Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BBC(3) using your licence fee to pay for rich/spoilt/lazy kids' round the world trips

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    On right now on BBC Three is a program called 'Young, Dumb and Living Off Mum'.

If I really did hear this right, the premise is that a bunch of annoying and arrogant young adults who have no jobs, rich parents who pay for everything, and do nothing all day are put into a house together on the equivalent of Jobseekers Allowance.

At the end, one is decided that they are now ready to be an adult and wins a paid-for trip around the world.

Yes.

I imagine the 38 people in Britain who pay their licence fee is unhappy about this.

Wikipedia says this is the third series. So three rich kids have been rewarded with a round-the-world trip they could've already had (or even have done before).

Perhaps it's time the vilification moved away from those legitimately on benefits to **** like this.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Its called entertainment, actors get a wage, these guys get a trip, chill out seriously.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    We pay for entertainment, what's the problem? Its actually a pretty entertaining show I'd rather fund that than The One Show. Besides, when you average it out, I probably won't miss the 0.0001p it cost me personally (OK it doesn't cost me anything because I don't pay the TV license, but still)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smithsmith)
    Its called entertainment, actors get a wage, these guys get a trip, chill out seriously.
    Dude calm down, you're going crazy all of a sudden.

Your logic is weird.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well if people are watching it, then so what?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought there was a new one. When I saw the title of the thread.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    boring as hell.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    The BBC do much, much, much worse things with your licence fee, don't worry.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No worse than the average 'give me 'charity' money so I can have a laugh in Africa under the pretense that I'm doing something altruistic and helping the natives'.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't mind the show but the world trip does piss me off though.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    Meh, standard fare for reality TV entertainment.

That said, it is a pretty good 'larf' watching these bumbling idiots amble around.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 137 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought you were talking about a 4th series lol
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Nahhh, that's nothing compared to Jamie's Dream School on Channel 4. Now THAT made me angry
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nonotrly)

If I really did hear this right, the premise is that a bunch of annoying and arrogant young adults who have no jobs, rich parents who pay for everything, and do nothing all day are put into a house together on the equivalent of Jobseekers Allowance.

At the end, one is decided that they are now ready to be an adult and wins a paid-for trip around the world.

Yes.

I imagine the 38 people in Britain who pay their licence fee is unhappy about this.

Wikipedia says this is the third series. So three rich kids have been rewarded with a round-the-world trip they could've already had (or even have done before).

Perhaps it's time the vilification moved away from those legitimately on benefits to **** like this.
    Prizes won on BBC programmes have been paid for by the profits from BBC Enterprises/Worldwide, not the licence fee. YD&LOM is no exception.

Please think before you post such reactionary, ignorant and ill-thought-out statements.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    The BBC do much, much, much worse things with your licence fee, don't worry.
    Such as?

Those things that are expected of a worldwide broadcaster and that are often significantly cheaper than the commercial opposition?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nonotrly)

Yes.

Are they all "rich kids" then? They seemed a fairly ordinary (albeit lazy) bunch from the episode I saw.

Not clear what this programme is for though other than to be annoying.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AidanLunn)
    Please think before you post such reactionary, ignorant and ill-thought-out statements.
    Greg Dyke posts on the Student Room.

And he MEANS BUSINESS.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lol @ ppl who pay for tv licenses.

Proxy + PC = all the tv you want for free, and live tv and you won't get caught.

Until/if us students get rich and middle-aged there's no point in getting a tv because of this ridiculous tv license bill.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha, why am I getting neg reps for saying 'calm down' when the other guy was saying it first? Crazy kids.

(Original post by planetearth)
    Lol @ ppl who pay for tv licenses.

Proxy + PC = all the tv you want for free, and live tv and you won't get caught.

Until/if us students get rich and middle-aged there's no point in getting a tv because of this ridiculous tv license bill.
    That and there's nothing to watch that wasn't on a decade ago.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 18, 2012
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.