly towards me? She still seems happy with her new guy.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Been there, done that. Ignore her, she's messing you around.
Reply 2
Sounds like it's not all rosy with this new guy. Don't text her back, you can't trust her now.
Reply 3
She's the type that's in a perpetual state of window shopping. Avoid like the plague.
Dude. Bitches be crazy. Steer well clear.

Sounds like a classic case of her thinking the "grass is greener".
ignor her?
Reply 6
Original post by Tokyoround
Dude. Bitches be crazy. Steer well clear.

And look to guys instead, amirite?
Reply 7
Allow the bitch and go occupy your time with something useful like playing football or playing guitar.
Reply 8
This is an easy one. Continuing on with what everyone has said. Ignore her
Have sex with her. Then cut her off afterwards.
The same as everyone else has said, ignore her.
She is doing this to mess with your head, it seems to me as if she likes the idea of being in a relationship with someone but 'window shopping' for other men as such.
She was with you, but wanted him, she is with him and now acts as if she wants you.
She has a case of 'wanting what she can't have.'
Reply 11
Actually tbh sleeping with her then blowing her off sounds like a fun alternative.
**** her and then forget her.
insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Three ways this can go:

You take her back and she does exactly the same thing to you again later down the line.
You ignore her and get on with life.
You take advantage but don't become emotionally attached.
Reply 14
Yahoo Messenger?
Reply 15
Tell the horrible woman to leave you alone, so long as she doesn't have any of your stuff...
Reply 16
Dude just stop all contact with her....move on you'll meet someone better.
Politely make her aware that you are unable to 'hang out' with her again as her face has become rather offensive and that looking at her could prove injurious to your health and well-being.
I've been through it and it's not as easy as many people above make it sound, i.e. it's difficult to just say "stop bothering me". What I did at the time was to get her back and make the other guy feel the pain, but after a little I saw it was just no longer the same. At that point I ended the story. Can't tell you if it was right or wrong, but it surely felt good to hear about how devastated the other guy now was. Not nice, but very human.
Original post by Arekkusu
Yahoo Messenger?

Glad I'm not the only one who WTF at that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending