Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

becoming really nervous of stalling..and end up stalling - Often

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ive had about 17 hours with an instructor and 8 hours with my parents car.

im stalling all the time now in my dads old fiat punto..i just had an hours drive then and stalled 4 times, but in my instructors car i never stall and the clutch bite point is so much lower and easier to find/manouevere

when i first drove in my dads car though i never stalled it :/ i drove everywhere and never stalled, now im gettin really nervous and paranoid about it that i keep stalling it, the punto's bite point is so high up and the gas pedal is so sensitive and it makes it that more annoying im gettin really scared of it lol

any advice? :/

p.s. by lower i mean to the floor, and higher i mean when letting go of the clutch
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Same problem here!! I got really big problem with our car its fiat stillo, specially on hills it happens two times now where i cant just go on the hill and we had to change seats with my boyfriend so the car doesn't stay in the middle of the road forever On my instructor car i am completely fine i think because its diesel and our one is petrol and make things difficult. I am now really terrified when approaching hill and have to stop.
    I guess more practise its need it.
    For example just go on the very quite street and stop and go if necessary all day so you can used to it to the clutch and the car.
    I think fiats are very hard to drive

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You will get used to it just pull up the handbreak when you are on the hill, When its time to go set some gas and pull up the clutch to the biting point your car will lift from the rear and then pull down the handbreak and you won't roll back.
    Its easier said then done but once you get used to it it will become easier.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I have a fiat 500 and had the exact same problem but I've been driving for 3 months and now I think it's just getting used to something different cause I don't stall anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was the exact same way but sooner or later it all seems to click and you don't stall. It's better to do this on your lessons.

Just don't worry too much you will get there. I never thought I would but I passed my test on Wednesday.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 29, 2014
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered learning to drive

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.