The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by Sem193
I got 172 at AS and came out with an A* after completing the whole A level, despite only being taught half of the A2 course. Which other subjects do you study? The workload for Philosophy and Ethics is high and I felt overwhelmed at times, but if you keep up with the work and genuinely enjoy the course then I don't think you have anything to worry about :smile: You could still achieve an A overall by getting a B in your A2 Philosophy and Ethics modules. You'd have to get something like 74 in Philosophy and 73 in Ethics to achieve an A because you only need 147 more UMS marks :biggrin:

Why did I get negged for giving her advice?

Original post by OJC
I want to study medicine so I have to get an A in whichever, yay. What exam board did you do? I do MEI ocr which I think is quite different to the majority. I felt I had to work pretty hard at AS so i don't know how im going to cope with A2 but I still managed to get an A for AS. Thanks for all the advice though! :biggrin:

I studied OCR Maths. I've heard MEI OCR Maths is substantially harder so you may want to drop that. The topics at A2 in Philosophy and Ethics really interested me so I hope you enjoy them too if you carry on studying it. No problem. I know it's really hard to decide which subject you want to drop!

Latest

Trending

Trending