Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best way to reduce weight

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    speed walking i heard is also very effective...much more easier than running. Also interval running is also good!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Eating less. Most results are purely diet based.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What about cycling?
    I have shin splits so i cant really run or walk for a very long time.
    Also WATER is VERY important if you wanna lose weight.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There is no better way then eating less.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Eat less, do more.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Eating less and exercising more. Seriously there's no shortcut to this you need to eat less calories and burn more doing cardio, speed walking is good but try running. If you are quite heavy you will find that just by changing your diet and eating more healthy along with doing exercise you will see the benefits of this fairly quickly. Good luck
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicatre)
    Eat less, do more.
    Wrong, eat less fullstop. Doing more requires eating more.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eff01)
    Eating less and exercising more. Seriously there's no shortcut to this you need to eat less calories and burn more doing cardio, speed walking is good but try running. If you are quite heavy you will find that just by changing your diet and eating more healthy along with doing exercise you will see the benefits of this fairly quickly. Good luck
    Wrong. Your telling me if he does a 3-5mile run each day he won't need a post workout meal after? If your aiming to lose weight the rule is eat less fullstop. Not excercise as well or go out your way otherwise allow yourself an extra allowance of calories to cover what you're burning in exercise.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    become a vegetarian, I did it for animal cruelty reasons and happened to drop down 2 sizes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    1) Eat less
    2) Exercise more
    3) Get out of your comfort zone
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e1usive)
    Wrong, eat less fullstop. Doing more requires eating more.
    and doing more can build muscle...

the best way to reduce weight is to starve oneself
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    and doing more can build muscle...

the best way to reduce weight is to starve oneself
    Doing more can build muscle? Impossibility to build muscle and lose weight at the same time. Leave the section if your unaware of what your saying.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by commonsensi)
    become a vegetarian, I did it for animal cruelty reasons and happened to drop down 2 sizes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why did this not happen to me! If anything I gained weight because everything veggie includes cheese (and I bloody love cheese) !
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Doing more can build muscle? Impossibility to build muscle and lose weight at the same time. Leave the section if your unaware of what your saying.
    You seem to have some good advice and be quite knowledgeable, would it be ok if I PM you with the specifics of my weight, height etc so you could give me some advice? I'd really appreciate it.. thank you either way!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deema)
    You seem to have some good advice and be quite knowledgeable, would it be ok if I PM you with the specifics of my weight, height etc so you could give me some advice? I'd really appreciate it.. thank you either way!
    Yeah no problem - I'm just revising right now so I'll respond soonish.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    herp derp

the point i'm making is that if you build muscle you gain weight... :dunce:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniroberts824)
    Why did this not happen to me! If anything I gained weight because everything veggie includes cheese (and I bloody love cheese) !
    Ahhhh that devil cheese. I am obsessed with mexican cheese and so I have to ration myself with it haha. As for meals, I mostly eat soups as it is already halfway digested, anddddd most of the time its full of veggies!!! (stay away from tinned food, harmful chemicals from what they coat the metal with to prevent rusting) I had to learn how to cook when i became veggie and i learnt loads of easy and cheap soup recipes, and started making loads of stir frys with lots of veg and soy sauce mmmmmm buy a vegetable squeezy stock, tastes sooo good. Also, fried vegetable tastes good with rice and soy sauce. And swap to seeded bread! So much healthier!!! and I know this sounds boring but it is sooo much better so eat lots of fruit when you are after munchies. YOU CAN DO IT, I AM SO PLEASED WITH THE RESULTS AND I WASNT EVEN INTENTIONALLY LOOSING WEIGHT
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does this really need to be asked? No wonder we are getting fatter.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plimsolls)
    Does this really need to be asked? No wonder we are getting fatter.
    Too much this.

There is no magic formula; if calories in < calories out you WILL lose weight, there should be a sticky with that simple concept alone.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The best way to lose weight is not eat anything that contains fat. I lost a stone in 9 days by exercising not eating anything with fat and drinking lots of water and smoothies.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 11, 2013
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.