Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

PGCE: Choice dilemma

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I left it late to apply because I was thinking about other options (e.g. taking a year abroad) and now only one of my options still has vacancies. I'm about to graduate from Sheffield but both Sheffield and Hallam are full. My other option is Keele as it is close to my family home and would allow me to learn to drive and just get myself together. I don't really want to go to a completely new place where I don't know anybody, so should I just apply to Keele? Or should I go for my four choices?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it really depends how much you want to go to Keele and whether you would accept a place at another university that might not be close to home. If you're sure you wouldn't accept any other offers then it might be worth just applying to Keele and concentrating on that application.

You could always take a year out to and try again next year if you wanted to be able to apply to Sheffield and Hallam and have the full four choices. It would also give you time to learn to drive etc and maybe get some more experience to strengthen your application if you feel you need it. Although if you've decided against a year abroad etc, are keen to get started and are happy with Keele then I'd say go for it! Good luck

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 18, 2012
New on TSR

Single, dating or in a relationship?

Chat about your life and loves in our Relationships forum!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.