Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fellow learner drivers. What do you find most difficult about driving?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 54 followers

ReputationRep:
    So far for me its judging the width of the car so I either end up too close to the pavement or too close to the opposite side of the road. Clutch control is a bit hard to master at times too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bay Parking :unimpressed::unimpressed::unimpressed:
    Oh! And the random stupid blonde moments I have
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I just passed three weeks ago (yay!) but I find hill stops the most difficult. Hill starts, no problem, but stopping? In the right place? Without rolling back? Then there's the panic of not knowing if the handbrake is on enough, and slowly starting to roll back into the police car behind you... :shudders;
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    for me it is pedal control but i am getting used to to now
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    Stop start / slow car control going up hills.

(Original post by LouieSax)
    Didn't do that when I was learning at all.
    • 54 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh! And the random stupid blonde moments I have
    What kind of blonde moments do you have? I'm bad for not putting the clutch all the way down when breaking

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    What kind of blonde moments do you have? I'm bad for not putting the clutch all the way down when breaking

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My most recent blonde moment, I saw a red light and thought to myself "I should probably stop now" but then carried on driving. -.-' Another time, I was waiting at red lights, waiting to turn left I then turned to my instructor and said "I have to change lanes when the lights go green" The lights then went green and I carried on in my original lane *Face Palm*
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    My most recent blonde moment, I saw a red light and thought to myself "I should probably stop now" but then carried on driving. -.-' Another time, I was waiting at red lights, waiting to turn left I then turned to my instructor and said "I have to change lanes when the lights go green" The lights then went green and I carried on in my original lane *Face Palm*
    I've done things similar to this too. Don't worry haha
    • 54 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieInOrange)
    I just passed three weeks ago (yay!) but I find hill stops the most difficult. Hill starts, no problem, but stopping? In the right place? Without rolling back? Then there's the panic of not knowing if the handbrake is on enough, and slowly starting to roll back into the police car behind you... :shudders;
    Well done for passing!
    I've not done hill starts and stops yet but I can't say I'm looking forward to them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 54 followers

ReputationRep:
    Also how do or did you guys find things like reversing and roundabouts?

So far I've only been driving in an empty car park and on a quiet residential street. I feel like I'll never have the balls to drive on a road! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You only need to do that just before you stop - if you're just slowing down, yo don't need to put the clutch in.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Everything! Worst is reacting to things I see and road signs. I am so slow at processing what's going on around me.
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    Everything! Worst is reacting to things I see and road signs. I am so slow at processing what's going on around me.
    I'm the same tbh
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    When i learnt to drive it was bay parking and occationally roundabouts.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Judging the width of my car and the position in the road. I am getting better though.

Busy roundabouts are tough though.

I was driving along some almost single track country road today and encountered 2 cars on a tight bend with 2 cars behind me. Ye, that was fun :rolleyes: Had to do some reversing.

I don't really panic if I have someone to tell me what to do. In this case I just followed my dad's instructions. It's what I will do if I am on my own. I'm scared of passing and then having to drive on my own lol

Also how do or did you guys find things like reversing and roundabouts?

So far I've only been driving in an empty car park and on a quiet residential street. I feel like I'll never have the balls to drive on a road! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you hadn an instructor or just been using your boyfriend? Knowing that the instructor has dual controls helps alot. They are used to having to grab the steering wheel and use their brakes.
    • 54 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Judging the width of my car and the position in the road. I am getting better though.

Busy roundabouts are tough though.

I was driving along some almost single track country road today and encountered 2 cars on a tight bend with 2 cars behind me. Ye, that was fun :rolleyes: Had to do some reversing.

I don't really panic if I have someone to tell me what to do. In this case I just followed my dad's instructions. It's what I will do if I am on my own. I'm scared of passing and then having to drive on my own lol

Have you hadn an instructor or just been using your boyfriend? Knowing that the instructor has dual controls helps alot. They are used to having to grab the steering wheel and use their brakes.
    Yeah I've just started going to an instructor as well as getting practice lessons from my bf. I'm hoping that I'll pick up things a lot quicker since I have my own car to practice on as well between lessons
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    getting in the right lane at large islands (lol) and sometimes picking up things such as signs and stuff a bit too late, but driving wise i am fine to take my test, only i need to correct these errors as it racks up loads of minors. however i reckon if i was put in for my test i would pass
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    How to cover up the blood stains on my bonnet.
    • 54 followers

ReputationRep:
    How many lessons you guys had so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    How many lessons you guys had so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have played copious amounts of GTA and Burnout Paradise.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 23, 2014
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered learning to drive

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.