Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Train2Game

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview with Train2Game on Thursday about applying for a games testing course. The interviewer is going to come to my house, has anyone done this before and does anyone know what type of questions they will ask?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Royale)
    I have an interview with Train2Game on Thursday about applying for a games testing course. The interviewer is going to come to my house, has anyone done this before and does anyone know what type of questions they will ask?
    If you do about of googling you can find quite a bit about Train2Game and their 'interviews'.

Bear in mind that the 'interviewer' may be, in fact, a salesman - I wouldn't sign anything while he's in your house.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Game testing course? I never heard of a course to become a game tester, to my knowledge - you apply directly to a gaming developer or join an agency. All you do is play their game 50-100 times then write a detailed report..hardly need a course for it.

Game testing is almost always used as a job to open the door to do 3d art, programming, game design etc.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Doing the course will not put you in any better position.
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Royale)
    A waste of money. All their resources are available online, and the people who are on the course only say good things about it because they'd look like idiots after spending £5000 on a course that isn't recognised in industry.

I don't know why you'd even need a course to do games testing to be honest: most companies test internally in their dev department. They will come to your house and pressure you to sign the forms as they have with everyone else. :/

All in all: if you're really interested have a look at options that aren't going to cost you so much money and give you very little help. Message some game companies and ask them what sort of experience or qualifications they look for. Good luck
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really need to start a company that sells expensive ****ty courses. Students seem to lap these up.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leighcakes)
    A waste of money. All their resources are available online, and the people who are on the course only say good things about it because they'd look like idiots after spending £5000 on a course that isn't recognised in industry.

I don't know why you'd even need a course to do games testing to be honest: most companies test internally in their dev department. They will come to your house and pressure you to sign the forms as they have with everyone else. :/

All in all: if you're really interested have a look at options that aren't going to cost you so much money and give you very little help. Message some game companies and ask them what sort of experience or qualifications they look for. Good luck
    I cancelled the meeting anyway when I found out how much they money ask for, I didn't trust the guy on the phone, he kept calling like 3 times a day and seemed a bit shady and desperate.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matty919)
    I really need to start a company that sells expensive ****ty courses. Students seem to lap these up.
    Lol I wouldn't have even bothered if I knew the price of the course.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 21, 2012
New on TSR

Vote for your favourite Christmas film

Win a bundle of Xmas DVDs

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered IT and Technology Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.