Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which network for 3G

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Getting my first real smartphone, so I want to make the right decision on which network to get it on....

I heard they all vary a lot in terms of 3G speeds, but can anyone tell me if this is really the case?

I might go onto orange, can anyone give their two cents on this network?

Thanks!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kermatz)
    Getting my first real smartphone, so I want to make the right decision on which network to get it on....

I heard they all vary a lot in terms of 3G speeds, but can anyone tell me if this is really the case?

Thanks!
    they are all crap and it depends all on location.. http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/search
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Have you considered how much data you will be using?

I think most networks no longer do unlimited data, although I think 3 still do so it may be worth looking at them. Not sure about the quality of the 3G though, I'm with Vodafone which is very good but expensive compared to similar deals on other networks.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kermatz)

Thanks!
    I've just transferred from Orange to GiffGaff (O2 network), and I have to say there's really not much (if any) difference in 3G speed OR coverage. Both offered my unlimited data, but with the latter i'm only paying a tenner a month...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 20, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.