The Student Room Group

Lowkey has left the music industry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dongonaeatu
Please youtube him now.

I might. Although I'm pretty content with my baby, Justin :colonhash:
Original post by ALazyThracian
You're the troll.

I go his album for £8.99 for 26 songs! That's amazing i also only paid £10 for his concert with extra guests i think there was around 10. Sure he needs money for production costs and stuff but hes hardly a money grabber is he? Drake tickets were selling for £100-£150 on ebay and his album sounds auto tuned to hell and all he talks about is fu*king woman....

I know who i would rather give money too. :smile:

I bought his album out of the guys hands, signed, backstage off a gig which we and my mates managed to sneaked into ( we had paid but were under 18, but actual lowkey and another guy let us through the back but then security kinda tried to chuck a load of younger people out so ran to toilets waited... then went up and met him :biggrin:) I think you replied to the wrong person. Anyway, so sad, But apparently he's on bigger tings. Big,as in, revolutionary. check the twitter. god bless
Original post by Miracle Day
I might. Although I'm pretty content with my baby, Justin :colonhash:

I have nothing against justin, but please remember lowkey is more than an artist. He is a revolutionist.
Reply 43
Oh look all the lowkey haters crawled out of there hole.

Im sad that he has decided to do this :frown: He's amazing and even better live!!! But he'll be back.

Bars for my brother is a deep track :frown: <3

I crawled out of it ages ago, not just now that he's decided to quit. I wish him luck down the road of studying nevertheless.
Reply 44
Original post by JCC-MGS
Not really the album was full of bait 'political' tunes (i.e. tunes about pretty much the same subject matter: Middle Eastern conflict, American imperialism ad infinitum) where he was just chanting questionable facts for almost two hours, it was a bloated vanity project

yeah i feel you on the bait tunes and played out subject matter but im saying the actual music wasnt bad, his emceeing itself was pretty good maybe not as raw as earlier but still good.
Reply 45
Sad. Very sad indeed. Although, props to him for wanting to pursue his education further! Hope the best for him, now i just cant wait till he next returns with some more amazingly inspiring music! :smile:
How did he make money for production and other stuff?
Reply 47
The only thing that's on my mind is... where and what is he studying?!
Original post by dongonaeatu
He is a revolutionist.

When exactly did he lead or take part in a revolution o.O There is a difference between a political activist and revolutionist -.-
Reply 49
Original post by arnoob
When exactly did he lead or take part in a revolution o.O There is a difference between a political activist and revolutionist -.-

To be of a political state of mind whereby you believe in, actively support and attempt to convince others of a certain ideology working within groups that are revolutionary - makes you a revolutionary.

It's a state of mind and ideology you idiot, what are you 12? You don't have to have successfully taken part in a ****ing revolution to be a revolutionist you mong
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Dirac Delta Function
Silence>crap music.

Ah yes, I forgot that insightful, eloquent lyrics were an essential element of 'crap music'. Oh, wait; they aren't.
Reply 51
To the guy who said "Silence>crap music"

Who the **** asked for your opinion anyway?

****>you>your mum
Original post by Dirac Delta Function
His genre actually. Maybe he's good amongst his circle, but that's like being the pretties toad.

The circles of rap in which Lowkey operated form a significant chunk of the poets of the 21st century. Simply delivering poetry to a beat doesn't reduce its lyrical value in any sense. Though judging from comments I've seen from you on various other topics it's fairly safe to assume that eloquence isn't a quality you value.
Reply 53
It's nice to see a guy who's actually broad-minded and intelligent, even if I don't agree with some of his views.
Reply 54
naah :frown:
What is he studying?
Original post by WTSFG
To be of a political state of mind whereby you believe in, actively support and attempt to convince others of a certain ideology working within groups that are revolutionary - makes you a revolutionary.

It's a state of mind and ideology you idiot, what are you 12? You don't have to have successfully taken part in a ****ing revolution to be a revolutionist you mong

What revolutionary groups does he work with then? Oh yes he doesn't -.- Take a chill pill, the fact that you have to resort to swearing shows how much of a 12 year old you are.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 57
:rofl2: @ lowkey fans getting SO worked up
You're the troll.

I go his album for £8.99 for 26 songs! That's amazing i also only paid £10 for his concert with extra guests i think there was around 10. Sure he needs money for production costs and stuff but hes hardly a money grabber is he? Drake tickets were selling for £100-£150 on ebay and his album sounds auto tuned to hell and all he talks about is fu*king woman....

I know who i would rather give money too. :smile:

If you had the opportunity to sell tickets at £100 and know that you'll sell out indefinitely, why would you sell them any cheaper. Dumb. If you scroll up people have been talking about his concerts, where the venue has been half empty. THAT'S why the tickets were £10.

And I don't even like drake much but he doesn't just rap about ****ing woman, you close minded ignortant person you know nothing about the music industry!
Good. Lowkey, Akala and others of the genre should stick to speech, journalism or poetry at a stretch. There's no artistic integrity in rapping your political views over some background music in such a belligerently obvious way. For me, it just doesn't make sense at all; it's music for people who don't like music except where X Factor chart crap is aimed at chavs, this kind is aimed at political enthusiasts.

Quick Reply

Latest