The Student Room Group

Edexcel Maths Linear March 2012 Higher Paper, Grade Boundaries?

Hiya Everyone, I was just wondering who else sat the maths linear paper on the 2nd and 5th March 2012. I know we get our results on Thursday, and the grade boundaries meant to be released the day before, so that means tomorrow, but i was just wondering if anyone knows how to access them or what time they will be announced. Quick replies would be appreciated.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi there, I get my results tommorow as well, I think you mean the 1380H exam? - the linear one, (that had the wierd question on the end about the pythagors with a and a+1 b & b+1 c & c+1?, and on the second paper the end question where you had the wierd equation and you had to find x? - I think thats the one your talking about?) -

well I was told ( NOT VERIFIED AS OF YET - but by my head of maths at my school) that the school gets the results tommorow, and meant to be released on thursday, but apparently the teachers are allowed to ask the examinations officer if they can have the results on wednesday, tommorow, hopefully I will be able to see my result tommorow at the end of school, because my head of maths has to show the headteacher (old + new, we got a new one) and then we can see our results maybe, but he doesn't know for sure, because he can only ask, but I'm sure we can all wait that one extra day :wink: -

well maybe not, I know I cant :smile:

but yeah, to access them: you might be able to ask your maths teacher about asking the examinations officer Tommorow instead of waiting for thursday, they will be announced normally in school on thursday, but they actually have them tommorow,

the boundaries, i'm not sure, but it's best to wait for the results first.

My source ( my maths teacher, is head of department and ex-edexcel examiner)

Sorry i wasn't quicker than 16 mins =/
Thank you very much eggman. I'm so scared to get my result. How do you think you got on? I seen the November paper in class before the exam, and i thought it was a lot harder, how about you?
Reply 3
well I mean edexcel (apparently) have been slated for making papers a lot easier over the years and thus that is why they put the last question in the first paper like that, but I think it wasn't that hard for a few, but still I'm not too sure :smile: - well I'm just happy I've got it over and done with, I would definitely 100% rather have done this test rather than the functional skills in June :smile: - I'm just waiting :smile: - don't be scared :smile: - it's okay :P - and well I'n not too sure about that cause I've never seen it :smile: -
Reply 4
Original post by nancyfitzsimons
Hiya Everyone, I was just wondering who else sat the maths linear paper on the 2nd and 5th March 2012. I know we get our results on Thursday, and the grade boundaries meant to be released the day before, so that means tomorrow, but i was just wondering if anyone knows how to access them or what time they will be announced. Quick replies would be appreciated.

They are
Foundation tier
C D E F G
153 124 95 67 39

Higher tier
A* A B C D E
158 124 90 56 36 26

They will be published here
http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Pages/grade-boundaries.aspx
Reply 5
Thanks for your response but, given that it hasnt been posted online yet, how do you know this is true?
Reply 6
Original post by gdunne42
They are
Foundation tier
C D E F G
153 124 95 67 39

Higher tier
A* A B C D E
158 124 90 56 36 26

They will be published here
http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Pages/grade-boundaries.aspx

Thanks for your response but given it isnt posted online yet, how do u know this is true?
Reply 7
Original post by Sugarcandy
Thanks for your response but given it isnt posted online yet, how do u know this is true?

It is online on the Edexcel site

There are other places where the information is posted that are not accessible to students
Reply 8
Original post by gdunne42
It is online on the Edexcel site

There are other places where the information is posted that are not accessible to students

So this is the grade boundaries for definite? :biggrin:
Reply 9
WOW the a star boundary is so low!!!
yeah i know :biggrin:
Reply 11
:') I was proper expecting around 180 for an A* :/ The test wasn't that horrible?
--anyways, good luck to everyone :biggrin:
Reply 12
OH WOW thanks man for the boundaries! :biggrin: - YES, cause in my class there was apparently 3 A*'s, and I know two but no one knows the third but I defo know I got over 80% so YES! HAPPY DAYS FOR ME!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 13
The non calculator was freeeking hard !! :P
Reply 15
If it really is 158 for an A*, then I think it's slightly stupid. I am happy I got an A* but it looks like a huge handful of other people got it too, it doesn't seem so special if it only requires 158/200 correct IMO.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 16
omg ty i need that c! 9 marks higher than novembers for a c so im really hoping :frown:
Reply 17
Original post by iJess
omg ty i need that c! 9 marks higher than novembers for a c so im really hoping :frown:

Goodluck :smile: i need to get 90 for a B !!
Reply 18
waheeey, maybe I do have a chance of getting my A*.
really was expecting an a* to be minimum 165ish.

oh god *fingerscrossed*

Goodluck everyone :smile:)
Original post by 1337
If it really is 158 for an A*, then I think it's slightly stupid. I am happy I got an A* but it looks like a huge handful of other people got it too, it doesn't seem so special if it only requires 158/200 correct IMO.

they calculate the grade boundaries so that a certain percentage of applicants recieve A*s, so there won't be loads of people getting A*s simply because the boundary is low many people probably missed it by a few marks

Quick Reply

Latest