Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is this a scam? (Ebay, paypal issue)

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So I ordered something off ebay about a month ago and haven't received the item so I asked for a refund off the seller, they agreed but asked if I could send them my email address associated with my paypal account so they could refund me through their mum's paypal because they are having issues with theirs.

Can anything happen to my account if I give them my email?
    I'm aware they might just send me a scam email saying it has been deposited when it hasn't but I'd just have to check my bank to see. I don't understand why they would try to scam me when they have 400+ ratings, only 4 of which are negative and none are for the same reason.

I opened a case to deal with this, should I just esculate it and let ebay sort it or message back saying no her paypal only? What should I do TSR?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    They can't do anything funny with your email, don't worry.

With 400+ ratings I can only imagine they're telling the truth. They do need to know your email address so that they can refund you of course.

I would say that they can check your email but they would need to log in on their PayPal account, if it's acting up then they would need to ask for it to refund you.

Basically, seems legit!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No problem at all. Just log in to paypal once you get the e-mail to make sure it's in there.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks guys I've emailed her it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That sounds kind of fishy..

If you paid for you item with paypal, all he/she has to do is go on to their paypal account, look for the transaction and click on 'refund'.

Its that simple.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-K-J)
    That sounds kind of fishy..

If you paid for you item with paypal, all he/she has to do is go on to their paypal account, look for the transaction and click on 'refund'.

Its that simple.
    They are having problems with their paypal so need to use someone elses.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 22, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.