Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Reccommend a cheap last minute holiday?

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    In about two weeks today (2/3rd may) we have booked 1 week off for a mother/daughter holiday (both adults). We're happy to go anywhere and fly from anywhere preferable Cardiff, Bristol or London. I havent asked about the budget, but obviously cheaper the better. Something like Egypt sounds good or mediterranean (but this will no doubt be expensive) Anywhere thats cheapest sounds good.. thanks guys!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    try using ice lolly comparison site? I've put your details in and the cheapest is the Algarve and Costa Brava

http://www.icelolly.com/search-resul...+email+address
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbie-here)
    try using ice lolly comparison site? I've put your details in and the cheapest is the Algarve and Costa Brava

http://www.icelolly.com/search-resul...+email+address
    holy shhhhh- how so cheap??!!!

thanks by the way! is this legit??
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I've used Ice Lolly before, it's legit haha
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Egypt!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maccees)
    I've used Ice Lolly before, it's legit haha
    no way?! £80 for flights and a week in a 3* hotel anywhere.. SERIOUSLY? this sounds crazy cheap!

(Original post by xBillyBrownx)
    Egypt!
    sounds great, i cant find any fairly cheap deals though?

..think my mums wanting a cultural holiday she just said, or a city break even if it is for 4 days rather than a week. Arrhh any ideas guys? 4-7 nights anywhere in the world thats fairly affordable and "cultural"?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Indeed haha, one of my friends uses them a lot. It's not the best holiday in the world, but it's hard to argue with prices like that lol.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tpxvs)
    ..think my mums wanting a cultural holiday she just said, or a city break even if it is for 4 days rather than a week. Arrhh any ideas guys? 4-7 nights anywhere in the world thats fairly affordable and "cultural"?
    Berlin?
    It costs us for two persons: 50 pounds for 4 nights in a youth hostel and 50 pounds for 3 days' use of all public transports. I think the flight was around 40 pounds single but it depends on when you take it..
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ophelie_m)
    Berlin?
    It costs us for two persons: 50 pounds for 4 nights in a youth hostel and 50 pounds for 3 days' use of all public transports. I think the flight was around 40 pounds single but it depends on when you take it..
    wow that sounds great! could you link me to the sort of thing youre talking about as i cant find prices like this :/
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Skyscanner to find cheap flights.
    Just search Berlin youth hostels and look around.
    And buy transport once your there.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tpxvs)
    wow that sounds great! could you link me to the sort of thing youre talking about as i cant find prices like this :/
    Flights with easyjet, for transport once over there you can buy a special 3-day or weekly ticket at the info/tourist desk of the airport. For the youth hostels look online!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What are you after? Beach holiday or sightseeing or both? It's quite early for a lot of beach resorts so you would be best going to either Egypt or the Canaries or Cyprus or Southern Spain.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Skegness
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    a city break
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tpxvs)
    a city break
    Sounds like an oxymoron to me.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tpxvs)
    no way?! £80 for flights and a week in a 3* hotel anywhere.. SERIOUSLY? this sounds crazy cheap!

sounds great, i cant find any fairly cheap deals though?

Budapest.

I looked the other day and ryan air had return flights for about £100 inc luggage. You'd still have to get a room and what not, but it's probably one of my most favourite cities in the world. There are a lot of sites to see and places to visit.

I miss that place (I worked there for 2 months last summer)
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    look at anywhere on teletext
    best idea is not to lesser your options
    last summer my dad n bro started looking at teletext 1 week before they wanted to go on holiday
    they looked everyday and then one day they saw all inc 4* to mombassa for only 800£ (in general terms expensive, but for going all the way to kenya and then staying in an all inc 4* it's very cheap)
    most of the holidays my family go on in a last minute basis are to turkey
    turkey is cheap
    exchange rate atm is £1 = 2.8YTL
    i ate a good meal there for 4€ last week... my boss thought id starved myself until id describe my meal and at that point i think he had a minor heart attack lol :')

oh and turkey is hot in may
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rome
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    ..thanks for the ideas guys id really appreciate some links to holidays though? easyjet seem to do cheap flights, but ideally id prefer to buy an entire holiday package.. not so much into the guided tours etc but rather flights and hotel booked in one, and im keeping the options totally open just not france (as wed been quite recently)
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    do any of you know of a site where you dont need to specify the coutnry you want to visit and the exact region aswell as the exact airport your flying from (and board type, * rating etc..) its limiting my options or coming up with 0 results :/

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 19, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.