Chelsea vs Barcelona 1st leg Hype & Discussion Thread

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea will fight, but Barcelona will come through unscathed

Chelsea 0- 4 Barcelona
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Close game tonight, either a draw or a goal either way then a 2 or 3 nil win for Barca in the second leg.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    3 for barca 1 for chelsea! theres no way ur winning either leg!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I hope Chelsea win forcing them to rest players for the away leg giving Arsenal an easier game on the weekend. Always thinking one step ahead...
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I at least hope for a decent match and a strong referee. Beyond that I couldn't really care less.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    3-1 to barce.no offence to any of you chelsea fans but you don't stand a chance against barca no one does really.but don't worry you will easily trash liver**** in the fa cup final!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    Yup. Back 6 of Valdes, Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Puyol and Busquets is fairly mediocre :yum:
    exactly could destroy them with one foot tied behind my back

no but seriously, the last three mentioned are overrated and i reckon drogba on his day could inflict some damage
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think this might get embarrassing seeing as the top english clubs have become poor since real/barcelona stole their best players, 1-4 to Barcelona.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    I at least hope for a decent match and a strong referee. Beyond that I couldn't really care less.
    unlikely, referees cower before barcelona, casually hand them penalties for no reason

# bring back Pierluigi Collina!
    • 24 followers

(Original post by Mistersjmcg)
    I think this might get embarrassing seeing as the top english clubs have become poor since real/barcelona stole their best players, 1-4 to Barcelona.
    lul wut
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Tough)
    exactly could destroy them with one foot tied behind my back

no but seriously, the last three mentioned are overrated and i reckon drogba on his day could inflict some damage
    macherano,busquet,puyol.OVERATED ???? please tell me you were kidding or just a chelsea fan hyping your self up.:confused::confused::confused::confused:
    • 69 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Vader 7)
    I hope Chelsea win forcing them to rest players for the away leg giving Arsenal an easier game on the weekend. Always thinking one step ahead...
    If Arsenal are considering Newcastle as rivals for the last games of the season then you have to remember that we play Chelsea too within their period of 'busyness'.

But we have harder fixtures than you
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    lul wut
    In fairness:

Fabregas from Arsenal to Barcelona
    Ronaldo from Man Utd to Real Madrid
    Alonso from Liverpool for Real Madrid

Bale is being heavily linked to RM/Barca too.

That's some top drawer stuff going from England to Spain. Not sure about the stole comment seeing as they all went for signficant money..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea to win 1-0. They key will be to prevent an away goal
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Unless they lose by 4 or 5 goals, I can't see them resting players. After the Napoli result, they will believe they can come back with a result and no one is going to throw in the towel in the semi-final of the champions league - doubt the senior players would allow it.
    • 24 followers

(Original post by Zerforax)
    In fairness:

Fabregas from Arsenal to Barcelona
    Ronaldo from Man Utd to Real Madrid
    Alonso from Liverpool for Real Madrid

Bale is being heavily linked to RM/Barca too.

That's some top drawer stuff going from England to Spain. Not sure about the stole comment seeing as they all went for signficant money..
    Apart from Ronaldo, let us not forget where Fabregas' and Alonso's roots were in the first place. Most would argue Fabregas was stolen from Barca. And I don't see any home grown talent in England going to Spain as such.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Unless they lose by 4 or 5 goals, I can't see them resting players. After the Napoli result, they will believe they can come back with a result and no one is going to throw in the towel in the semi-final of the champions league - doubt the senior players would allow it.
    Unless who loses by 4-5 goals?

Napoli and Barcelona are completely different oppositions.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    Apart from Ronaldo, let us not forget where Fabregas' and Alonso's roots were in the first place. Most would argue Fabregas was stolen from Barca. And I don't see any home grown talent in England going to Spain as such.
    Alonso was from the Basque region, so if anything shouldn't have gone to Real Madrid (since they are hated).

Was just making a point that 3 players, who were arguably the best or among the best for their English teams, made the move across to Spain, which made the top2 in Spain stronger and the English clubs weaker.

Tbfh, very few British players leave England.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Unless who loses by 4-5 goals?

Napoli and Barcelona are completely different oppositions.
    Lol I can't see Barca losing by 4 or 5 goals

They are but as a team would you give up? I think it would take Abramovich's influence, him to say forget the CL and get top4 for CL next season - otherwise a strong team will go out in the 2nd leg in the minor and potentially vain hope of making the final.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have the odds for a Messi hat-trick?

Always worth a cheeky £3 bet if the odds are right.
Updated: April 23, 2012
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football match discussion threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.