Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any models here?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently putting together a portfolio and was wondering if any of you could give me advice as to how to get in the industry once it's complete?

I'd be happy doing anything from catalogue modelling to underwear model or anything
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hahahah :laugh:

like there'd be many models on TSR :stupid:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well I like to sometimes make Chemistry hydrocarbon Models, does that count?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Average_Aaron)
    I'm currently putting together a portfolio and was wondering if any of you could give me advice as to how to get in the industry once it's complete?

I'd be happy doing anything from catalogue modelling to underwear model or anything
    Nice try
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by y.yousef)
    Well I like to sometimes make Chemistry hydrocarbon Models, does that count?
    ahhahahaha
    in that case my mathematical models should be counted too
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by math1234)
    ahhahahaha
    in that case my mathematical models should be counted too
    I guess we're probably the hottest guys in TSR then. :sexface:
    We do ALOT of modelling. :hubba:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ra Ra Ra)
    Nice try
    problem, officer?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The easiest way is if you know someone who is already a model and would be willing to refer you to their agency. It'd be rather hard to do so otherwise, because most rely pretty heavily on finding you rather than you finding them.

Do you really want to model? Can't be that fun, sitting around at photoshoots for hours on end.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    www.google.co.uk
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I advise you not to think about being a model. Here are my two main reasons

1. Underwear Model = Homosexual

2. Every 'Aaron' person I have met have all been ugly. My statistics does not lie so you must be ugly too.

Save yourself the rejection and do not apply for modelling vacancies
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I cant believe people who 'aspire' to be a model :lol: Fair enough if you're scouted, but to have the belief that you are visually pleasing and unique enough to get paid for your looks, and then to actively try to make it happen, is just...lol.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I guess we're probably the hottest guys in TSR then. :sexface:
    We do ALOT of modelling. :hubba:
    is your hydrocarbon model comfortable to do underwear modelling
    mine said no (too shy...too shy) lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Average_Aaron)

I'm surprised no ones asked this yet...

Pictures or it didn't happen. :ninjagirl:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm a model for Asian Babes. The writers originally wanted Konnie Huq, but I managed to persuade them to go with me instead.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milesofsea)
    I cant believe people who 'aspire' to be a model :lol: Fair enough if you're scouted, but to have the belief that you are visually pleasing and unique enough to get paid for your looks, and then to actively try to make it happen, is just...lol.
    I'm not sure how it's all that different to thinking you're so good at computing that you can get paid for writing code, for example. It's a bit of an odd one because looks are a quality that involves so much ego, but I don't think a person should necessarily be made to feel bad if they're trying to give an accurate assessment of themselves.

Then there's the fact that a model I know earns £300 per hour and get a stupid amount of free clothing and all sorts of special treatment, without any sort of qualifications, which strikes me as a pretty damn good idea if you can use that to save up a load of money before going into a more permanent career.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopefulFutureMedic)
    Hahahah :laugh:

like there'd be many models on TSR :stupid:
    Guess you're right. Bunch of jelly haters ITT
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    is your hydrocarbon model comfortable to do underwear modelling
    mine said no (too shy...too shy) lol
    LOL :rofl:

Well mine is really confident it won't have a nervous break down, because it's a really strong model, because of the double bondings.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milesofsea)
    Because looks, unlike computing skills, can't be valued objectively. If a person is mathematically gifted or has worked bloody hard to be so, they are undeniably 'good' at it - it's objective and qualified.
    If someone thinks they're good looking, and then, not in an acceptable 'im happy with my looks' way, but in a 'damn I should be PAID for my beautiful face!' way (as opposed to being scouted), they are fundamentally a massive narcissist.
    Not only that, but they might or might not even be good looking; what makes someone good looking is vastly subjective. So its laughable, exactly because egos are involved in something that cannot be measured (unlike mathematical ability).

Gawping for a camera, unlike computing, doesn't involve brains or talent or hard work; it's an easy way to make lots of money (as you've shown in your example of your friend).
    The fool who is willing to pay a model extortionately for gawping at a camera is quite free to; its his business and his money. However, to aspire to be a model, a person commits a double crime; thinking he is good looking enough (whether he is or isn't is besides the point, the ego is the culprit), AND going after easy money rather than working hard for something that might benefit others or even his own mind.

Both qualities, the ego and the laziness, aren't something to be admired imo. Sure, if someone said to me 'come model and I'll pay you loads and your uni debts will disappear' I might say yes. The difference is, my ego didn't drive me, and it wouldn't be permanent because thats what my degree and my hard work was for.
    You've made an awful lot of assumptions that you haven't backed up. As a mathematician, I'd say good looks are a quality much easier to pin down than mathematical talent. Almost anyone can tell you whether a person is attractive or not - very few can tell you whether a person is a gifted mathematician. If a person is aware of the fact that the way they look is what modelling agencies are looking for (which actually isn't the same thing as just 'being good looking') why shouldn't they go for it? Frankly, I've made far more money than I've deserved simply by having a natural talent for mathematics and never really working at it. How is this any different? The idea that our society rewards hard work is mostly nonsense. It rewards talent and connections.

I know it's irritating that people can earn money so easily, but you can't blame the people who decide to take money which is easy for them to make - blame those offering the money in the first place, and by extension the public that values aesthetics so highly that they'll fund an industry where people can make a fortune from having a nice face.

Furthermore, what's wrong with your ego driving you to do something? I'm struggling to imagine a person can do well in any job if they don't believe they have the fundamental talent for it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    LOL :rofl:

Well mine is really confident it won't have a nervous break down, because it's a really strong model, because of the double bondings.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SNN11BORAT-280_612344a%u00255B1%5D.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	142497
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SNN11BORAT-280_612344a%u00255B1%5D.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	142497
    Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwww :puke:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm a, and I am deeply disturbed by this image, you should have atleast put in in a spoiler :puppyeyes:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 18, 2013
New on TSR

Join the Welcome Squad

Become a part of the TSR team!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.