ok

He's not dead you fool.

Seems like it on here :wink:
Original post by 99luft Balons
RIP :frown:

Hahaha :smile: Well i wouldnt exactly use the words 'RIP'
But yeah..:redface:
Original post by de_monies
Well, he must have some friends or fundraisers or family or a sponsor etc... What's your point any way?

I was just intrigued to know how he made money for production costs and stuff ,thats all :rolleyes:
Not good news for UK rap. Im sure he knows exactly what hes doing and has thought about this properly. Im also sure when he comes back he will make better music
Reply 104
Original post by xTazx
Not sure how many Lowkey fans are here, but he just posted his moving away from his music career to focus on his studies.

After many months of contemplation I have decided to step away from music and concentrate on my studies. Maybe at some point I will get back into it again but at this stage I feel I should direct my energy in different, more helpful directions. The ego is a destructive thing and I feel this business and these social networks in particular have a tendency to feed it in an unhealthy way. I will be decactivating this page. Thank you for all those who have supported me over the years. See you on the other side people.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lowkey/14141524981

He was a big inspiration for myself and a lot of young people, and it'll be good to see what opportunities he saw to make a bigger difference to people than he already was.

I followed him more for his political cause rather than his music, however this was a brilliant vocal of one of my favourite instrumentals.

Original post by zKlown
I followed him more for his political cause rather than his music, however this was a brilliant vocal of one of my favourite instrumentals.

Honestly, that is probably the best song of any genre i've ever heard. So sick, especially when he gets to the bit; slobber on the mic like a sket giving head, and the burn like sulphurous so sick
Reply 106
Original post by shyamshah
Not good news for UK rap. Im sure he knows exactly what hes doing and has thought about this properly. Im also sure when he comes back he will make better music

Lowkey isn't really relevant to UK rap

He's really just his own cause, he uses music as a way of getting his message across. He only ever got backing from Charlie Sloth, no other big DJ promoted his work.

I would imagine there is a reason for his departure, he had a huge fanbase, maybe he started receiving threats for his personal safety? He was making movements.
Reply 107
Original post by dongonaeatu
Honestly, that is probably the best song of any genre i've ever heard. So sick, especially when he gets to the bit; slobber on the mic like a sket giving head, and the burn like sulphurous so sick

Not sure if being sarcastic?
Original post by zKlown
Not sure if being sarcastic?

no honestly lol. Been listening for the past month non stop. I think i prefer it to his fire in the booth, even though a lot of it is the same.
He's a good MC but way too overrated.
Original post by zKlown
Lowkey isn't really relevant to UK rap

He's really just his own cause, he uses music as a way of getting his message across. He only ever got backing from Charlie Sloth, no other big DJ promoted his work.

I would imagine there is a reason for his departure, he had a huge fanbase, maybe he started receiving threats for his personal safety? He was making movements.

I guess thats true, he set up the peoples army with Logic i think which also includes mic righteous and others. Yeah there must be a reason for him leaving but as well i'm sure he will be back.
Reply 111
Original post by I Persia I
He's a good MC but way too overrated.

I agree

He was good, but people go on like he was the best. His wordplay was on point and alot of his content was very good. But his fanbase is pathetically obsessed with him.
Original post by zKlown
I agree

He was good, but people go on like he was the best. His wordplay was on point and alot of his content was very good. But his fanbase is pathetically obsessed with him.

Yeah, he has a very, very obsessive fanbase which sort of spoils it for me tbh.
His gigs ended up being either young arab girls commenting about how handsome he is and how they want him to be their husbands completely missing the point or naive hood rats taking everything he says as gospel and leaving hating all western imperialism wearing their fresh Nikes.

Obv that's not the full description of his fans but from someone who's been to over 20 gigs with him performing it did get very trying.
Is he going off to spread more 9/11 trooferisms?

Tosser.
I like when he addressed little Chipmunk and shut him up.
Reply 116
Original post by legendstar
I like when he addressed little Chipmunk and shut him up.

Hardly shut him up, he went on to collaborate with Chris Brown and his album sold well. He then eventually got signed by T.I. and is now trying to make it in America.

I liked the diss track, but c'mon, don't go on like Chipmunk paid any attention to it. Lowkey is a political rapper and Chipmunk is a popstar who wants to make money. Different worlds.
Reply 117
at the end of the day we all have a life to get on with, so does kareem dennis so let him get on with it.
Original post by mel0n
Thank God for that. #stoplowkey2012

At least all of these confused teenagers will be able to educate themselves independently now instead of turning to Lowkey to provide them with a viewpoint to follow for every issue there is.

I'm sorry if his music is too intellectually taxing for you, but Lowkey is a great artist, with an overall message I think millions agree with. If you disagree with his viewpoints, why do you listen to them? I'm sorry to have to say this, but merely from the syntax in which you responded, it's obvious to me, you should have gone to study, not Lowkey. Not only that, but why are you even on this page, if you possess such a negative opinion of him? Seems you're either confused, or as I'm guessing, incompetent.
Original post by TheOnlyWise
I'm sorry if his music is too intellectually taxing for you, but Lowkey is a great artist, with an overall message I think millions agree with. If you disagree with his viewpoints, why do you listen to them? I'm sorry to have to say this, but merely from the syntax in which you responded, it's obvious to me, you should have gone to study, not Lowkey. Not only that, but why are you even on this page, if you possess such a negative opinion of him? Seems you're either confused, or as I'm guessing, incompetent.

Lowkey, is that you?

Lowkey has many problems. Chief amongst them is his desire to spread 9/11 trooferisms. Here's a 'rap' of his:

Lowkey 9/11 troofer rap
One day I was running from the truth,
To speed me up they gave me these shoes,
So tie my feet with Nike’s,
Tell me lies about the 11th of September,

It was the planes.
Not controlled demolition,
The BBC didn’t report the explosion of Building 7,
20 minutes before hand, on my television,
They found passport’s and plane flying manuals belonging to terrorists in the rubble.
That all makes perfect sense

How's that for syntax? Idiot.

Quick Reply

Latest