Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best way to reduce weight

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Go jogging 3+ miles 2/3 times a week; eventually do some weight lifting; drink 4+ liters of water a day, and 1 as soon as you wake up; have a large breakfast (cereals with milk are great), have some carbohydrates for lunch, avoid fat, and for dinner grill a chicken breast, eat it with an unseasoned salad (just add a drop of oil), absolutely avoid carbs. And no alcohol. Every time I want to lose those 10 pounds I might have gained during busy times with bad food and no sport.. this does the trick in 2/3 weeks!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sjg)
    The best way to lose weight is not eat anything that contains fat. I lost a stone in 9 days by exercising not eating anything with fat and drinking lots of water and smoothies.
    Cutting fat from your diet will not make you lose weight if your calorie intake is still high. Whether or not you put on weight is all down to calories.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sjg)
    The best way to lose weight is not eat anything that contains fat. I lost a stone in 9 days by exercising not eating anything with fat and drinking lots of water and smoothies.
    A stone in 9 days? Were you morbidly obese or something, because that sounds very unhealthy.

It's also bad to completely rule out fats as they can be beneficial.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hafa)
    A stone in 9 days? Were you morbidly obese or something, because that sounds very unhealthy.

It's also bad to completely rule out fats as they can be beneficial.
    No I was 10 stone and 5f6 now 9 stone
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Start eating small low cal meals more frequently, 5-6 times a day instead of 3 big ones. This keeps you're metabolism high throughout the day. Eating less, and eating better foods is the obvious one, and add a little exercise into the equation. Don't listen to the guy who said don't exercise, sure you'll be hungry after a workout but time it so you finish your workout just before a scheduled meal or eat some fruit and protein afterwards. Losing weight requires a calorie deficit, starving yourself on no exercise works but it's unhealthy and defeats the whole object of losing weight in the first place, which is to be healthier right?
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Run a calorie deficit. It is as simple as that.

1. Do aerobic exercise , just get your heart rate between 50%-80% for over 15mins everyday atleast.

2. Eat less food, avoid high sugars, do not drink your calories (eat them)

3. Drink 3+ litres of water.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Here are the some best tips for weight loss.
    1. Firstly Balance your diet.
    2. Drink lots of water a day.
    3. Avoid junk food and eat more green vegetables.
    4. Eat high fibre food.
    5. Do regular exercise daily.

With all these tips you can also take green tea for reducing weight loss.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Coming from someone who made herself very miserable for some time through dieting, the best way for people who like eating to lose weight is to go jogging in the mornings. It sounds hellish, I know, but just go out for ten minutes to begin with. Get a slightly fitter friend to encourage you along, and slowly build yourself up. And don't be stupid and try to go for an hour every day come rain or shine, because you'll quickly grow to hate and resent it and give up. Little bits (I try doing about 25 minutes max) work far better, and set aside days to lie in. Personally, I found that soon the days I took off felt wasted. But more importantly, you then have the rest of the day to be endlessly smug to all the lesser mortals who took the extra fifteen minutes in bed, and feel more than morally justified having the last piece of cake.
    It works, trust me. I've just discovered I have hip bones.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamthecakefairy)
    Coming from someone who made herself very miserable for some time through dieting, the best way for people who like eating to lose weight is to go jogging in the mornings. It sounds hellish, I know, but just go out for ten minutes to begin with. Get a slightly fitter friend to encourage you along, and slowly build yourself up. And don't be stupid and try to go for an hour every day come rain or shine, because you'll quickly grow to hate and resent it and give up. Little bits (I try doing about 25 minutes max) work far better, and set aside days to lie in. Personally, I found that soon the days I took off felt wasted. But more importantly, you then have the rest of the day to be endlessly smug to all the lesser mortals who took the extra fifteen minutes in bed, and feel more than morally justified having the last piece of cake.
    It works, trust me. I've just discovered I have hip bones.
    please refrain from spouting terrible advice
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertstare)
    please refrain from spouting terrible advice
    Whilst the last thing I want to do is start a trade-off of petty insults (this isn't, after all, YouTube,) I'm interested to know why you think so. I'm no exercise genius; it's just the method that works for me. You seem to know a lot more about losing weight than I, so what should I be doing instead?
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamthecakefairy)
    Whilst the last thing I want to do is start a trade-off of petty insults (this isn't, after all, YouTube,) I'm interested to know why you think so. I'm no exercise genius; it's just the method that works for me. You seem to know a lot more about losing weight than I, so what should I be doing instead?
    Implying that dieting isn't necessary for losing weight when its by far the most important component is a little misleading to say the least, and "having the last slice of cake" just because you went for a jog earlier is also a pretty illogical approach to weight loss/fat burning. Pretty much a guaranteed fail method if anything

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 11, 2013
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.