Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anybody else go to the effort of making a cup of tea/coffee, then forgetting it?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I do this constantly. So annoying! what a waste!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like tea to much to do this.

God, I love tea. In fact, I'm having a cup now. And then I'm going to have another after that. Heaven, for me, would be a big cup of tea, served to me by hot young lesbians. Hell would be a big bowl of coffee, served by Ken Livingstone in a dress.

God, I love tea.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Drink all the coffee!!!!!!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, when I do I just zap it in the microwave for a few seconds. Problem solved.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Same, I'm a major caffeine addict so I am forever making cups of coffee, then I get distracted, leave and come back and it's stone cold/grown a skin. So I make another, and it might even happen again!

You are totally not alone :five:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but it's when someone else has made it for me that I feel worst. It normally gets drunk by someone else before it gets cold though!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I have done it quite a few times, I have either go into doing work on computer so much that I forgot about it or playing games console, watching tv and forgetting, a couple of times I have drunk half of it meaning to drink the rest of it and forgetting then realising which by that time is too cold to drink, a couple of times also I think I have drunk it then realised I haven't.

I really like tea too, I can have a lot of mugs of tea in a day but at moment maybe only having one or two a day which I would prefer much more
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yes, my mum always does this. That's why I don't bother making her tea any more.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    no, but sometimes i forget that i haven't boiled the kettle and to my distress end up making myself a cold cup of tea
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like cold coffee so doing this just results in a pleasant suprise for me later on when I find I've left myself a lovely treat
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If its not in my eye line, then i will forget and not drink it. I have to see it, to remember.... :L
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I do. And I end up either drinking cold tea, or putting it in the microwave, because I don't want to throw it out!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Every. ****ing. Time.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! Except once my nana made me a cup of coffee but I forgot about it but I
    drank it cold so it wasn't rude to leave with the cup still full...

Eurgh.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    yes and then I feel like all that is good is gone on the world
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    As promised, I'm having another cuppa. It's like the ambrosia of the gods.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have been known to microwave cups of cold tea. :ninja:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've done it a few times and by the time I remember it's gone cold. Or other times I've boiled the kettle and I forget to actually make the tea .
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chibelta)
    I do this constantly. So annoying! what a waste!
    Put it in the microwave.

*take the spoon out first though!*
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nah, but sometimes I forget to actually put the kettle on and just pour cold water into my mug.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 18, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.