Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Shaving or Waxing for Men?

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering what would be more suitable for an 18 year old. Its either shaving or waxing. The only problem i have with shaving is that the hair on my chest will grow thicker and faster whereas waxing pull the hair from the roots, so I'm not too sure.:confused:

Which is preferable?

Also which products would you recommend?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i really dont recomend waxing it hurts like a ****er! as for shaving well its easier sure but as you said it gives the appearence of coming back thicker and darker, actually a myth though :P
    you could try hair removal cream? i found veet works quite well or failing that electric shavers are quite good
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Creaming.

Nivea do a whole range, i've never tried on my torso but I sampled on my arm and neck and it works well and cleanly.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    Neither.

Also, the assertion that shaving causes hair to grow back thicker is entirely false. It probably originated as an excuse to get a pubescent to shave off their patchy looking neckbeard.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Waxing if you're a spartan, cus that **** hurts like hell. But very effective.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Neither, you're a man aren't you?! Keep that **** on!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Great advice Guys!

I'll definitely try the hair removal cream some people mentioned.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanLorenzo)
    Waxing if you're a spartan, cus that **** hurts like hell. But very effective.
    Depends on how long the hair is. I had my short leg hair waxed once and it was nice and pleasant and did not hurt as much as I thought it would. Khhht...aww! Enjoyed it.

Apart from that I shave once a week. Feels good. I am an American Football player and hence do it for sporty reasons.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    As girl, i keep on saying to my male friends that they should wax their facial hair as it reduces chances of cutting their skin and darkening of the skin. No one listens to me though.lol.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 22, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.