Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    3&4
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    They all look amazing and I love watching the VS fashion show BUT I did read somewhere recently that they don't eat solid food for a week before the show and have no liquids for like 24/48 hours before to 'dry out'! I'd still love to have a body like some of them on a 'normal' day though but that is extreme!
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nomes89)
    Lol I wish, too short for that I haven't been prepping for 10 years, it's more a case of I've been chubby and out of shape since then compared to all my skinny limbed peers at the time (I started getting hips etc at that age) so I've always been striving to look slimmer. It's only in the past few months I've become more focused and specific about achieving a particular look.
    Ohhh!! :/ I was quite excited for a second there... that I know a future supermodel :jive: !!! :sign:

Ohhh... LOL me too have always been a bit on the chubby size since I was small.... really got focused recntly and hit the gym srsly!!!

(Although tbf I dont think height has anyting to do with modelling its more of face and physique I guess)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hay.hay)
    They all look amazing and I love watching the VS fashion show BUT I did read somewhere recently that they don't eat solid food for a week before the show and have no liquids for like 24/48 hours before to 'dry out'! I'd still love to have a body like some of them on a 'normal' day though but that is extreme!
    Tbh I don't intend on following their regime and I certainly don't think it's the only way to get a body like that. Apparently Ms Lima does boxing and body weight exercises in preparation but personally I prefer HIIT on the treadmill and weights (both free and machine) along with a good diet. I'm not too far off losing the last bit of fat off my stomach so that is my goal now, that and shaping up my legs.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    All similar.. but agree with 2 and 4
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikstar95)
    Ohhh!! :/ I was quite excited for a second there... that I know a future supermodel :jive: !!! :sign:

Ohhh... LOL me too have always been a bit on the chubby size since I was small.... really got focused recntly and hit the gym srsly!!!

(Although tbf I dont think height has anyting to do with modelling its more of face and physique I guess)
    Hows your progress been?

It's very rare to get a model below 5'7 though as you generally have to be 5'8+ for catwalk catalogue and agencies would get only a very limited use of models otherwise. Otherwise I'd be well in there
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wow from your pictures you definitely didn't look bottom heavy so that's a good thing right? I have the big butt 'problem' too (I'm also black)
    75% of black women have the big butt problem (including myself). Yes I'm smaller which is why it is not that obvious but I still have the same problems most black women with big butts have when buying jeans and skirts. (In fact I am two size bigger on bottom than I am on top despite the weight loss)

(Original post by doggyfizzel)
    I never said anything about a man or steroids:confused: I just don't see why a man would want a muscular girl, muscular and feminine are kind of at odds with one another. Nothing wrong with not just a bag of bones, but the words defined and toned are usually applied to women rather than muscular.
    Ok maybe I misunderstood your comment but what would you define as too much? As I think what I'm trying to say is that I don't agree with your definition of too much. In other words a woman looks great with some definition as long as they don't look like they take steriods
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrisateen)
    Ok maybe I misunderstood your comment but what would you define as too much? As I think what I'm trying to say is that I don't agree with your definition of too much. In other words a woman looks great with some definition as long as they don't look like they take steriods
    Urrm for me personally the cross over from bikini/underwear model figure into fitness model territory is too much. I can't speak for the whole male population though.
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hows your progress been?

It's very rare to get a model below 5'7 though as you generally have to be 5'8+ for catwalk catalogue and agencies would get only a very limited use of models otherwise. Otherwise I'd be well in there
    Slow... I guess!!! The problem was that I had my A-level exams and was almost in a dormant state for at least 2-3 months so I put on quite alot of weight !!!

Wen I started off I lost alot of weight now its just stable... so I'm planning to go a bit further and maybe try HIIT Hopefully can lose a bit of this fat!!!!
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    They all look damn fine if you ask me :dontknow:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrisateen)
    75% of black women have the big butt problem (including myself). Yes I'm smaller which is why it is not that obvious but I still have the same problems most black women with big butts have when buying jeans and skirts. (In fact I am two size bigger on bottom than I am on top despite the weight loss)
    I don't bother with jeans by and large because they're such a pain. I used to obsess about the butt thing but I'm growing to accept it and actually I get complimented on it a fair bit so I guess it's not all bad.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Slow... I guess!!! The problem was that I had my A-level exams and was almost in a dormant state for at least 2-3 months so I put on quite alot of weight !!!

Wen I started off I lost alot of weight now its just stable... so I'm planning to go a bit further and maybe try HIIT Hopefully can lose a bit of this fat!!!!
    That's a shame, know what you mean about exams. When all my uni deadlines were coming up my gym routine was all messed up and I didn't see any results. HIIT is really good though, try cranking up the speed slightly week by week - if you're dripping with sweat each session you know you're onto a winner lol.
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's a shame, know what you mean about exams. When all my uni deadlines were coming up my gym routine was all messed up and I didn't see any results. HIIT is really good though, try cranking up the speed slightly week by week - if you're dripping with sweat each session you know you're onto a winner lol.
    HAHA!! LOL!!! will keep that tip in mind !!!

Yep... exams really mess up your system!!

BTW wich uni wer you at?? Wich course??
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    HAHA!! LOL!!! will keep that tip in mind !!!

Yep... exams really mess up your system!!

BTW wich uni wer you at?? Wich course??
    I'm in my first year studying Fashion Buying at Westminster. What are you looking to study at uni?
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my first year studying Fashion Buying at Westminster. What are you looking to study at uni?
    I'm gonna do my Bachelors in business admiinistration (BBA) from Bath (already firmed for this sept )

Ohhh!! thats good... I have 2 elder sisters who are both doing fashion designing
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    All are good.
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna do my Bachelors in business admiinistration (BBA) from Bath (already firmed for this sept )

Ohhh!! thats good... I have 2 elder sisters who are both doing fashion designing
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

Yeah I enjoy it, it's actually quite fun

It's also good motivation to stay in shape because nearly everyone in my class is really skinny lol.
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I enjoy it, it's actually quite fun

It's also good motivation to stay in shape because nearly everyone in my class is really skinny lol.
    HAHA!!!

BTW do u also maintain your diet while exercising?? if yes then what kind of a diet do you follow??

I struggle a lot with my diet!!

Thankz!!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 18, 2012
New on TSR

THE world university rankings 2014-2015 revealed

Will they affect your uni choices?

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.