Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which body is better??

Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nomes89)
    Yeah I enjoy it, it's actually quite fun

It's also good motivation to stay in shape because nearly everyone in my class is really skinny lol.
    HAHA!!!

BTW do u also maintain your diet while exercising?? if yes then what kind of a diet do you follow??

I struggle a lot with my diet!!

Thankz!!
    • 55 followers

ReputationRep:
    All too skinny for my taste!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking to reduce my body fat and get some definition. I find looking at pictures for inspiration really helps for motivation so I'm wondering which body you guys think is best?? I deliberately picked picks which I think are possible to attain baring in mind my own body shape.

Attachment 142486

Attachment 142487

Attachment 142488

Attachment 142489

Attachment 142490

Let me know what you think.
    1 is probably a tad to muscular. 2-5 are all very nice. Although 5 doesn't look as curvy as 2-4.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrisateen)
    I prefer number 1 because she has the most muscle definition out of all of them. Even still none of them represent my ideal body type. I prefer bodies like these...

Attachment 142536 Attachment 142537
    Plus why is everyone so against a woman looking a bit more lean and muscular (within reason - in other words not looking like a man)?
    hnnnngggg I prefer these to any in the op

women who lift weights, are in shape and take care of themselves = hot as ****

jamie eason looks best when she's softer and not dieting down for a contest imo, when she's in contest shape she's too ripped and vascular
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    3 is ideal. The others could pass for post-operative, such is their lack of a discernible hip-to-waist ratio.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think the 2nd one is the best closely followed by the 4th one,
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrisateen)
    I prefer number 1 because she has the most muscle definition out of all of them. Even still none of them represent my ideal body type. I prefer bodies like these...

Attachment 142536 Attachment 142537
    Plus why is everyone so against a woman looking a bit more lean and muscular (within reason - in other words not looking like a man)?
    Am I the only person who thinks that Jamie Eason doesn't look attractive at all? While I respect the work she's put into achieving that, I think she's too built and would much prefer a VS model body because I guess I think it looks more graceful.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikstar95)
    HAHA!!!

BTW do u also maintain your diet while exercising?? if yes then what kind of a diet do you follow??

I struggle a lot with my diet!!

Thankz!!
    Yeah I have to have a good diet while I'm exercising to continue the weight loss and most importantly to lose that fat and get those all important abs (not quite there yet).
    Typical day:

I don't have breakfast. I know it's bad practice but firstly I'm almost never hungry in the morning and secondly I just don't have the time.

Lunch right now consists of fruit and a small-medium sized handful of peanuts and/or pistachios.

Dinner will be a large plate of mixed veg (e.g broccoli, cauliflower and carrots) and lots of chicken. I may add a couple of boiled eggs to that or have them as a snack with 1/4 tin of baked beans if I feel a bit peckish after dinner.

I'll have a number of cups of tea with no sugar and a bit of semi skimmed milk throughout the day. I'll snack on nuts if I'm ever feeling peckish.

It's important for me that every 7th day I have a 'normal' day and treat myself maybe to some fries and ice cream or chocolate so that my body doesn't go into starvation mode and halt my progress (it's worked for me so far).

At first I found ditching carbs and sweet stuff hard but after a couple of weeks I don't crave it at all and I feel fully satisfied on what I eat (because I also enjoy the food I eat) and have a very busy lifestyle which includes gym three times a week. It's not for everyone but it's working for me fine.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Rouge*)
    Am I the only person who thinks that Jamie Eason doesn't look attractive at all? While I respect the work she's put into achieving that, I think she's too built and would much prefer a VS model body because I guess I think it looks more graceful.
    I don't think you are in the minority (actually I think that most women and men don't like women who look like they lift quite a bit) just that you will always get some people (like me) who would disagree. I just prefer the athletic, slightly muscular but lean look (without looking like I'm on steroids)
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I pick the first picture.
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I have to have a good diet while I'm exercising to continue the weight loss and most importantly to lose that fat and get those all important abs (not quite there yet).
    Typical day:

I don't have breakfast. I know it's bad practice but firstly I'm almost never hungry in the morning and secondly I just don't have the time.

Lunch right now consists of fruit and a small-medium sized handful of peanuts and/or pistachios.

Dinner will be a large plate of mixed veg (e.g broccoli, cauliflower and carrots) and lots of chicken. I may add a couple of boiled eggs to that or have them as a snack with 1/4 tin of baked beans if I feel a bit peckish after dinner.

I'll have a number of cups of tea with no sugar and a bit of semi skimmed milk throughout the day. I'll snack on nuts if I'm ever feeling peckish.

It's important for me that every 7th day I have a 'normal' day and treat myself maybe to some fries and ice cream or chocolate so that my body doesn't go into starvation mode and halt my progress (it's worked for me so far).

At first I found ditching carbs and sweet stuff hard but after a couple of weeks I don't crave it at all and I feel fully satisfied on what I eat (because I also enjoy the food I eat) and have a very busy lifestyle which includes gym three times a week. It's not for everyone but it's working for me fine.
    WOW!!! Thats a pretty unique diet!!!! :top:

Although I'm a big breakfast eater .... i tend to skip lunch so maybe that will compensate for each other!!! .... BTW aren't nuts supposed to be fattening??? :eyeball:

Thankz for the info... maybe I'll tweak it a bit and use it !!!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cheers, I thought that 1 was probably more muscular than I'd like to get.

And yes they're all very similar...apart from 3, it's the same person - Adriana Lima- but just with slightly different levels of definition (to my eye anyway).
    If you achieve anything like a body like hers, you'd look pretty incredible
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    2 and 5!! the rest look really skinny
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikstar95)
    WOW!!! Thats a pretty unique diet!!!! :top:

Although I'm a big breakfast eater .... i tend to skip lunch so maybe that will compensate for each other!!! .... BTW aren't nuts supposed to be fattening??? :eyeball:

Thankz for the info... maybe I'll tweak it a bit and use it !!!
    Hey whatever works for you, tailor it to your own eating pattern and you'll be more successful. Only change it if it's really not working.

I get these emails and video blogs sent to me from these fitness experts and they say although nuts are high in fat, they're 'good fats' that your body needs and actually a lack of these fats means your body can stop burning fat efficiently. They're also quite high in protein and because of that, they fill you more than any starchy or grainy carb could so you end up eating less of it. I didn't believe it at first but it seems to be working out fine for me so far...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Number 2
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Number 2 it is! I'm having it as my wallpaper lol.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Number 2 it is! I'm having it as my wallpaper lol.
    Good choice!

None of this stick thin rubbish, a real man wants a girl with a proper figure
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1992LP)
    Good choice!

None of this stick thin rubbish, a real man wants a girl with a proper figure
    Good news :ahee:

I'll let you all know once I've got there - and I'm determined to do it lol.
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey whatever works for you, tailor it to your own eating pattern and you'll be more successful. Only change it if it's really not working.

I get these emails and video blogs sent to me from these fitness experts and they say although nuts are high in fat, they're 'good fats' that your body needs and actually a lack of these fats means your body can stop burning fat efficiently. They're also quite high in protein and because of that, they fill you more than any starchy or grainy carb could so you end up eating less of it. I didn't believe it at first but it seems to be working out fine for me so far...
    Ohh!!! :ta:

BTW wich nuts do you eat??? (google for some weird reason told me almonds are not nuts :hmmmm2:)

Hope u meet your target!! :dumbells:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 18, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.