Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you could change one single thing about the UK, what would it be?

Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you had absolute power to choose a single political or sociological matter in the UK and change it, what would it be?

Bearing in mind it needs to be compliant with common human morals. I.e. You cannot harm anyone directly in the process, so something actually feasible and "does not come under the facist family of ideologies."

Thanks fire sale
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's not absolute power then.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Change FPTP to PR.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamimi)
    If you had absolute power to choose a single political or sociological matter in the UK and change it, what would it be?

Bearing in mind it needs to be compliant with common human morals. I.e. You cannot harm anyone directly in the process, so something actually feasible and not fascist.
    Do you even know what a fascist is?

Or are you one of the braindead, UAF simpletons who scream fascist at anybody who has an opposite viewpoint?

It wouldn't surprise me. There are so many pseudo-intellectuals here who think they're more intelligent than they are yet, when it comes down to it, lack the ability to come up with a single, original thought and just parrot everything they're told. Luckily, I am not one of those people. I haven't had my brain polluted by the media and by moronic television shows.

As for what I'd do, get rid of the democracy system since it's gotten Britain stuck in a rut of continuous poor governments since the British people are too stupid and idle to know what they want. They moan about the way the country is, yet lack the mentality to vote for someone different than Labour or Conservatives.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeffy)
    There are so many pseudo-intellectuals here who think they're more intelligent than they are
    Steady on mate this thread is for talking about what you'd change about the country, not for psychoanalysing yourself
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Offer a free and binding referendum on EU membership.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeffy)
    It wouldn't surprise me. There are so many pseudo-intellectuals here who think they're more intelligent than they are yet, when it comes down to it, lack the ability to come up with a single, original thought and just parrot everything they're told. Luckily, I am not one of those people. I haven't had my brain polluted by the media and by moronic television shows.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	london road.png 
Views:	173 
Size:	412.4 KB 
ID:	142678
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Remove the political elite's obsession with constitutional reform.
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisawhitmore)
    Offer a free and binding referendum on EU membership.
    This.
    I'm also assuming the Eurocrats would make us vote again if they didn't like our answer....
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Legalise the ganja
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamageddon)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	london road.png 
Views:	173 
Size:	412.4 KB 
ID:	142678
    I don't think I'm more intelligent than average. I know I'm more intelligent than average.

So much so that I often find myself dumbing things down into near-caveman talk so that the riff-raff who post here manage to understand it.

I am a true intellectual. My mind is captured by theological ideologies inside pieces of work such Atlas Shrugged whereas people such as yourself and 99% of the posters here, spend their time having their brains melted by watching the antics of whichever obviously scripted reality TV show is currently popular or mindless baying like over-excited chimps for attention in a mob of false tans and false bravados down at the local nightclub.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeffy)
    I don't think I'm more intelligent than average. I know I'm more intelligent than average.
    Okay, benefit of the doubt.
    So much so that I often find myself dumbing things down into near-caveman talk so that the riff-raff who post here manage to understand it.
    Okay.

I am a true intellectual.
    If you say so.

My mind is captured by theological ideologies inside pieces of work such Atlas Shrugged
    Nope. You were talking ****.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    The media.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Two things.

Fat people.
    Dressing like a slut.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Our immigration and migration policy, which would prioritise resident Britons for jobs and social housing. May also include a points system for the EU, which may require renegotiation of our relationship with the EU.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will Lucky)
    Change FPTP to PR.
    That won't matter. The Patriots determine who enters office and who doesn't.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Greater availability of loans to students.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hate speech legislation which punishes homophobia equally to racism
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was disappointed at your inclusion of the word 'feasible', as I wanted to give everyone superpowers.

I guess then, I'd like to change the education system so that it supported thought over memorisation. Things like being able to take textbooks into exams, having less time-constraints, and having questions on novel areas of study. There is no benefit to everyone learning how to memorise some facts, names and dates without an ounce of understanding.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Scrap all laws that make any kind of restrictions on the days or hours that a business can be open.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 4, 2012
New on TSR

'Stalking pages' have changed!

Find other uni applicants with University Connect

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.