The Student Room Group

I really can't decide and now I'm worried. (Will hopefully be studying psychology.)

Poll

Your preference?

Right, I've received conditional offers from the following to study psychology:
Staffordshire University
Edge Hill University
The University of Hull
Anglia Ruskin University
Teesside University

And I've been trying to decide between The University of Hull and Anglia Ruskin University in regard to my firm and insurance reply. Anglia Ruskin University was possibly going to be my firm, however I'm most familiar with The University of Hull, as I attended one of the Aimhigher summer schools there. But would prefer to live in Cambridge (Anglia Ruskin University) as opposed to Hull. (I also had a preference towards Teesside University.)

But now after reading about some negative views of Anglia Ruskin University, I'm starting to panic slightly. And I'm not sure whether to completely decline because apparently the teaching is really poor etc.

Therefore I'm really unsure about what to do now because I don't have much time left, and I'm starting to reconsider each university.

So basically if anyone is in the same situation/is already studying at any of the choices I have/or have already studied at any, I would be really grateful if you had any advice or opinions?
I apologise if this doesn't quite make sense, I'm just really rather anxious. Thank you for reading!
Reply 1
There are negative views about a lot of universities on the internet, particularly ones that aren't considered 'prestigious'. At the end of the day you will be the one living and studying there for 3 years so you want to be somewhere you want to go, not where anyone else thinks is best. It seems to me that you want to put Anglia Ruskin as your firm so do that, and put a uni you would be happy to go to for your insurance too.
I have no experience of the psychology department so it might be a completely different kettle of fish, but I've been very impressed with the teaching standards at ARU over the past three years.
without even having read your reasoning first, i knew it was Anglia Ruskin. the town must be amazing to live in as a student, even if you don't study at one of the University of Cambridge colleges. i've only spent time in Cambridge last year on a summer course, but it was just amazing. and you know what they say, haters gon' hate, potatoes gon' potate. a lot more attractive than Hull if you ask me, so go for it! :smile:
Apart from Cambridge, these are all pretty dire places to be to be fair.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending